List Mgmt. 2020 Draft Mega Thread - picks 35, 47, 57, 59, 73, 95

Remove this Banner Ad

A situation of an AFL listed retired player playing for a different club? No, but it's not something i've ever thought of either.

Thats the whole point, none has thought of it before. The sanfl just make it up as they go along and continue to tell us that paying our top up players a reasonable wage will undermine their competition.

I am entitled to my opinion and maybe you should read back over the posts? I do not see any thing bizzare in defending another person's right to raise an issue on what is supposed to be an open forum.

The fact is both the Power and the Crows rookie listed a player with 150 games of AFL experience under the belt with no intention of playing them at AFL level. That might well provoke a response from the SANFL clubs who may see it as a means of circumventing the draconian conditions they have imposed upon us. How is that not an issue? I am not saying anyone should lose any sleep on it but it is something to discuss. Anyone who who does not want to comment need only pass.

Tyson Goldsack was originally appointed as the Port Magpies leadership player after Cam Sutcliffe was elevated. He did not fulfill the role because of COVID restrictions. We have subsequently appointed Sutcliffe back into his original role and Rookie listed his replacement. That effectively gives us two Leadership players at SANFL level where we are only supposed to have one. I am not knocking the move as I think it is great thinking but the SANFL clubs may not see it that way. They are probably not in a position to do much about it this year but you can bet they will tighten the screws even further next year.
I agree.
This also just shows though what a piss weak comp the sanfl is whereby the governing body changed the rules every year at the bequest of vindictive SANFL teams.

Nah fu** him the fat flog, son will instantly become the most hated crow, cheating little head ducking prick he is

To listen to the bullshit, it’s a win for all parents.. it transcends more than just the 5aa family..

Had to turn off, it was pure dribble

My brother taught James and reckons both he and his Dad are really good blokes who certainly don't take themselves too seriously. Steven loves his kids to bits and if you find it offensive, then thats rather sad.

Lol GWS making friends with Bruhn early by telling him to front the media and tell them he's happy to be there. Let him look sad you utensil heads, embrace it and change it. Don't force him to come and trot out some company line. He's probably regretting being a footballer at this rate.

My brother taught James and reckons both he and his Dad are really good blokes who certainly don't take themselves too seriously. Steven loves his kids to bits and if you find it offensive, then thats rather sad.
I agree, can’t help as a Dad feel the love.

Seen a pic off him next to Dad, is Jim 4 ft 2?

So, two things:

1.I think we have one spot available on our rookie list? So are we picking up one more player in the SSP?

2. Am I correct in assuming that trade with Collingwood at the draft was GWS’s fourth round pick? That’s the only fourth round pick they had at the time of the trade

So, two things:

1.I think we have one spot available on our rookie list? So are we picking up one more player in the SSP?

2. Am I correct in assuming that trade with Collingwood at the draft was GWS’s fourth round pick? That’s the only fourth round pick they had at the time of the trade

If so, hope we go Fahey-Sparkes.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That's what Lore and Taylor on the Draft and Trading board have put into the 2021 provisional draft picks thread / spreadsheet.

I don't need to hear that Rowey is a good bloke. I'm still recovering from hearing Kevin Muscat is a good bloke.

Anyway Rowey used to steal my carpark and I've got a memory like an elephant.

Oh god Damien Fleming and Andy Mahar - shoot me now!

What the club says: "[Lachie’s] got some real speed and bursts and real power, and he can take a nice grab. He knows when to punch or when to spoil, he’s got a good feel for when to attack the ball and kick long. [Ollie's] a tall key position forward who attacks the contest and can take a good mark. He’s raw because he hasn’t been in the AFL Academy program and will take some time to develop but given the tall forwards we’ve got we can give him that time." - national recruiting manager Geoff Parker

Verdict: It was a relatively simple night for Port Adelaide, who had been planning for a first-round bid on Academy prospect Lachie Jones from a long way out. That arrived when Collingwood came calling with pick No.16, where the club unsurprisingly matched the bid. Jones is a versatile 186cm defender in the mould of Dane Rampe, with his ability to tackle small or tall opposition set to provide a valuable asset in the Power backline. He's also a ready-made prospect who played senior SANFL footy this season. With one list spot remaining, Port claimed 195cm forward Ollie Lord with pick No.49. He's still raw, but will have time to develop within a strong setup next season. Father-son prospect Taj Schofield and former 165-game Collingwood premiership defender Tyson Goldsack, who had previously retired at the end of the 2019 season, joined the club via the Rookie Draft. - Riley Beveridge

I'm sure we'll have some guys training with us over summer and having a spot with multiple mid-season drafts is a good idea.

There's only one mid-season draft. AFL ditched the idea of multiple drafts.

There's only one mid-season draft. AFL ditched the idea of multiple drafts.
No but can't you pick up someone in the pre season period without a draft Sydney Stack style?

I know we have been saying we need points for Jase next yr but I've just seen Tex wanganeen is up as well.
If so will he pick us and how good is he?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back