Hottest 100 of 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

apart from Spacey Jane, all the usual suspects are ranking high on Warm Tunas so far - Flume, Tame, Ball Park and Glass Animals with the dross of G Flip and Mallrat not far off them

had no idea Spacey Jane had such a huge following, but can’t see them winning

apart from Spacey Jane, all the usual suspects are ranking high on Warm Tunas so far - Flume, Tame, Ball Park and Glass Animals with the dross of G Flip and Mallrat not far off them

had no idea Spacey Jane had such a huge following, but can’t see them winning

Not sure they'll win it either but it's a great story for them regardless.

Unearthed winner in 2018, to #80 in the 2019 countdown to potentially winning it in 2020.

They'd be the little band that could. Love a good Aussie underdog success story.

Unless you like crap American rap which is all they play, you’re not missing much.
Are they still playing that crap, rap died in the 90's, or so I thought. Now I'm glad it's past me by.

And what the hell has happened to Indie Rock bands? They were the brilliant in 90's, but the few I've heard recently have been terrible.

Are they still playing that crap, rap died in the 90's, or so I thought. Now I'm glad it's past me by.

And what the hell has happened to Indie Rock bands? They were the brilliant in 90's, but the few I've heard recently have been terrible.

pop music bings in more listeners so the j’s eventually decided why try and be alternative and different to the competition when they can just do the same and still pretend coz they play unsigned pop garbage that they’re better haha

I haven't tuned into the Jays in years

Can I vote Dua Lipa?

The bass work on her new album is magnificent

(Log in to remove this ad.)

your-hottest100-votes.png

Wonder if Tay Tay will finally get a gig this year, they did play her duet with Bon Iver a few times this year, so she's technically eligible

I went through the list last night and could only find about 6/7 songs that I’ve heard. I used to listen to JJJ religiously now it’s past me by. I feel so old.:'(
Unless you like crap American rap which is all they play, you’re not missing much.

The station hasnt really been the same since Double J started up imo. If you like the older style music that place is the go.

Triple J feels a lot closer to commercial crap than alternative music nowadays.

I went through the list last night and could only find about 6/7 songs that I’ve heard. I used to listen to JJJ religiously now it’s past me by. I feel so old.:'(
I am the same, use to listen to triple J a lot and loved the hottest 100 countdown. Very rarely hear anything I like on there these days when I do switch over to it. It all sounds the same, either slow soft rock or rap.

Listening to the Warm Tunas countdown and I am struggling to find a song a like enough to put into my top 10 countdown. I think I have finally hit that tipping point in age when I am too old for triple J

I really enjoyed Glass Animals' first two albums but Dreamland just isn't doing it for me at all. Heat Waves is mildly catchy, but it's a bit of a nothing song really.
Your Love is a lot better imo

I am the same, use to listen to triple J a lot and loved the hottest 100 countdown. Very rarely hear anything I like on there these days when I do switch over to it. It all sounds the same, either slow soft rock or rap.

Listening to the Warm Tunas countdown and I am struggling to find a song a like enough to put into my top 10 countdown. I think I have finally hit that tipping point in age when I am too old for triple J
There's an idea. Start a thread "When did you become too old to listen to Triple J". :D

Remove this Banner Ad

Back