Bigfooty Yid Army Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah we do hold on to players way too long. Sanchez should have been sold 2 summers ago now we will struggle to get any sort of decent fee for him.
Eriksen should have been sold earlier as well
Sanchez sold right after the CL final, the summer in which we maxed out budget and spent big on Gio and Tanguy et al.

So what names should we have chased? Hindsight calls like this need a realistic replacement.
We aren't at Arsenal levels of ineptness on this front but it is heading that way.

Put a 20m price on Sanchez's head, 15m on Lamela and 20m on Lucas and be done with it. If you can ship them off and bring in 50-60m then you can "over-spend" by 10-20m on your number 1 target and then still have change to replace them with young prospects.
This is extremely hyperbolic. Heading towards Arsenal ineptness. What piffle.

I now regret mentioning the topic. Forgot this is the ‘lost all reality’ echo chamber.

This is extremely hyperbolic. Heading towards Arsenal ineptness. What piffle.
Look at the free transfers they let go.

Look at the fee we got for Eriksen. The lack of fee for Vertonghen and Rose. Then Lamela, Aurier, Lloris and Gazzaniga all out of contract in 18 months will all either be sold for not enough this summer or go for free in 2022.

Should be cashing in on players earlier. At least 1 or 2 of Eriksen, Rose or Vertonghen should have been sold at the end of their peak for a healthy fee. Lamela and Aurier should have been sold 2 seasons ago. Gazzaniga we should have sold when we thought Hart was coming in ahead of him.

Lloris is a tough one. Leader and top 4 quality still so he is probably worth keeping and letting him run down his contract and goes for free in 18 months time.

So what names should we have chased? Hindsight calls like this need a realistic replacement.
Tryone Mings, John Stones when he was on Pep's naughty step, Tarkowski, Konsa (he plays for Villa FYI), Ben Godfrey.

All of whom are HG and significantly better than Sanchez. All of whom could have come in and been a 3rd or 4th choice CB behind the Belgians.

Look at the free transfers they let go.

Look at the fee we got for Eriksen. The lack of fee for Vertonghen and Rose. Then Lamela, Aurier, Lloris and Gazzaniga all out of contract in 18 months will all either be sold for not enough this summer or go for free in 2022.

Should be cashing in on players earlier. At least 1 or 2 of Eriksen, Rose or Vertonghen should have been sold at the end of their peak for a healthy fee. Lamela and Aurier should have been sold 2 seasons ago. Gazzaniga we should have sold when we thought Hart was coming in ahead of him.

Lloris is a tough one. Leader and top 4 quality still so he is probably worth keeping and letting him run down his contract and goes for free in 18 months time.
You don’t sell players you value just because their contract is within 2 years. Eriksen should have been sold 6 months earlier at the most.

Vertonghen, Lamela, Aurier are all valued players - internally. You sell what you don’t want. Rose we can’t give away and Poch refused to sell him when he went loopy. Gazza, who cares - paid * all - and would receive not much for him. Much better to keep around as the 3rd GK.

So that brings us back to Sanchez who two summers ago nary a person wanted sold. Claiming so now is done with the benefit of hundsight.
Tryone Mings, John Stones when he was on Pep's naughty step, Tarkowski, Konsa (he plays for Villa FYI), Ben Godfrey.

All of whom are HG and significantly better than Sanchez. All of whom could have come in and been a 3rd or 4th choice CB behind the Belgians.
But we weren’t looking to replace a defender, and calls for such were scarce so looking back with 20:20 vision us disingenuous.

Don’t patronise me on Konsa, don’t need to be an FPL try hard to know players from other clubs.

And probably would have been 2nd choice quickly as Vertonghen dropped off quickly.

Amazed a bigger club hasn't grabbed Tarkowski

But we weren’t looking to replace a defender, and calls for such were scarce so looking back with 20:20 vision us disingenuous.
We needed to replace Vertonghen and Toby who were getting on in age. Sanchez has been regressing for years and we should have cut our losses. We've already gone over how far he has fallen after an okay initial season. His 2018/19 season it was clear he wasn't going to become world class so move him on, he had value then and was still not good enough to be ahead of the two aging Belgians. But we don't sell and fund to improve like clubs like Liverpool and RB Leipzig.

Don’t patronise me on Konsa, don’t need to be an FPL try hard to know players from other clubs.
Just in case you weren't aware of who he is since at the time he was bought by Villa he was what you like to call a Championship hack

And probably would have been 2nd choice quickly as Vertonghen dropped off quickly.

Amazed a bigger club hasn't grabbed Tarkowski
Mourinho is rightly moaning about our HG issues. It's crazy we've allowed non-HG players be squad fillers when there's so many English talents from the Championship who have stepped up to become England internationals. It's like we don't even bother scouting domestically!

We needed to replace Vertonghen and Toby who were getting on in age. Sanchez has been regressing for years and we should have cut our losses. We've already gone over how far he has fallen after an okay initial season. His 2018/19 season it was clear he wasn't going to become world class so move him on, he had value then and was still not good enough to be ahead of the two aging Belgians. But we don't sell and fund to improve like clubs like Liverpool and RB Leipzig.

Just in case you weren't aware of who he is since at the time he was bought by Villa he was what you like to call a Championship hack
All 20:20 nonsense. But this is JD 101. Use anything as a stick to beat the club over the head with. Sad state of affairs really. Can’t even put up a link highlighting some set pieces we’ve struggled with without it coming back to some clueless transfer gibberish.

we still don’t need to replace Alderweireld btw.

Thank the lord you are nowhere near our scouting department. High as a kite.

All 20:20 nonsense. But this is JD 101. Use anything as a stick to beat the club over the head with. Sad state of affairs really. Can’t even put up a link highlighting some set pieces we’ve struggled with without it coming back to some clueless transfer gibberish.

And here is Doctor Levy 101. The club that has achieved nothing is doing everything perfectly fine and in fact much better than progressive clubs who have gone past from a long way behind us, without oil or dirty money too. Clubs that spend time constantly reviewing their squads and buying and selling well. No we are much better than that. Much better than CL and PL title winners. Much better than a side that pushes the Bayern juggernaut. We are much better than a side like Leicester who have picked apart their title winning squad and rebuilt it and now have a better overall feel to their squad to that miracle effort and better balanced than ours.

Toby is slow and can't jump and it's only going to get worse as pointed out by your clip. Been declining for 2-3 years. But no lets keep him until for another 2.5 years. Lets not just keep him lets rely on him as our #1 centre back because he used to world class 3 years ago. Then lets wonder why we can't win anything.

Your narrative is constantly flicking between "it's all too hard" to "we're perfect" which is highly amusing considering our own manager is starting to complain about our issues. Complaining about ability of our defenders not being good enough (something I have said for 2-3 years). Complaining about our HG squad issues (something I have been saying for 2-3 years). Come to think of it if we had anyone with half a brain like say myself or Jose Mourinho in our scouting department we wouldn't have said problems ;)

Is NZ as far away from England as can be? If not please find where that is and move!

“something I have said for 2-3 years”. Yeah but I don’t listen to you anymore, thankfully.
Can you please just post in here and leave this thread to spurs fans?

Those set pieces have been there all season and have got worse if anything. A lot of that is on the players but when you want to play a strong defensive plan but with players who have mistake prone players that is going to cause criticism of the plan

We didn't need to replace Vertonghen at the end of 18/19 either, a couple of months later he was struggling

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Those set pieces have been there all season and have got worse if anything. A lot of that is on the players but when you want to play a strong defensive plan but with players who have mistake prone players that is going to cause criticism of the plan

We didn't need to replace Vertonghen at the end of 18/19 either, a couple of months later he was struggling
Yeah at 30-31 he was looking fine but by 32 dropped off a cliff. Shouldn't have been too surprising it happens to players once they hit 30+ and with Toby lets not forget he had a very significant soft tissue injury at 28 or 29 which has expedited his fall from lofty standards, which was also not helped by a contract saga too.

You two need to fu**.
I have standards ;)
Can you please just post in here and leave this thread to spurs fans?

You can’t hack have your views questioned or debated can you?

New thread so you can enjoy your echo chamber.

No doubt it has been our only real weakness, and still have a solid defensive record. Should be looking at another player in the summer, and I’d be trying Rodon more.

You can admit this and at the same time not make up stuff about the past. Which is largely what has happened here today.

Let’s move on.

No chances against Wycombe. Strong team. Get through and then prepare for Everton in the next round.

You can admit this and at the same time not make up stuff about the past. Which is largely what has happened here today.
I've wanted Sanchez and Dier out for a couple of years. Dier has almost turned me around this season (still has a few errors in him) but needs to be the no 2 CB with a strong number 1 next to him. No coincidence he looks better with Alderweireld than with anyone else.

Sanchez just doesn't have the quality to be a regular top 4 CB. Foyth another one who should probably have been sold in the summer(would have put a buyback clause in that one) is more likely to get there than Sanchez

You can’t hack have your views questioned or debated can you?

New thread so you can enjoy your echo chamber.
No you just have a boring narrative that everything is always ticking along nicely at the club and we couldn't do any better off the field. That's what that other thread is for. This thread is for talking about not just what we do well but where we can improve as well

No you just have a boring narrative that everything is always ticking along nicely at the club and we couldn't do any better off the field. That's what that other thread is for. This thread is for talking about not just what we do well but where we can improve as well
When you want to start with the do well section let me know. Must have missed that 5 post stretch of positivity in here.

I find your ‘find faults’ narrative boring - correction - sad.

One tweet about set pieces spurns into some nonsensical waffle on with a strong hint of revisionism. Weird as.

When you want to start with the do well section let me know. Must have missed that 5 post stretch of positivity in here.

I find your ‘find faults’ narrative boring - correction - sad.

One tweet about set pieces spurns into some nonsensical waffle on with a strong hint of revisionism. Weird as.
One tweet you shared that I have actually agreed with and said is something we should be looking to fix and should have tried fixing in previous Windows. Yet you're disagreeing for the sake of it.

One tweet you shared that I have actually agreed with and said is something we should be looking to fix and should have tried fixing in previous Windows. Yet you're disagreeing for the sake of it.
Agreeing we should rectify in the summer, hopefully with Skriniar (or Ramos if he doesn’t go to PSG).

Accept revisionist statements that we should have done this and that with heaps of players. Not copping that.

Agreeing we should rectify in the summer, hopefully with Skriniar (or Ramos if he doesn’t go to PSG).

Accept revisionist statements that we should have done this and that with heaps of players. Not copping that.
Use the search function. Been saying we should upgrade at the back for years.

You have caught up finally and agree with me. Welcome to 2019. Soon you'll be saying maybe nkoudou and janssen might not be up to it ;)

You don’t sell players you value just because their contract is within 2 years. Eriksen should have been sold 6 months earlier at the most.

Vertonghen, Lamela, Aurier are all valued players - internally. You sell what you don’t want. Rose we can’t give away and Poch refused to sell him when he went loopy. Gazza, who cares - paid fu** all - and would receive not much for him. Much better to keep around as the 3rd GK.

So that brings us back to Sanchez who two summers ago nary a person wanted sold. Claiming so now is done with the benefit of hundsight.

That is one method. You don’t have to be consider a ‘selling club’ if you sell a player when their currency is high - as long as you back in your recruitment.

No player should be off limits with the exception of a once in a generation or future club legend.

Look at Liverpool and Coutinho. Cashed in when he was at his peak. If they were smart they should cash in on Salah now too and freshen up top.

We could (not ‘should’ before you jump down my throat) have sold Dele and/or Eriksen when they were at their highest value and reinvested that money into various positions.

Our squad ended up a little stale. A big name out for 2 in should be considered, and many of the great teams do that when they have squad depth or back in their recruitment to buy at 20m, sell at 50m and repeat - without the detriment of falling down the table.

Last edited:
That is one method. You don’t have to be consider a ‘selling club’ if you sell a player when their currency is high - as long as you back in your recruitment.

No player should be off limits with the exception of a once in a generation or future club legend.

Look at Liverpool and Coutinho. Cashed in when he was at his peak. If they were smart they should cash in on Salah now too and freshen up top.

We could (not ‘should’ before you jump down my throat) have sold Dele and/or Eriksen when they were at their highest value and reinvested that money into various positions.

Our squad ended up a little stale. A big name out for 2 in should be considered, and many of the great teams do that when they have squad depth or back in their recruitment to buy at 20m, sell at 50m and repeat - without the detriment of falling down the table.
I have absolutely no issue if that's the viewpoint people want to come to. Just admit that it is something that has formed over time.
Just disagreed with passing it off as a long held view designed as a stick to beat the club with, that part is not true.

With Liverpool just a few days later think we will see a somewhat rotated squad. Would have been good to have Harvey White available still for this one

Hart
Doherty Tanganga Sanchez Davies
Winks Sissoko Gedson
Bale Viniscius Lucas

Doherty and Aurier both injury doubts so could see Tanganga at RB with one of Rodon, Toby or Dier coming in at CB.
Lamela and Toby in for Doherty and Gedson. Good side selected

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back