2021 Non-Crows AFL Discussion Part 1: we can have lots of fun!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
No different to all of the other rule changes between AFL & SANFL - 25m penalties, last touch out of bounds, ...

** Not defending the rule, just noting that having rule differences between AFL & SANFL is nothing new.
None whatsover of which will impact results anywhere near as much as this nonsensical bullshit rule change.

It's a rule designed to solve an issue which doesn't exist
Steve Hocking feels like he needs to make constant rule changes... when we would be better off for him to stay at home & leave the game the * alone!

FYI.

Thanks for posting these tweets all the time. I do genuinely appreciate this because it keeps me up to speed of whats going on without the need to read various AFL news sources.

Keep it up. :thumbsu:

Scorpus is another one that always posts articles. Its appreciated as well. I like knowing I can come to this board and be updated with everything instantly.

This is going to be infuriating.

I've said I want to see it in action before I judge it in its entirety - now I have. That looks bad. Really bad.

The umpire should have called play-on once the player with the ball moved an inch off his line. That is the only way it works ... and even then it's a solution without a problem.

Gonna be a stinker.

That's why I'm waiting to see our financials before being critical of others.
Give our club credit ....a lot of the Victorian Teams are insisting you have to be a member to access internal trial streams .....I dislike leverage of that kind, when so many paid membership fees last year, and didn't get to go to any games

FYI.

Thanks for posting these tweets all the time. I do genuinely appreciate this because it keeps me up to speed of whats going on without the need to read various AFL news sources.

Keep it up. :thumbsu:

Scorpus is another one that always posts articles. Its appreciated as well. I like knowing I can come to this board and be updated with everything instantly.
I do it on my board, not everyone uses Twitter ....and it creates a one stop shop for a lot of media articles .....saves time

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm happy to wait and see with this one. The umpires need to be hot on calling play on as soon as the player with the ball steps off the line.

I think it's a good thing to stop players on the mark coming right around to try and cut off more dangerous options.

It's easy for players to adapt to it. You wait until they kick or you hear play on. Umpires just have to be switched on when calling play on.

I'm happy to wait and see with this one. The umpires need to be hot on calling play on as soon as the player with the ball steps off the line.

I think it's a good thing to stop players on the mark coming right around to try and cut off more dangerous options.

It's easy for players to adapt to it. You wait until they kick or you hear play on. Umpires just have to be switched on when calling play on.
And will anyone be surprised to find they are quicker for some teams than others??

Port whingers whingeing that they’re the only club not to have received government funding for improvements to club facilities (* claim unproven)

well they are the only club to receive federal funding to play a game overseas

so that’s 1-1 in my book
They have $4m on their books as a Federal Grant to help redevelop Alberton.

Have held it for at least four years.

They can't raise the funds to fully fund the project.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

They have $4m on their books as a Federal Grant to help redevelop Alberton.

Have held it for at least four years.

They can't raise the funds to fully fund the project.
They have so much grant money they gave some back didn't they?

Moving on the mark should be a 15 metre penalty, just like the old days

50 metre penalties are too severe to the point it discourages umpires from paying it

who else remembers Jim Stynes running over the mark in the 1987 prelim, leading to a Gary buckenara shot from 35 out to win the game at the siren?

that was a 15 metre penalty and more than enough

making everything 50 metres just means things get called less and matter more when they do

I watched footy religiously 70s 80s 90s 2000s played... what the FECK are the AFL twats doing? There was never anything wrong with the game and this rule when the game was amazing to watch... poor young fans today... homogenised, factory made 'music' and the AFL rule changes...mmmm

The new on-the-mark rule is just another stupid interpretation, to add to the list of fifty other stupid interpretations, that umpires officiate inconsistently all because the circlejerkers at AFL House need to justify their salaries.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back