Preview Round 2, 2021: Hawthorn v Richmond, 28 March 2021, 1.10pm @ Melbourne Cricket Ground

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Out - the midfield that was just walked through in the 2 qtr along with Howe

In - the midfield that got pissed off and had a go in the 3rd and 4th Qtr and Lewis in for Howe with our captain in the ruck as much as possible

That way Lewis or Tobby can pinch hit ruck if Cegs goes missing again for long periods, because he can rest/play forward.

But the most important thing - new effing umpires.

Last edited:

Koschitzke, Howe, Downie* and Hanrahan could all lose their spots to Lewis, Scrimshaw, Cousins and Wingard respectively.

Once Wingard is ready, he comes in. I feel the same about Scrimshaw once he is match fit.

God help us trying to squeeze in Sicily and Gunston when they are ready to return.

* Downie might even get a shot to run around next week but I doubt we will have the same player named as the sub in consecutive weeks.

For mine Lewis gets in if he can provide better than Ceglar. At the moment maybe not.

Let the current forwards develop some chemistry. We are kicking team goals right now. Of course Wingard is in if fit

Need to build a squad mentality with our hard bodies and best youth as the core - it’s a long game.

Id be trying to squeeze scrimshaw in this week as think he needs to be part of the core but Lewis, downie and cousins will need to wait for their turn. Nash and Finn too for that matter.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Frost is probably our best match up. But it leaves us short against lynch and jack.
Has the strength, but probably not the smarts. Hardwick has both. Is apparently the bench-press champ at the club. The only concern might be in the air. But gee he was impressive on Tippa and managed to win a fair bit of the ball. Martin may actually have to defend, which would be a victory in itself.

Shiels or Howe pick him up in the midfield, I suppose.

Clarko will need to limit the Tigers' intercepting from defense. That may mean Lewis plays. He performed well at Box Hill yesterday.
It would also stop Kosi taking the best defender.
I feel Kosi may be best at CHF due to his mobility and pretty decent pace (for his size).

Clarko was at Box Hill for most of the game. Glad he has these selection headaches. 🙂

Actually I've had a think (still within 24 hours of the game), I think we'll go in unchanged, but we'll see someone else take on the Sub role with Downie getting on the park. Main reason for this is that Downie's running power on the MCG is going to be well more advantageous. If I had to guess I'd say Howe rotates with him in that sub-role.
I think Howe was actually quite good bar dropping three sitters and having a couple shocking disposals early on. Other option could be Burgers taking the sub vest- I don't think he had a particularly impactful role last night but him being around the field and on the bench will be like having an extra coach around.

Tickets for this game on Tuesday will sellout for club members very quickly.

• Member Group 1: Tuesday 23 March, 1pm – Wednesday 24 March, 9am**
• Member Group 2: Tuesday 23 March, 3pm – Wednesday 24 March, 9am**
• Member Group 3: Tuesday 23 March, 5pm – Wednesday 24 March, 9am**

I'd play Howe on Dusty. Have to curb Martins' output or we're screwed!
Just have to say Daniel don't care if you only get 6 possies for the game but if you keep martin to 12-15 under pressure stats for the day you've done you're job.
great to see the Stangers have a convincing win & as mentioned already good for the match committee to actually have lots of work to get around now.

Scrimshaw, Lewis and maybe Wingard will all be trying to convince Clarko that they've done enough to come back in.

Not sure we'll see any changes. Scrim for Howe?
I'd say Chad is basically no chance until the Cats game.

I'd play Howe on Dusty. Have to curb Martins' output or we're screwed!
Just have to say Daniel don't care if you only get 6 possies for the game but if you keep martin to 12-15 under pressure stats for the day you've done you're job.
great to see the Stangers have a convincing win & as mentioned already good for the match committee to actually have lots of work to get around now.
We have tried Howe on him before, he is just too damn slow by foot and mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back