Preview Round 2, 2021: Hawthorn v Richmond, 28 March 2021, 1.10pm @ Melbourne Cricket Ground

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Two undefeated sides clash at the spiritual home of Australian rules football. Changes and preview discussion in here.

Scrimshaw, Lewis and maybe Wingard will all be trying to convince Clarko that they've done enough to come back in.

Not sure we'll see any changes. Scrim for Howe?

IN: Wingard

OUT: Howe

B: Hardwick, Hartigan, Impey

HB: Day, Frost, Burgoyne

C: Morrison, Mitchell, Phillips

HF: Hanrahan, O’Brien, Wingard

F: Breust, Koschitzke, Brockman

R: McEvoy, O’Meara, Worpel

INT: Shiels, Moore, Ceglar, Jiath

IN: Wingard

OUT: Howe

B: Hardwick, Hartigan, Impey

HB: Day, Frost, Burgoyne

C: Morrison, Mitchell, Phillips

HF: Hanrahan, O’Brien, Wingard

F: Breust, Koschitzke, Brockman

R: McEvoy, O’Meara, Worpel

INT: Shiels, Moore, Ceglar, Jiath

No I think Howe stays - Maybe Hanrahan is the unlucky one to miss out. I think we need Howe's bigger body and aggression against the Tigers but we will also need Wingard's smarts.

No I think Howe stays - Maybe Hanrahan is the unlucky one to miss out. I think we need Howe's bigger body and aggression against the Tigers but we will also need Wingard's smarts.

Unless Howe will do the tagging role on Dustin Martin, then I fail to see what it is he offers. Playing against a Richmond team who have speed all over the ground, Hanrahan is a better option for this game.

Unless Howe will do the tagging role on Dustin Martin, then I fail to see what it is he offers. Playing against a Richmond team who have speed all over the ground, Hanrahan is a better option for this game.

He's the only player I think we have made for the run with role on Dusty and we need that way more than we need another small forward especially when you already have Breust, Moore, Brockman and you are bringing in Winged. - If you keep Hanrahan you are playing 5 small forwards - madness.

Super stiff decisions to be made after this game. I think Ollie and Howe could be unlucky. I can see Scrimshaw & Wingard/Downie coming in, but I think we're a good chance to go in unchanged.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We really need to be physical with Dusty and get inside his head nothing else seems to work.

We were lucky he didn’t play against us last year.

I think we are in big trouble if Howe is to tag Martin. Prefer Worpell perhaps to try and negate his run.

If Wingard is fit I think he should come in as you would think Gunston; then there's Lewis maybe for Koz and Scrimshaw for Hartigan maybe??

Like to see Downie also so very tough decisions to be made. You can't possible drop Jiath, Moore or Brockman as all did very well in patches.

I also like Cousins as a player but having said that would be hard to drop anyone from that second half performance, so glad I'm not a coach.

Really hope we just get some non-biased umpires who can actually be fair, as got a horrible feeling it may be as bad against the Tigers but hope I am wrong; anyway the win should really lift the boys for a big effort; I hope..

Why do you always want to drop Ceglar? It's not happening.
What are you on about always wanting to drop him 🤣 the season literally just started so how could that be true. We don’t need 2 rucks against a pressure speedy team in Richmond. Lewis or O’Brien can pinch hit when needed and both provide more. Ceglar can’t hit targets from 15m without turning it over.

Was a good win against the Bombers, but Ollie would be extremely lucky to see his name on the team sheet next week. He carried decent form into the game, but he was largely ineffective against the Dons.

Downie to come in, Ollie to come out for starters.

I was surprised that Scrimshaw wasn't named. He had a good game (as he invariably does) in the VFL. Should've played against the Dons. Someone comes out for him.

Doubt Chad is ready.

Scrim for Howe.

Day has to take a wing now.
That's never going to happen IMO.
He has two elite qualities: reading the play and composure with the ball.
We've got others who can run and deliver, but fewer who compare to Day in defence - perhaps only Sicily and Gunston.

Day will be in the heat at all times and used to disrupt and distribute.

This might be an unpopular opinion but I feel like a large part of our success in 2021 will be down to how well Cegs plays.

No coincidence that when he picked his game up in the 2nd half the team picked up as well.

He has by all accounts had a good pre season so I am (cautiously) optimistic on him and feel he may surprise a few on this board with his performances.

This might be an unpopular opinion but I feel like a large part of our success in 2021 will be down to how well Cegs plays.

No coincidence that when he picked his game up in the 2nd half the team picked up as well.

He has by all accounts had a good pre season so I am (cautiously) optimistic on him and feel he may surprise a few on this board with his performances.
Spot on.

He was very good in the ruck in the 3rd term because IMO Draper was jumping all over BB.

At half time, there were probably 6-8 battling to hold their place. Thought the guys who were down like ceglar, Moore, Howe, hanrahan, Morrison all were significant in the comeback. Cegs clangers aside he was still really important (and I’m a non-believer)

So I reckon no/minimal changes.

Lewis plays if one of ceglar, O’Brien and kosi miss. Maybe cegs out horses for courses but I doubt it, and kosi did enough and good to show Lewis the competitiveness that will earn a game.

We were beaten up a bit first half, Howe for all his faults stepped the physicality up and was important in turning the tide

Think downie needs to wait unfortunately.

Only possible change I reckon is scrim back, Burgoyne bench/fwd with Ollie to miss. He would be stiff though because finally showing the competitiveness we’ve been wanting to see.

A good problem to have!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back