Preview Round 2, 2021: Hawthorn v Richmond, 28 March 2021, 1.10pm @ Melbourne Cricket Ground

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Howe out , Scrimshaw in . Kosi gets another game and I hope he gets to string 3-4 together at worst .

Martin would torch Howe for pace and explosive speed . Frost takes him if he drifts forward.
I want us to be physical with Martin , constant body contact , stick elbows in , if he is on the ground keep him there and get in his way.
Basic physical pressure stuff noone seems to want to do to him.

Let him and them know we are up for a fight .

Howe out , Scrimshaw in . Kosi gets another game and I hope he gets to string 3-4 together at worst .

Martin would torch Howe for pace and explosive speed . Frost takes him if he drifts forward.
I want us to be physical with Martin , constant body contact , stick elbows in , if he is on the ground keep him there and get in his way.
Basic physical pressure stuff noone seems to want to do to him.

Let him and them know we are up for a fight .
All you have to do is get physical with Martin and you win the battle! Look at what de boer did to stop dusty 2 years ago. Just kept getting under his skin and constant physical pressure. Shiels is good for this role.

I think the one moment Hanrahan would like to have again was not hand-passing over to Breust for an open goal but ignored him only to have a shot at goal and then miss; was costly and can't afford to that. Always give it over to the free man Hanrahan!

I reckon that handball would have been a bit tight and under pressure. Could have easily been blown. The best option was to take that short kick. The better option was to make the kick, of course.

Our best 22 looks unbalanced with 2 first rucks.
Can't agree with this mate. Watch from the 5 minute mark of the 3rd term when the two rucks started wearing down the drug cheats midfield.

We can do the same to Navis.

Also BB roamed the the HBL after rucking while Cegs made defenders defend at the same time.

In the end it was height that mattered.

Have to say I'm impressed with Draper from the drug cheats, boy gave everything, but we wore him down.

So often it is our assistant coaches taking our intel to other clubs. This week, we have McCrae’s intel on Richmond’s game plan. Hopefully helps us slow their ball movement and improve ours.

I completely forgot about this. Great point

I think the one moment Hanrahan would like to have again was not hand-passing over to Breust for an open goal but ignored him only to have a shot at goal and then miss; was costly and can't afford to that. Always give it over to the free man Hanrahan!
Not giving the handball was a bold decision, but it was the fact that he turned his back that was so terrible. He had been man-handled on the ground by his opponent a minute before, and he wanted to kick that goal over his head. To then go back and miss the lot was unforgivable.

-Scrimshaw & Wingard are automatics when fit.
-I hope we rotate the sub every week.

Scrimshaw will make that halfback line even better! Cj,Day,Scrim,Impey intercepting all day. Hopefully give Day say more time up the ground to compliment our midfield.

Downie should play this week it will compliment Morrison and Phillips who did a great job on the wings. A Penterating kick is required alot of the mids kick short or high loopy kicks.

This is going to be a real test. Hopefully with the confidence of the round 1 win and the knowledge that we were able to dominate them at times in our encounter last year (and ultimately get the win) that we can really take it up to them. They'd be foolish to think they're going to get the easy-beat Hawks from hub life 2020.

I reckon that handball would have been a bit tight and under pressure. Could have easily been blown. The best option was to take that short kick. The better option was to make the kick, of course.
Yep, agreed. The timing was just half a second wrong.

If Punky delayed the run past, it would have been a perfect connect for him to receive and stroll in.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tickets for this game on Tuesday will sellout for club members very quickly.

• Member Group 1: Tuesday 23 March, 1pm – Wednesday 24 March, 9am**
• Member Group 2: Tuesday 23 March, 3pm – Wednesday 24 March, 9am**
• Member Group 3: Tuesday 23 March, 5pm – Wednesday 24 March, 9am**

mate we couldn’t even sell out the 3000 or so tickets the club got for Saturday nights game. Tickets made it to General Public... How did that even happen?
covid scared members lol

Chad will miss this and the handbaggers game unfortunately. Sucks because with him in the side it gives us a great chance of being 3-0.

Howe has shown to be a really effective tagger. Always scragging, mouthing off. Need that against Martin I think, try something. Someone in the AFL needs to work it out.
De boer already has. Also made dusty get suspended he got under his skin that much! Howe seems pretty good for this.

I know this should be about Ollie, but ToB marking that kick on the line then kick it to Tom Philips for his first goal as a Hawk was really nice play. Good game awareness from everyone late in the 3rd quarter.

This weeks missions:
1:Win the game. Why not?
2: Don't go collectively missing for a period of time at any stage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back