Recommitted Shai Bolton [Re-signed to 2023]

Remove this Banner Ad

League high 6 centre clearances and 9 total clearances in round 1 to go along with:

25 possies, 14 contested
8 inside 50s
7 score involvements
554 metres gained
1 goal assist
1 goal

Still only 22, turns 23 in December.

But yeh he has s**t trade value....

And to think think this kids was basically free 2 years ago on the trade table.
Going to be a superstar.

He’s worth a top 10 pick. What is he not good at? He’s fast, runs all day, can kick goals, can cover 50 metres almost off a step, very accurate field kick, can win both contested and uncontested ball. All this and he’s only 22. He’s the perfect rover in today’s game

Good in the air too. For his size If he doesn't take a hanger often breaks even then wins it on the ground

Would be interesting to see who the Tiger posters would keep if they could only keep 1 of Balta and Bolton.
Just because of our lack of KPB depth, I would keep Balta. I love Bolton, I really do, but we have some very exciting kids coming through.

As much as I’d love him at the Pies because he’s a outright gun, realistically there is only one club in the running.

West Coast.

With a few guys like Hurn, Nic Nat, Kennedy etc coming to the end they will probably have cap space.

He’d absolutely kill it over there too. Whether or not they have the currency to get a deal done is another question.

Wouldn't have thought so. Unless they gave up Oscar Allen, which they won't.

He was never on the trade table. Was always a long term prospect.
He was never on the trade table , He was always a required player
only freo supporters though he was worth a late 3rd early 4th rounder
Remember him being resigned late into the trade period last time he had a contract after maybe being potentially shopped around

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remember him being resigned late into the trade period last time he had a contract after maybe being potentially shopped around
Really depends on your definition of being shopped around ?

If you mean by his manager then perhaps the same thing that happens with every kid thats any good after his 1st contract the managers see;s what interest there is at what price and tries to get a decent deal for his client.

If you mean by the club then thats just false , You draft a 'kid' who is one of the youngest to be drafted in his draft year at 62kgs and after 2 years and having an offer of an extension you dont shop him around.

He was only shopped around on BF by freo supporters thinking his value was a 4th rounder but every richmond supporter knew exactly the type of player we had and always said we wont trade him.

He was never on the trade table , He was always a required player
only freo supporters though he was worth a late 3rd early 4th rounder

Nah it wasn't just Dockers, I can remember some Carlton and West Coast supporters in particular claiming that he could be got with a third or fourth rounder or funnier still with just an exchange of third rounders. When you tried to correct them by pointing out how highly rated he was at Richmond (Dustin Martin for example stated that he was the most naturally talented player at the club) and how we'd never do that they'd just point to Sam Lloyd or Anthony Miles as if they were the template. 24 months later and now it's exactly the opposite ie 'yeah he's good but Richmond would be asking a lot for him'.

League high 6 centre clearances and 9 total clearances in round 1 to go along with:

25 possies, 14 contested
8 inside 50s
7 score involvements
554 metres gained
1 goal assist
1 goal

Still only 22, turns 23 in December.

But yeh he has sh*t trade value....
I was very surprised neither coach thought he was in the best 5 players.
If he can get near that level consistently throughout this year then it’s going to be extremely interesting to see how much clubs rate these dynamic players and the offers he will get.

I was very surprised neither coach thought he was in the best 5 players.
If he can get near that level consistently throughout this year then it’s going to be extremely interesting to see how much clubs rate these dynamic players and the offers he will get.

Yeh was weird actually, i think the guys who did get votes were deserving though

In a weak draft possibly, but in a strong draft which is what 2021 is shaping up to be, I doubt it..

The price Brisbane paid for Charlie Cameron (pick 12) seems about fair to me.

Seems happy at Tigerland, would be surprised if he left tbh.

Charlie is a small forward, a genuine mid aged 22 who is elite at clearances, elite speed and kicks goals is worth more alllll day.

fu** I would love him at Melbourne

I really can't believe how good a player he has developed into

I dont even think most Tigers supporters thought he could be this good as a starting centre square mid. Most had him as either small forward or winger.

I dont even think most Tigers supporters thought he could be this good as a starting centre square mid. Most had him as either small forward or winger.
he has good skills, pace, can kick goals and can win his own ball

Fantastic player who will only get better with the new rules

They all played really well but for me outside of Dusty I thought he probably had the biggest impact. I guess the coaches should know what they are trying to achieve/stop a lot better then me though.

I agree. Watching at the ground I thought Bolton was clearly Richmond’s second best player behind Martin. I liked Graham’s game but a lot of that work isn’t noticed and it’s hard to notice.

Midfielder Bolton is the exact type of player we need.

He was never shopped around by Richmond. A couple sides were interested in him when he was out of contract at the end of 2018. Shai himself was probably considering as well because he wasn't getting a regular game at the time Ralph Carr actually convinced him to stay.

As in 2ne best player /prospect I think. I dunno I have not watched it all yet.

The fact that he has Bolton so low means its loses all credibility

Remove this Banner Ad

Back