Autopsy Round 2, 2021 v Adelaide Crows

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is amazing. I think we all had a sense that our kids were good and that we were launching a solid rebuild, but this start is beyond the fantasies of even the most optimistic fans.

There would be supporters of other clubs who thought their list was better than ours as recently as two seasons ago. Teams like Carlton, St. Kilda, Essendon and Melbourne were all touted as top 8 teams approaching their peak at various stages over the last 24-36 months and yet I look at their lists and I wouldn’t want any other team but ours. Then you look at North who are miles off and they must be wondering when one of their rebuilds will be successful.

We already had Rowbottom, McInerney, Blakey, Stephens and even Florent to be excited about at different times last year but you add the emergence of Wicks and Warner, then throw in three first year players who are showing maturity, class and poise beyond their years and you can see why others are envious and why Longmire looked so calm at the recent presser. He must be loving the talent at his disposal.

Flags aren’t guaranteed. Nothing is. We’ve seen talented teams throughout history with nothing to show for it, but this group will give us our next best chance. I haven’t see a Sydney team this young and exciting during my 25 years as a supporter. Yes I’ve seen better teams with age and premierships, but not this young and this good.

This really is the new age as a Swans supporter. Anything could happen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On reflection, the score flattered the Crows. Without the umps help this would have been a shellacking. The Swans looked in another class.

Both weeks we’ve had leads of over 50 in the last quarter. Yeah it’s nice to win by 50-60 and go on with it but I’m choosing to look at the obvious positives. We’re putting teams away and taking a breather.

Some of those Adelaide goals were BS anyway.

Not so worried about West Coast as they have Oscar Allen and Darling so they are not desperate for key forwards. I am very worried about Fremantle though as they are desperate for key forwards and have been for a long time.
On the plus side, what key forward in his right mind would want to move to Freo?
Nice place, terrible club ...

How bizarre was it when Heeney was left to ruck the centre bounce!? Sort it out, guys!

BTW kudos to Adelaide. We had heaps less time and space than last week. Matty Nicks coming good.

Yep wish Nicks the best. Hopefully he coaches a few losing grand finals against us over the years.

This is amazing. I think we all had a sense that our kids were good and that we were launching a solid rebuild, but this start is beyond the fantasies of even the most optimistic fans.

There would be supporters of other clubs who thought their list was better than ours as recently as two seasons ago. Teams like Carlton, St. Kilda, Essendon and Melbourne were all touted as top 8 teams approaching their peak at various stages over the last 24-36 months and yet I look at their lists and I wouldn’t want any other team but ours. Then you look at North who are miles off and they must be wondering when one of their rebuilds will be successful.

We already had Rowbottom, McInerney, Blakey, Stephens and even Florent to be excited about at different times last year but you add the emergence of Wicks and Warner, then throw in three first year players who are showing maturity, class and poise beyond their years and you can see why others are envious and why Longmire looked so calm at the recent presser. He must be loving the talent at his disposal.

Flags aren’t guaranteed. Nothing is. We’ve seen talented teams throughout history with nothing to show for it, but this group will give us our next best chance. I haven’t see a Sydney team this young and exciting during my 25 years as a supporter. Yes I’ve seen better teams with age and premierships, but not this young and this good.

This really is the new age as a Swans supporter. Anything could happen.

You can add another ten years to that. It’s been 35 yrs and I haven’t seen anything like this. Either that or we have just played the bottom two sides in the comp in Bris and Adelaide

You can add another ten years to that. It’s been 35 yrs and I haven’t seen anything like this. Either that or we have just played the bottom two sides in the comp in Bris and Adelaide

No way are Brisbane and Adelaide bottom two. Have you seen North Melbourne and Essendon?

Midfield got murdered, Mills, Parker, and Kennedy do not work at the same time.

Blakey down a bit, maybe shove him in the middle for a bit? Need some speed there.

Blakey as a winger really needs the extra space that the SCG doesn’t provide. He will get plenty of space to work in this week.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Gee a lot was made of Adelaide being unlucky and having more scoring shots etc. but we missed some sitters and went in to 3QT 26 scoring shots to 20. We fell off after being about 10 goals up and the Crows peppered the goal as a result.

This wasn’t close. We’ve basically toyed with two teams in consecutive weeks.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The problem with Rampe is that he's a extremely good second string defender playing on KPFs that have a 10kg, 5-10cm advantage over him. Smarts and athleticism will only take you so far. These are guys that Grundy and Richards used to take. I see this more as a coaching/recruitment/match-up issue.

How much of a factor do you think it was yesterday having Don Pyke on board now? How much intel do former coaches of other teams bring to the table?
Longmire definitely shifted our game plan last year which was long overdue so that has to be acknowledged. Rumour is Pyke was targeted for match day tactics so he may be the fine tuning of the shift in tactics.

Longmire definitely shifted our game plan last year which was long overdue so that has to be acknowledged. Rumour is Pyke was targeted for match day tactics so he may be the fine tuning of the shift in tactics.
I guess I was referring more to his specific knowledge of Crows' modus operandi.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back