Past Coach NMFC Senior Coach - David Noble has parted ways with NMFC

Coaches of the past.

Remove this Banner Ad

Problem is that assumes our player development and injury management is good. It hasn't been for years.

I'm assuming that Noble will oversee a good player development process as he has been involved in previous.

The injury management I share your reservations and have seen nothing this year that suggests this has improved at all.

Another mid? FFS!

Our midfield doesn't bat as deep as you think.

We still have Cunnington and Polec in there who are 30 or close enough.
Jed is 27 , so will be past his peak in 2 years.

The midfield in reality is made up of 12 - 14 players match day.

In a strong team, Lazzaro/Stephenson are those high production half forward / mids that teams like Richmond have.

Build the midfield via the high end of the draft , then look at support for Larkey, Comben , Mckay via free agency or the second round in the draft.

Larkey was pick 70 remember , McKay 21, Comben 30.

Our midfield doesn't bat as deep as you think.

We still have Cunnington and Polec in there who are 30 or close enough.
Jed is 27 , so will be past his peak in 2 years.

The midfield in reality is made up of 12 - 14 players match day.

In a strong team, Lazzaro/Stephenson are those high production half forward / mids that teams like Richmond have.

Build the midfield via the high end of the draft , then look at support for Larkey, Comben , Mckay via free agency or the second round in the draft.

Larkey was pick 70 remember , McKay 21, Comben 30.

At the end of last season, when we decided to go the hard rebuild, our engine room consisted of Higgins (32) Cunnington (29), Anderson (26), Simpkin (22) and LDU (21). There was nothing else. Long term, which was our focus, you rule a line through Higgins and Cunnington. That left us with 1 solid soldier and 2 kids with potential.

Adding Phillips, Powell and Lazarro still leaves us skinny with actual ball winners. And your not winning games if you can't get your hands on the pill. I can't work out why this is so hard to understand.

At the end of last season, when we decided to go the hard rebuild, our engine room consisted of Higgins (32) Cunnington (29), Anderson (26), Simpkin (22) and LDU (21). There was nothing else. Long term, which was our focus, you rule a line through Higgins and Cunnington. That left us with 1 solid soldier and 2 kids with potential.

Adding Phillips, Powell and Lazarro still leaves us skinny with actual ball winners. And your not winning games if you can't get your hands on the pill. I can't work out why this is so hard to understand.

Correct. Another midfielder with our first pick this year is exactly what we need.

Cunnington (29), Anderson (26), Simpkin (22), LDU (21), Stephenson (21), Hayden (21), Phillips (18), Powell (18), Lazarro (18), Horne/Sinn/Sonsie (17) is starting to get to a place we need it to be.

Correct. Another midfielder with our first pick this year is exactly what we need.

Cunnington (29), Anderson (26), Simpkin (22), LDU (21), Stephenson (21), Hayden (21), Phillips (18), Powell (18), Lazarro (18), Horne/Sinn/Sonsie (17) is starting to get to a place we need it to be.

It's also not that we don't need a gun key forward - it's just we need a battalion of gun mids too.

If the next Nick Riewoldt floats into the 2021 draft maybe we'll have something to think about. At this stage sounds like we don't.

Mids vs forwards is like most things in life, requires balance.

We will in all likelihood take best available with our first pick.

I would really like to address the lack of KPF presence once we're picking on a needs basis.

I would really like to address the lack of KPF presence once we're picking on a needs basis.

Only a small sample size based on the 2 games so far but our priorities IMO are: gut running two way midfielders > creative ball distributers off half back (not necessarily fast/flashy type, but rather players that can bite off those dangerous kicks on the 45s) > dangerous small pressure fwds > then your KPF types

The GC game badly exposed our midfield & fwd line in regards to defensive pressure. Like, HORRIBLY exposed them and I want to see that addressed ASAP.

Only a small sample size based on the 2 games so far but our priorities IMO are: gut running two way midfielders > creative ball distributers off half back (not necessarily fast/flashy type, but rather players that can bite off those dangerous kicks on the 45s) > dangerous small pressure fwds > then your KPF types

The GC game badly exposed our midfield & fwd line in regards to defensive pressure. Like, HORRIBLY exposed them and I want to see that addressed ASAP.

They’ll get better at it when they build the endurance base to play at such a high intensity game. It’s flat out at the moment and with such a young team they just can’t sustain it- yet.

They’ll get better at it when they build the endurance base to play at such a high intensity game. It’s flat out at the moment and with such a young team they just can’t sustain it- yet.

Yeah. I guess it's more about separating the players that will be able to sustain it, from those that won't.

Now we could get extremely lucky and have all of our picks from recent & this year/next years draft come on, but the reality is it's very likely there will be some that will not remain on our list longer than a few years which is why building genuine midfield depth is so crucial.

2 x wingmen & 6-7 true mids is all a team needs.

Mids: Anderson, Davies-Uniake, Simpkin, Phillips, Powell
Possibles: Lazzaro, Mahony
Wingman: Polec, Dumont, Scott, Walker

If we pick up Kelly then we will be set for wingmen, and if not we will need another wingman for insurance and a maximum of 2 midfielders. With canny drafting & trading we can nab all 3 at the end of this season..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Turn it up!!!

I'll send your mobile pics if not careful ; )

Go ahead your too much of a pussy to do that ;) hahahaa

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Yeah because you'd know better right?

Plus our new corridor game plan has been obvious to anyone watching closely.

Dead set you are an absolute clown.

Choppy only says facts🤰🏽

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Remove this Banner Ad

Back