Autopsy Rd4 Roast & Toast vs Port Adelaide & Changes for St Kilda Rd5

Best vs Port Adelaide

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
We always pace ourselves, so 2-2 is glass half full for me...It was a fantastic effort (without Dion and K-Mac) and two debutants who shouldn’t be bagged...We’re not sure which Saints we’ll get, but we should beat any version...

Ross had 10 disposals

I think he’s a good kid with some talent but if he’s not in the guts getting 20 it’s a waste playing him.

Would have got more out of Rioli up forward allowing Edwards/Bolton to spend more time in the middle.

Given Prestia out we need to get maximum time out of Edwards/Bolton in the centre
I told everyone on here if Jack Ross comes in he won't be playing as a starting midfield & will have to play half forward but no one ever believes it.

Rightful side won score board flattered us port should of won by 40 lets be honest

Sick of the umpire saulking all the frees were there and full credit to them for manning up and paying them

Lots of work ahead loss next 4 then go bang to the flag

* off troll

When umps officiate that heavily the game is totally unbearable. Interpretation varies from week to week

Also what’s happened to Lynch. Can’t take a contested mark.
I’m going to be blunt, you want to know what’s happened to Lynch? He’s constantly got two or three men on him, his constantly scragged, held, blocked off the ball, his arms are constantly chopped and when he does manage to get a one on one we’re too slow to get the ball to him, that’s what’s happened to Lynch.

He also takes the back too much, he needs to do more to get front position on his defender(s). Part of it is his own fault, but a lot of it is also not his own fault.

Roast:
- We're 2-0 this year when we win the clearances, and 0-2 when we don't. Sort it out.
- Match committee looks to have got it wrong again.

Toast:
- ???
- I thought Mansell looked alright. Probably deserves another game imo.

Changes:
- IN: Macca, CCJ and Ralphsmith.
- OUT: Martyn, Aarts and ??? (one of Ross, Pickett or Baker)

Umps are employed by the AFL. AFL have openly made statements that they've changed the rules to bring us back to the pack. It is not a stretch to think that umps are at least unconsciously biased against us. We weren't good enough tonight to overcome this bias.

Mansell looked alright, Martyn has a bit to learn but in saying that Ross not much better IMO. Aarts mostly stinky except for that goal.

I think we can afford to carry a ruck/forward hopefully CCJ as Balta and Astbury are more needed down back. Unfortunately, Stack a long was off as I could find him a place in the team when he was in form.

RCD for Ross makes sense to me. Not sure about Martyn would give him a second on the basis it’s bad to drop first gamers adjusting to the game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lol Chol and Daniel will just get sh*t on all game and Jnr will be treated like Martyn and Mansell have been tonight because he’s not ready yet.
na ross was actually ok. he is in for prestia need to give him a run at it. Martyn goes out and maybe aarts as well for rioli and ralphsmith

Ross had 10 disposals

I think he’s a good kid with some talent but if he’s not in the guts getting 20 it’s a waste playing him.

Would have got more out of Rioli up forward allowing Edwards/Bolton to spend more time in the middle.

Given Prestia out we need to get maximum time out of Edwards/Bolton in the centre
Not sure why we keep on persisting with slow players on a wing

And of course their 1st gamer Jones dominates us for 3 quarters, its crap

Jones was awful. Don't know what game you or the commentators were watching. Every time he touched it we got the ball back.

See him back back into The hole in front of Dixon all night or not?

Sitting in the hole as the biggest guy in the vicinity? Thats not tough. Watch how many times he s**t himself under pressure, or failed to pick the ball up cleanly and missed tackles. Comes good in finals and plays well round 1 but already at the stage where the midfield is getting smashed as result of him not being able to jump.

you cant judge that from this game, it was tainted by sh*t umps
I’m judging it from all our games. Two unconvincing wins against two s**t sides, an absolute belting by a young side on our home deck and now tonight. It’s not going to get easier like last year.

The usuals were garbage - Graham, Broad, Pickett and George. Our debutants were also trash. Port had injuries but we essentially played with 20. Umpires were disgraceful.
Broad and Pickett probably tried the hardest out of all of them. Some poor disposals I admit, but without them we would have been humiliated. Both in top 5 for us IMHO

“They slayed the dragon” - jonathon brown

They just beat us full fu**en strength at home with 3 blatant cheating umpires

we missing Prestia, vlaustin, macca and played 2 kids that clearly weren’t quite ready for AFL

Absolutely no chance they beat us full strength in finals

jono. brown is a dumb campaigner

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back