Autopsy Rd4 Roast & Toast vs Port Adelaide & Changes for St Kilda Rd5

Best vs Port Adelaide

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Blatant cheating and a classic case study in inept/biased umpiring. While we’ve won flags the umpiring has perhaps been subordinated but it is becoming more and more difficult to watch any game in this competition. Even neutral supporters are commenting on the raw deals we’re getting, either the umpiring is flawed as we are continually on the wrong end of the free kick count or we have the dumbest players who don’t understand the rules.
Playing 2 debutantes was risky, both made many errors but experienced players also contributed with Pickett being especially fumbly and Lynch being wasteful. Do have one other burning question, how does Deboy look at himself in the mirror? Not the first time he has been woeful in Richmond games.

Just a few moments of polish short of coming up with the win.

Martyn and Aarts caught at key moments. Was great to have Houli back, he was pretty good I thought.

Can't see Aarts surviving another week, just doesn't offer enough and doesn't have a high football IQ. Will keep the others smalls honest because he's a hard worker and will have a good games in the VFL. But needs a few weeks out of the senior side.

anyone bring up his stats when umpiring our games. i swear 70+% of his frees go against us. he is a germ, and a corrupted official. no joke has to be investigated. its obvious he has some type of bias against us. not condoning this at all, but this is why umpire violence happens, because certain umpires like this fu**stain ruins it for other umps and gives genuine umps a bad image.
The 3 female umps Deboy, Ray and Helen all out of their depth.

At some stage the rules and the gray areas in umpiring needs to be seriously looked at.
Can you imagine a cricket world cup where a player takes a catch with his foot close to the rope and no-one questions whether the umpire calls it a six or a wicket?
I don't blame the umpires, but fu** me... it's a ridiculous game to be able to umpire consistently.
Dropping the ball, holding the man, or just "play on" is anyone's guess - but the home crowds boos and jeers hold sway.
Did we actually give away 3 50m penalties tonight? Not one of those did I see why. Wasn't any dirty hits or time wasting or petty sh*t that deserves them.

However, I'm getting used to the fact that we need to be a 5 goal better team than the opposition, which we usually are. That allows a fair margin for dodgy umpiring decisions.

But we shouldn't have to. If you're going to miss half of the holding, handful of jumper, nudge in the backs... then JUST REMOVE IT FROM THE fu**IN RULES!!
Teams will always scrag and hold off the ball if there's a fair chance you won't get penalised.
When Tiger's supporters are feeling sympathy for the Bombers then you know something is seriously wrong with the rules.
And when players, coaches and commentators are sanctioned from criticising umpires then it is fairly obvious that umpires deserve criticism ( not their fault, impossible game to get every decision correct)

Getting to the stage where we all need to consistently hammer it on talk back radio, etc, so the AFL and media can't just bury their head in the sand.
There were a few posters who have suggested that inconsistent umpiring is the reason they'll stop watching.
For me, I don't care about the congestion, stoppages, etc, that the latest rules are helping eliminate. The biggest blight is just completely ignored.
Nailed it 💯

you cant judge that from this game, it was tainted by sh*t umps
It also felt like there was a s**t load of pressure from both sides in that game, no team is going to play perfect football in that sort of environment.

2 raw and unready debutants
Lynch playing like s**t (should be in the VFL next week)
Got butt reamed by the umpires

There isn't enough criticism of the umpiring in the media. For a national sport, it's a disgrace how lop sided the decision making is. Time to throw out the rule book and rewrite a simpler one.

What I think is that they should stop paying free kicks to 50/50 acts because they tend do what they did today - pay frees for one club that they don’t for the other club (due to noise affirmation which by the way we don’t really get playing in Melbourne).

The best umpired games are those in which you do not notice the umpiring in my opinion and that’s usually the games where they only focus on paying the obvious ones. It stamps out paying free kicks due to bias/noise affirmation

How in the world does the AFL expect an umpire to make correct split decisions on what look like 50/50 infringements? They don’t have a high definition screen and a 360-degree view of contests so of course they are just going to rely on what the crowd is yelling out if they aren’t 100% on the decision.

The AFL should stamp out paying 50/50 infringements. If there is insufficient evidence or it is open to interpretation, then just don’t pay it.

This. Also stops the bullshit high free kicks like the Butters opening goal that are technically high but aren't taking the players head off and the player with the ball is playing for.

Port went flat out against a severely undermanned Richmond and managed to scrape out a 2 point win. We're setting ourselves up nicely for a real crack when the whips are cracking in September.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Every ruckman in the league sit under the high ball. It does not take courage. Courage is coming across the path the path of Dixon who is running at full pelt, not when the defensive 50 is flooded with players.
Maybe spend abit a bit of time and actually watch what Nank does,don't know if you miss what he does or just oblivious.But regardless Nank isn't our main concern.

2 raw and unready debutants
Lynch playing like sh*t (should be in the VFL next week)
Got butt reamed by the umpires

There isn't enough criticism of the umpiring in the media. For a national sport, it's a disgrace how lop sided the decision making is. Time to throw out the rule book and rewrite a simpler one.
Won’t happen, they aren’t scrutinised, a player puts a dollar bet on and gets rubbed out umpires get a free pass

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back