Autopsy Rd4 Roast & Toast vs Port Adelaide & Changes for St Kilda Rd5

Best vs Port Adelaide

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

On the plus side, you blokes should try the Billson's Vodka premix cans. The Portello and Sarsaparilla are fantastic!

Did we actually give away 3 50m penalties tonight? Not one of those did I see why. Wasn't any dirty hits or time wasting or petty sh*t that deserves them.

Exactly.

I get paying 50m if a player kicks the ball away or if an encroachment on the protected area prevents a team from playing on quickly, but most of the 50s I see these days are almost totally inexplicable.

The new "stand" rule is a case in point. I've seen guys given three or four warnings from an umpire, calling them back on the mark, whilst others run over the mark as part of what seems to me the normal follow through from running to the contest and immediately get pinged.

And then there's 50m for encroachment the umpiring of which seems to me totally inconsistent. Tonight we got pinged because one of our players ran through the protected space when he was actually running AWAY from the player with the ball. A few days ago I saw an umpire let a guy off when he ran within a metre (literally) of the player with the ball and when players appealed for 50m the umpire actually DEFENDED the player who encroached.

I always thought that 50m should be payed for something serious -- like blatant attempts to delay play or getting physical with an oppo player after a mark/free has been payed. It seems like they're being payed more often for minor technical violations.

Basically, a 50m should be payed to punish actions which have some serious impact on the game. As it turns out, the 50m penalties are having far more impact on games than the infringements ever could.

I'm at the stage where I think the 50m penalty is a blight on the game.

On the plus side, you blokes should try the Billson's Vodka premix cans. The Portello and Sarsaparilla are fantastic!
Overpriced asf, one standard drink each can. Better off getting your own voddy and mixing it with whatever you want

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We also got one similar in the 2nd to Jack.

I don’t mind getting cheapies from oppo mistakes ... it’s the ones you concede in a 2 point loss that really hurt

I thought karma bus and he kneed himself in the head. But I'm hearing something about a knee? In which case I wish nothing too bad on anyone.

I thought concussion initially, but he limped off so then thought knee.

Then I saw the replay of the tackle and it was a really nasty movement -- I think he did a knee when the tackler fell on his leg AND his head hit the turf when he came down.

So both the head and the knee.

Hope he's okay. Like you, I never wish bad on anybody. Never good to see an injury on the footy field.

Tomnat Tigers did Nank ran over your cat or something? You been hating on the guy for years lol

He is just incredibly average for 70% of the season. A genuine plodder for the most part, then come finals time he lifts or in fourth quarters he lifts but the moment he is off his game just a little, I think we carry him big time.

In general I think ruckman mean very little come crunch time and the type of ruckman Nank is probably more valuable in those big moments but give me a first use Soldo type any day at this point in the season.

I give him credit when he is deserving of it and call him out when he is one of our worst performers like he was today and last week. Nothing more to it.

Much better performance.

Some of our players held onto the ball for an eternity at times and got caught.

Martyn can be forgiven but Pickett has played enough games now but still holds onto it far too long, but he was magnificent without the ball, tackling etc.
Yep.
I'm sick of casual Pickett.
He can join Lynch & aarts at the vfl opener next week

I thought concussion initially, but he limped off so then thought knee.

Then I saw the replay of the tackle and it was a really nasty movement -- I think he did a knee when the tackler fell on his leg AND his head hit the turf when he came down.

So both the head and the knee.

Hope he's okay. Like you, I never wish bad on anybody. Never good to see an injury on the footy field.
* that grub I hope he misses the whole season.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back