Preview 2021 Rd 5 - Richmond vs St Kilda at Docklands Thursday 15/4 7.20pm AEST - Conspiracies, Comparisons and the Moorabbin Rasputitsa

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any chance Maurice Jr will be a late in for Aarts ? There's going to be huge/over the top media interest when he debuts so I wonder if he's going to sneak in this week to take that pressure off ?

Personally I think they will be very conservative with him but I wonder how they are going to play it when he does debut. You dont want to wrap him in cotton wool but you sense they're protective of him also.

I suspect he's been named as an emergency as a confidence boost having done everything they've asked so far and also to give Aarts something to think about. Must be last chance hotel formwise for him. There doesn't seem to be any chemistry between Daniel and Aartsy.

Like almost everyone else I'm looking forward to the possibility of both Riolis running around in our forward line.

Yes, double Riolis.
I think the same but reckon they may do it with Ralphsmith.

Butler & Higgins > Aarts
We f*ed up there

Not really. Higgins did not want to repay the clubs faith it had invested in him by working to make the small forward role his. He wanted what Higgins wanted basically. Maybe knowing Maurice was coming down and seeing his highlights he just turned tail and took the easy out. Aarts is basically just keeping Maurice spot warm while he develops.

Now with Butler, I actually know him quite well, love the bloke BUT he cant defend and is exposed when you play through his man. So it made sense when we allowed him to explore his options. If he had no takers I am sure we would have retained him as he is an offensive weapon but come the heat of finals you need weapons that also are accountable to there opponents.

Now Buts is at a club that allows him to play his way, and im stoked for him but that does not make the decision wrong.

Didn’t even play as a Mid. Didn’t you watch the game.
You must've been watching a different game to me.

Go back and watch the first bounce and you'll find number 5 at the centre of your screen.

Dimma was interviewed at half time and he said that the young mids weren't performing in the middle so he put Edwards into the middle and moved Ross to the wing.

The only reason Ross didn't play in the midfield in the second half was because he couldn't find the ball in the first half.

Yeah we've had our traditional slow start to the year but all I want to see us do is hit a f......target on the lead going into forward 50. That would be a nice change than the usual dump it f.....hack and hope kick on Jack and Tom's heads. I'm gonna melt if we play dumb footy tomorrow night.😜

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not really. Higgins did not want to repay the clubs faith it had invested in him by working to make the small forward role his. He wanted what Higgins wanted basically. Maybe knowing Maurice was coming down and seeing his highlights he just turned tail and took the easy out. Aarts is basically just keeping Maurice spot warm while he develops.

Now with Butler, I actually know him quite well, love the bloke BUT he cant defend and is exposed when you play through his man. So it made sense when we allowed him to explore his options. If he had no takers I am sure we would have retained him as he is an offensive weapon but come the heat of finals you need weapons that also are accountable to there opponents.

Now Buts is at a club that allows him to play his way, and im stoked for him but that does not make the decision wrong.
Spot on Tiger71. By the way, really enjoyed this week's Tigercast with your goodself, CB and Michaels. 😁👍

Jones and Marshall are likely out injured for the St Kilda Saints.
Hadn't seen much of Marshall play but Jones would play off the half back flank, tried to stifle opposition teams.
Jones attended the 2nd-most centre bounces for us after Steele last year, and last week he had a game-high 10 clearances, and 12 contested possessions. So if he plays he’ll almost certainly be playing in the guts.

We don't tag however we need to play close attention to Steele. I think Graham gets first crack at him. Jones wins a lot of contested ball and clearances but his disposal can be very iffy. I feel Cotch and Dusty need to have good games tomorrow night for us to win.

You must've been watching a different game to me.

Go back and watch the first bounce and you'll find number 5 at the centre of your screen.

Dimma was interviewed at half time and he said that the young mids weren't performing in the middle so he put Edwards into the middle and moved Ross to the wing.

The only reason Ross didn't play in the midfield in the second half was because he couldn't find the ball in the first half.
All is say is you have to give kids more of a chance to pick it up at the higher level.
No argument on the amount of ball but his disposal was tidy which is key imho.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back