Preview Changes: R5 2021 vs Fremantle

Remove this Banner Ad

Kelly to play on one leg matched against Rory Lobb?

Just because we are winning doesn't mean an unchanged line up is the way to go. Are we giving out golden tickets already just because we are winning. Surely there are players in the sanfl we need games into. Our list and 22 don't command unchanged selections.

On SM-N981B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Bit unfair on Hately for his first game in Crows colors to be in the sub vest

I thought Nicks wouldn't do something like that

He already did the same thing with Hinge.

Rory Lobb is only a mere 17cm taller than Jake Kelly so if he was fit I'm sure Kelly would be the best matchup
I know I was certainly thinking they didn’t need another tall defender when Butts was playing on Larkey and Goldstein was out reaching his 189cm opponent and taking marks in the forward 50 last week

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I know I was certainly thinking they didn’t need another tall defender when Butts was playing on Larkey and Goldstein was out reaching his 189cm opponent and taking marks in the forward 50 last week

It also makes sense not to bring in another proper tall defender because Rory Lobb is known to be an excellent contested mark and one thing that makes you worse in that area is when you have a massive height discrepancy against your opponent

How do you put in 3 quarters against North like that and everyone keeps their spot?
Might have something to do with there only being one or two players really pushing for selection from the sanfl games?..

worrell deserved a call up this week.. but he went backwards in todays sanfl game.. had a shocker the poor lad.. hopefully he bounces back quickly and, if they have a spot open up for him next week, they look at his body of work over the past few weeks not just his last game when deciding..

You know what I was thinking after watching the first three quarters against North Melbourne last week?

That the answer to such a terrible display of football is backing the boys in to respond

It's the continuity imperative at play. Must maintain continuity at all costs. Playing injured and out of form and even totally talentless is the outcome.

Today is the perfect example of why Worrell should of been picked on form in the last week or two. Has a stinker today in a very very poor side so here we are having to start the whole cycle over again, build form in the SANFL, wait for an injury...

We can’t be waiting for the “perfect” opportunity to blood young talent, because there’s every chance that opportunity won’t present itself.

Matthew Nicks:

Screen-Shot-2016-05-04-at-10.13.33-AM.png

Today is the perfect example of why Worrell should of been picked on form in the last week or two. Has a stinker today in a very very poor side so here we are having to start the whole cycle over again, build form in the SANFL, wait for an injury...

We can’t be waiting for the “perfect” opportunity to blood young talent, because there’s every chance that opportunity won’t present itself.

We don't look for opportunities to blood young talent. It's not in our DNA.

Forced changes is the ONLY way they get in the side.

We don't look for opportunities to blood young talent. It's not in our DNA.

Forced changes is the ONLY way they get in the side.
I did mention a couple of weeks ago that we weren't actually blooding that much youth.

We have been playing close to the absolute bare minimum number of young players we can with who is fit, and the maximum amount of experience

Remove this Banner Ad

Back