Coach Support a Carlton coach for once?

Remove this Banner Ad

Casboult's knee is shot mate - he is playing on pure heart - because we literally have no other talls to call on.
We literally don't need him. Anyone can cover his role and anyone would provide more output.
I've been defending him for years, but so far this year, he is practically giving us nothing.
Play a smaller line up for a while and see how that goes. Use a combo of players like Gov, Harry and Jones to take turns giving Pitto a rest. They would only need to attend 4-5 ruck contests each and get 1-2 hitouts each to be equalling Levi's output.

I can't see how you expect Teague to succeed (like a parrot without a beak) when you surround him with incompetent buffoons
If he didn't want to be surrounded by incompetent people he probably shouldn't have agreed to coach Carlton.

If he didn't want to be surrounded by incompetent people he probably shouldn't have agreed to coach Carlton.
Maybe the club should have supported him and chased after top quality assistant coaches and got him a decent senior assistant coach.

He has to take some of the responsibility.

Bringing Levi in for Plowman?
Completely unsustainable game plan?

The blame for that can't go to the underlings.
What... you think he’s the only person who selects a side?

I'd be pretty certain on a decision like that, he'd have final say.
If it's not him, then somebody else should be sacked.
Other people on the match selection panel maybe? I believe there issues and agendas within the support staff of our football department, coaches, selectors... you know... the people behind the scenes. There is someone or a number of someone’s with an agenda that doesn’t seem to fit with the direction the club wants to go. We need a football department clean out. Sooner rather than later.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Other people on the match selection panel maybe? I believe there issues and agendas within the support staff of our football department, coaches, selectors... you know... the people behind the scenes. There is someone or a number of someone’s with an agenda that doesn’t seem to fit with the direction the club wants to go. We need a football department clean out. Sooner rather than later.
Sure.
But it’s Teague’s head on the block. Whatever anyone else’s agenda, the head coach can surely put their foot down on a suggestion to play 3 ruckmen.

Maybe the club should have supported him and chased after top quality assistant coaches and got him a decent senior assistant coach.
Story out of the club was that the coaching group, is Teagues choice.

If it is the clubs fault, thats fine. So who is accountable for that then? Liddle, Lloyd?

Time for this club to become accountable for mediocrity we keep putting out there.

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk

Story out of the club was that the coaching group, is Teagues choice.

If it is the clubs fault, thats fine. So who is accountable for that then? Liddle, Lloyd?

Time for this club to become accountable for mediocrity we keep putting out there.

As far as I’m concerned, Lloyd is the football operations manager, it’s his job to report to Liddle who then takes the report to the board. The board should make decisions based on that report and give Liddle his orders. It’s then up to Liddle to coordinate with Lloyd to make changes to the football department.

I don’t think that the board is getting the full message, or they’ve concentrating on the long term issue of clearing our historical debt, that they have put the football department on hold for 12 months so we didn’t replace old debt with new debt. I have heard we’re addressing the football department come the end of the year.

As far as I’m concerned, Lloyd is the football operations manager, it’s his job to report to Liddle who then takes the report to the board. The board should make decisions based on that report and give Liddle his orders. It’s then up to Liddle to coordinate with Lloyd to make changes to the football department.

I don’t think that the board is getting the full message, or they’ve concentrating on the long term issue of clearing our historical debt, that they have put the football department on hold for 12 months so we didn’t replace old debt with new debt. I have heard we’re addressing the football department come the end of the year.
Why not stay in debt for one more year and address the football department which will result in more wins and better performances on field … nah that wouldn’t make any sense …

Why not stay in debt for one more year and address the football department which will result in more wins and better performances on field … nah that wouldn’t make any sense …
IKR... I was expecting the announcement from the club that they were doing a coaching team shake up, next minute... we‘re announcing we’re debt free. Now I’m down with the club finally being debt free again, but yeah... the football department.

Would have thought that the Head Of Football should report directly to the board.

Would have thought that the Head Of Football should report directly to the board.
No... the CEO is the titular head of the club. The president and the board make the decisions for long term strategic financial issues. They only want to know about short term strategic stuff when it looks like it’s going to impinge on the long term stuff. The CEO is there to separate the wheat from the chaff before going to the board with reports.

I think this is part of the Judd issue.

Holds the role of Director of Football on the board, he is the conduit between board and employed football people.

He clearly has failed in his duties in ensuring standards of accountability and high performance are set, over his tenure of first overseeing Bolton and now Teague eras.

Seemed pretty miffed when challenged in 2019 on his role and involvement in the footy club itself. Could be a watershed moment for us.

Maybe his successor, will provide more ruthlessness to ensure we succeed.

As I said In pre game post going into a game with 3 players, 2 meters +, we would be as slow as a wet week, and we got over run .
Gratefully the Swans didn’t give us a thumping.
The match selection committee is a real conundrum, disconnect and a real concern.
I’d lose some tall timber against the Eagles perhaps Casboult? along with Cotts and Gibbo.
Rotate Dow ,Kennedy and SPS in the engine room and see what they can do.

Add to that, more wins, better performances and a rise up the ladder, typically equates to greater membership and merchandise sales, leading to improved revenue and profit generation.... that guess what, helps pay down the debt.

Rather see that, than the free membership strategy

As I said In pre game post going into a game with 3 players, 2 meters + we’re as slow as a wet week and steamrolled.
Gratefully the Swans didn’t give us a thumping, our match selection committee is a real conundrum, disconnect and a concern.
I’d lose some tall timber against the Eagles perhaps Casboult? along with Cotts and Gibbo.
Rotate Dow ,Kennedy and SPS in the engine room and see what they can do.
I count 4 players 2m+.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back