Fixture Fixture announcements

Remove this Banner Ad

Just looking into going to the Port game in Adelaide on 15th of May. Really unsure how it all works in this year of uncertainties. With tickets not released until so late it doesn’t give you much time to sort the flights and accommodation. Is anybody else looking at going to this one...and what plans are you making?

Just looking into going to the Port game in Adelaide on 15th of May. Really unsure how it all works in this year of uncertainties. With tickets not released until so late it doesn’t give you much time to sort the flights and accommodation. Is anybody else looking at going to this one...and what plans are you making?
I was until my wife pointed out my youngest turns 2 that weekend ...

I booked flights on Thursday. I'll book accommodation once I secure tickets.

I booked flights on Thursday. I'll book accommodation once I secure tickets.
Is there a chance of missing out on tickets?

I have a Premiership Gold membership but I don’t think that counts for anything when it comes to away games outside Melbourne. I’m guessing I have to wait for General Admission.

I have a Premiership Gold membership but I don’t think that counts for anything when it comes to away games outside Melbourne. I’m guessing I have to wait for General Admission.
I guess, but I reckon I'll be OK.

I’m booked to come to Melbourne for the swans game in round 17. Hoping the scheduling will remain the same.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’ve been to Radelaide Oval 3 times & my memberships (club & AFL) haven’t come into play at all.
I’ve always ended up grabbing reserved seats (at full price)
I think most of the seats behind the goals at the scoreboard end (in front of the hill) used to be GA on a first in, best dressed scenario but with COVID I would imagine they’d have to be reserved nowadays.

Looking at the fixture I reckon our round 11 game against Melbourne will be a Friday night game and it's our home game.
Yep, given both of us play Saturday in Rd 10, reckon AFL had an eye to Rd 11 already. I'll be shocked if it's not tbh.

Predictions
Dogs v Dees Friday 7.50

Richmond v Crows Saturday 1.45
Sydney v Carlton Saturday 2.10
Port v Freo Saturday 4.35
West Coast v Essendon Saturday 7.25
Suns v Hawks Saturday 7.40

Lions v Giants Sunday 1.10
Pies v Cats Sunday 3.20
Saints v North Sunday 4.40

Yep, given both of us play Saturday in Rd 10, reckon AFL had an eye to Rd 11 already. I'll be shocked if it's not tbh.

Predictions
Dogs v Dees Friday 7.50

Richmond v Crows Saturday 1.45
Sydney v Carlton Saturday 2.10
Port v Freo Saturday 4.35
West Coast v Essendon Saturday 7.25
Suns v Hawks Saturday 7.40

Lions v Giants Sunday 1.10
Pies v Cats Sunday 3.20
Saints v North Sunday 4.40
Well I got three games right, including ours...
ROUND 11
Friday, May 28

Western Bulldogs v Melbourne, Marvel Stadium, 7.50pm AEST

Saturday, May 29
Collingwood v Geelong, MCG, 1.45pm AEST
Brisbane v Greater Western Sydney, Gabba, 2.10pm AEST
St Kilda v North Melbourne, Marvel Stadium, 4.35pm AEST
Gold Coast v Hawthorn, TIO Stadium, 7.10pm ACST
West Coast v Essendon, Optus Stadium, 5.40pm AWST

Sunday, May 30
Richmond v Adelaide, MCG, 1.10pm AEST
Sydney v Carlton, SCG, 3.20pm AEST
Port Adelaide v Fremantle, Adelaide Oval, 4.10pm ACST

ROUND 12
Friday, June 4

Melbourne v Brisbane, TIO Traeger Park, 7.20pm ACST

Saturday, June 5
St Kilda v Sydney, Marvel Stadium, 1.45pm AEST
Adelaide v Collingwood, Adelaide Oval, 4.05pm ACST
Essendon v Richmond, MCG, 7.25pm AEST

Sunday, June 6
Carlton v West Coast, MCG, 3.20pm AEST
Fremantle v Western Bulldogs, Optus Stadium, 4.40pm AWST

Finally a home Friday night game!

I really like the rolling fixture. Much higher probability of showcase games in the prime time slots. I think the balance would be to announce 6 weeks in advance so supporters can arrange travel plans if need be.

Finally a home Friday night game!

I really like the rolling fixture. Much higher probability of showcase games in the prime time slots. I think the balance would be to announce 6 weeks in advance so supporters can arrange travel plans if need be.
Yep, but no chance it happens. Plenty can happen in a day, let alone 6 weeks. I think so long as the run of success continues with no games having to be swapped (outside Pies/Lions), supporters at least know the weekend games will be scheduled for the rest of the season. Within a day or two is pretty good and fans can book free cancellation accomm easily enough and just cancel if the game falls in a timeslot that doesn't work.

Yep, but no chance it happens. Plenty can happen in a day, let alone 6 weeks. I think so long as the run of success continues with no games having to be swapped (outside Pies/Lions), supporters at least know the weekend games will be scheduled for the rest of the season. Within a day or two is pretty good and fans can book free cancellation accomm easily enough and just cancel if the game falls in a timeslot that doesn't work.
I was more talking about long term. In previous years we've had some rubbish games because teams weren't as good as they were expected to be. When everything settles down, I think 6 weeks is a good balance.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back