2nds Port Adelaide vs WWT Eagles - Round 5 @ Alberton

Remove this Banner Ad

11.6 v 4.1 at half time. So we kicked 7.4 v 1.0.

As good a quarter Ive seen the Maggies play since reunification in 2014. Slick ball use, with very little fumbling, errors or turnovers.

A few players out there want to play AFL footy.

Why do they even bother with these ads? Surely they get fu** all money for them? I’m not convinced that these businesses are paying anything for them.. probably just a side addition bonus for other ads / promos / sponsorship?

totally ruins a product that they’ve already got customers paying for.. and I imagine many would be happy to not renew because of it. Such dumb business
It's bizarre. I'm no marketer, but surely the strategy with ads is that you actually build an audience before putting ads into a product. What's the point of advertising to the 15 people watching the stream? I doubt there's any significant benefit to the advertiser (and therefore no revenue for the sanfl) and all you end up with is a shitty product for the people who actually are attached.

The way they show the ads is also dreadful and tacky, it looks like s**t and is always cutting of the commentators.

Great half, because of Sam Hayes dominance at sanfl level we are going to be close in every game but that causes another issue, he is way to good to be allowed to rot in the lower leagues this guy would be getting a game in 10 other teams every week. Taj has been growing from game to game just has the ability to rack up the pill and makes things happen special talent reminds me of a number 10 in soccer. Special mentions McKenzie Lienert Edwards Farrell and Rockliff.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

11.6 v 4.1 at half time. So we kicked 7.4 v 1.0.

As good a quarter Ive seen the Maggies play since reunification in 2014. Slick ball use, with very little fumbling, errors or turnovers.

A few players out there want to play AFL footy.
We were kicking some huge scores early 2014 (eg 29 goals v Glenelg), but obviously difficult to reach that level again with our current recruiting restrictions.

Such an epic quarter.

Williams really starting to come along nicely, not in the goals that quarter, but playing a lead up role at half forward beautifully.

Schofield just looks the part out there. If he stays fit this year, and gets in a good preseason he should be knocking on the door of AFL selection.

Farrell playing one of his best Magpie games ever, and finding as much of it as he ever has.

Bonner is straight back in, he's an AFL level winger now. Needs to just take that Amon like step.

Ladhams really dominant. Would like to see a goal or 2 though, most of his good stuff is through him running around on ball.

The defence started it all though when they stopped the Eagles momentum in the first. Garner, Lienert and McKenzie are a seriously elite SANFL backline.

Edwards the huge beneficiary of some elite ball use and forward movement that term, but also just played a great qtr for a fwd.

From what I've seen so far this season Edwards has had two really good games with not much in between where as Surman has been more consistent but with a lower ceiling. Leaning to Edwards if he can develop some consistency.

Big question marks over Dylan Williams mainly pace and defensive pressure, but this kid has something that you need football IQ and goal kicking nous. He has the potential to be a goal kicking freak in the afl very Stephen Milne like in the way he goes about it but like Milne will do nothing but kick goals.

Pretty good half and excellent 2nd Qtr.

great to see us put a big score up, which we don’t get to see that often..

Rocky with 20d and 6 clrs to half time is great (I reckon they’ve stuffed up there. He had 6 clrs and 3 tackles when I checked early on and I watched him get at least 1 more clr and 1 more tackle. He’s definitely had way more than 3 tackles)

ladhams and Hayes absolutely demolished the eagles in ruck and around the ground. Ladhams doing some nice work in the ruck and took a couple of grabs.

Farrell has been really good. 15d in a half and some killer touches.

Williams just impacts when he gets hit but drifted out.

Schofield with some nice play. Professional receiver around packs looking for the hand pass.

bonner hasn’t been as sharp as the preseason but lots to like.

mckenzie owned the backline.

Lienert continued his excellent season. So dependable.

Garner really getting under stengles skin and reduced him to a whiny baby who has a mental breakdown whenever Garner breathes on him.

Such an epic quarter.

Williams really starting to come along nicely, not in the goals that quarter, but playing a lead up role at half forward beautifully.

Schofield just looks the part out there. If he stays fit this year, and gets in a good preseason he should be knocking on the door of AFL selection.

Farrell playing one of his best Magpie games ever, and finding as much of it as he ever has.

Bonner is straight back in, he's an AFL level winger now. Needs to just take that Amon like step.

Ladhams really dominant. Would like to see a goal or 2 though, most of his good stuff is through him running around on ball.

The defence started it all though when they stopped the Eagles momentum in the first. Garner, Lienert and McKenzie are a seriously elite SANFL backline.

Edwards the huge beneficiary of some elite ball use and forward movement that term, but also just played a great qtr for a fwd.

When Ladhams is on he's like having an extra midfielder, slick hands and 'thinks'

From what I've seen so far this season Edwards has had two really good games with not much in between where as Surman has been more consistent but with a lower ceiling. Leaning to Edwards if he can develop some consistency.
Surman is your ruck/chf, a big crashing body that can take a pack grab. Edwards is your lead up full forward type, and relies on good ball use.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back