Review Dogs 96 def Power 77 - Rd 9, 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Did anyone else notice Sweet talking back to the crowd when taking his shot in Q4?

I’d love to know what he said!

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

As the offical NewsCorp lip reader at Prince Phillips funeral.

I can tell you exactly what he said "Im glad I don't have to live here anymore."

Not sure if there was a reason last night but for the first time I noticed Treloar shirk a couple of contested situations. He did cop a lot of attention early, some of it should have been called by the umps too...might have rattled him a bit perhaps. Don't get me wrong love his overall contribution since joining us.
I commented similar, in that he sagged off a few contested situations preparing to tackle, rather than just go get the ball. Not a straight up shirk, but he was second guessing himself a few times, might be sore, or rattled.

Libba and Bont were superb. Keath is so important to this team. Cordy played his best game for a long time. Needs to be guaranteed a few more now. Prior to last night I had Gardner ahead of him but now I am not too sure. He was very good and if he could continue with that form is ahead of Gardner. I am hoping Bevo makes Gardner earn his spot in the vfl. He is not a Bailey so needs to regain touch before be gifted a game.

Libba has to get an AA jacket if he keeps up this form surely. For us I'd have Bont, Libba and Dale as our AA players. Probably Macrae too but it feels greedy to have 3 of the AA midfield.
Is Naughton a chance for the squad? Averaging over 2 goals a game and is second for contested marks in the league.

there was a LONG time where I was seething at the competition’s inability to acknowledge that Richmond had figured out footy.

by this I mean, foot speed and tackling in the front half IS modern defence. Since our flashy 2019 team lost in the final we have added so much of what is necessary to win in 2021. Scott, McNeil, Laith, Hannan, Cody

many of them came cheap which is even better

Tonight’s game was wonderful

Baz had a huge third quarter. His most impactful for a while

Bont just controls everything. I don’t think these dogs get a Charlie due to the vote stealing but he’s giving me hope

how annoying would It be trying to pressure us when Caleb Daniel has the best touch in the AFL and has just set up our offence before you could touch him. Dale and Williams amazing supports.

all of our backs were hard and disciplined when they had to be. Some excellent tackling

JJ has strung together a couple weeks playing his role very well

naughton and Bruce are a tough duo to stop. It’ll be harder when the chilli returns

I’m not mentioning many that were amazing but that’s what you get when your whole team plays so well

To concede 10 minutes of absolute irrepressible, Hollywood, avalanche footy from Port with their crowd going wild and then be able to settle Just has to make us all so proud

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It’s always interesting having a look on the oppositions board after a game. They are pretty filthy at the umpires. Bont’s ‘in the back’ from Bergman and Naughton’s one where his head hit the ground are the two main ones. Both 50/50 in my book.

They also want to sack Hinkley and get rid of Dixon / Ladhams / Marshall. It’s real doom and gloom stuff over there

I commented similar, in that he sagged off a few contested situations preparing to tackle, rather than just go get the ball. Not a straight up shirk, but he was second guessing himself a few times, might be sore, or rattled.
It was Adz that had the head knock with the Port player wasn't it? Thought he was a bit tentative after that, probably just a normal human reaction to that.

It’s always interesting having a look on the oppositions board after a game. They are pretty filthy at the umpires. Bont’s ‘in the back’ from Bergman and Naughton’s one where his head hit the ground are the two main ones. Both 50/50 in my book.

They also want to sack Hinkley and get rid of Dixon / Ladhams / Marshall. It’s real doom and gloom stuff over there
The Naughton one was terrible. I’d have lost my s**t at the game if roles were reversed.

I don’t like Ken Hinkley, seems a real grumpy piece of sh*t. Enjoy bearing Port as a result, despite not hating their squad at all. That’s a good win against a strong team on their deck.

I'd be grumpy too if that was my club's officially issued shirt

1621123402662.png

Ports 'Never tear us apart' entry to the ground is still the dopiest ******* football related thing I've ever seen.

And thats saying something, given Im old enough to remember the batmobile at the 1991 grand final.

I guess its great for scarf sales tho...
I find it cringe. At first I thought it was a cool idea but it’s done. I can have a real party pooper mentality but I’m embarrassed for everyone who’s doing the scarf thing.

I think it’s the lack of originality that makes it unbecoming.

It was one of the most even umpiring games you will see. Both teams with little things to grizzle about but it was evenly officiated.

sometimes the umps held their whistle, but sometimes they over umpired a little, but overall they got it right

I find it cringe. At first I thought it was a cool idea but it’s done. I can have a real party pooper mentality but I’m embarrassed for everyone who’s doing the scarf thing.

I think it’s the lack of originality that makes it unbecoming.
I’ve always been confused by it coming from the UK. INXS had nothing to do with Adelaide right? It’s not like it was their city or anything. I just don’t get the relevance.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back