The off topic thread 4.0

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Finally accepting it?
You mean sensibly accepting it now that there is a vaccine with a substantial portion of the population vaccinated?

They have only vaccinated 38 % of the population, they're still getting 3000 cases a day and are opening up. We get 50 cases out of 300,000 tests in VIC over a week and an unnecessary lockdown continues.

They have only vaccinated 38 % of the population, they're still getting 3000 cases a day and are opening up. We get 50 cases out of 300,000 tests in VIC over a week and an unnecessary lockdown continues.
So they have another 3 weeks or so.
Interesting that the rate has slowed pretty significantly. Any reason for that Bojan KantKick?
Regardless, I imagine they are at a point where there are very few high risk members of the population yet to be vaccinated. Not the case here.

And 100% guarantee that if there was no lockdown for this string of cases, and cases spiked, people would lose their s**t.

Interesting that the rate has slowed pretty significantly. Any reason for that Bojan KantKick?
Regardless, I imagine they are at a point where there are very few high risk members of the population yet to be vaccinated. Not the case here.

And 100% guarantee that if there was no lockdown for this string of cases, and cases spiked, people would lose their sh*t.

We're already at 9% vaccination in Victoria. It's a huge overreaction. Again after the February valentine day weekend shitshow. I bet the day where we get virus numbers multiplying daily in unconnected cases all the time the vic government will probably sit on its hands and do nothing or wait until too long.

As Bojan said there's so many other health issues in the community now that will be pushed aside thanks to this covid lockdown.

We're already at 9% vaccination in Victoria. It's a huge overreaction. Again after the February valentine day weekend shitshow. I bet the day where we get virus numbers multiplying daily in unconnected cases all the time the vic government will probably sit on its hands and do nothing or wait until too long.

As Bojan said there's so many other health issues in the community now that will be pushed aside thanks to this covid lockdown.
9 isn't 38

Yes, I am not sure how hard it is to either just hang up, or say I am not interested, bye.
Good thing I can call you on messenger.
Let's experiment Cruyffy. I'll call you every day at random hours pretending to sell something. You can't block me.

How many days/calls you last before getting fed up?
Probably started in 2016/17 not long after Uni. Believe me you reach a point where you're over it.

It's either tell them to leave me alone and stop calling, very assertively, or get a new number.
So yeah from time to time I snap and tell them to stop calling me. Not like I swear or abuse the person individually.

They have only vaccinated 38 % of the population.

Two thirds have had one dose, and it'd be over 40% that have both.

But anyone in the high risk groups (where 99% of the deaths were coming from apparently) will have had both, or a scheduled to have both by the end of the month, or aren't going to have it.

Australia needs to get a move on with the vaccinations.

Last edited:

But anyone in the high risk groups (where 99% of the deaths were coming from apparently) will have had both, or a scheduled to have both by the end of the month, or aren't going to have it.

Our Thuckwit of a Prime Minister is 100% responsible for the lack of available Vaccinations available to the Aussie Public more than anyone, especially in Victoria.

I believe he has done this deliberately to sabotage the massive ALP influence in Victoria.

The sooner this bible thumping twatbiscuit is voted out of office, the better. A small petty, vindictive twerp is Slo-Mo

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We have 1/8th the population of England and England's population density is much higher. Plus they've currently got 3k cases per day.

Misleading.

The vast majority of the Australian population is concentrated in major cities. Sydney and Melbourne both have populations over 5 million. More than enough warm bodies in close proximity to keep a respiratory virus happy.

And 100% guarantee that if there was no lockdown for this string of cases, and cases spiked, people would lose their sh*t.
1622617731058.png

Last week saw record vaccinations on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday. Not sure about the rest of the week.

After one vaccination you are looking at 60+ percent coverage so most are happy with that tbh as the chance of death is very low after one vaccine and pretty much sea after two.

There was a slowdown about a month ago but that was a European thing due to France and Germany telling their populations the vaccines didn't work, Italy not shipping vaccines to Australia, UK then shipping vaccines to Australia as a result and the EU threatening to not send 2nd doses of Pfizer to the UK.

That shitfight seems to have been resolved for the time being with the UK ordering vaccines from non-EU countries and increasing domestic production of Astra Zeneca.

Everyone in a high risk category has been offered the vaccine and was done so months ago. I think the world is going to have to recognise that there is a difference between getting covid and feeling unwell for a week and dying from it. We can live with the former.

Our Thuckwit of a Prime Minister is 100% responsible for the lack of available Vaccinations available to the Aussie Public more than anyone, especially in Victoria.

I believe he has done this deliberately to sabotage the massive ALP influence in Victoria.

The sooner this bible thumping twatbiscuit is voted out of office, the better. A small petty, vindictive twerp is Slo-Mo
shut up idiot. bigger and more powerful countries than Australia are having just as many problems buying the vaccine as Australia. The EU won't ship you vaccines as you don't have covid.

Do some research on Canada. They have ordered more vaccine than every country in the world and have receives sfa.

That shitfight seems to have been resolved for the time being with the UK ordering vaccines from non-EU countries and increasing domestic production of Astra Zeneca.
shut up idiot. bigger and more powerful countries than Australia are having just as many problems buying the vaccine as Australia. The EU won't ship you vaccines as you don't have covid.
This is why the media in this country has a lot to answer for. As soon as there were reports of a miniscule percentage of AC recipients receiving clots it became the soundbite that media focused on. Then the opposition used it as a point score to ram home the point that the rollout has been botched.

What was needed was government, opposition and the media all singing from the same hymn sheet that it was safe to use. Not destroying public confidence.
The queues at many vaccination clinics lay empty up to when Vic got locked down again, now they're full. Shock horror.

Misleading.

The vast majority of the Australian population is concentrated in major cities. Sydney and Melbourne both have populations over 5 million. More than enough warm bodies in close proximity to keep a respiratory virus happy.
London is far more densely populated than any Australian city. The rest of the country bar Birmingham, Liverpool and Newcastle is far less densely populated.

Another issue with London is that the population is circa 9m but over 1m people commute there from other parts of the country every day making preventing transmission of a virus extremely difficult.

I rest my case. Australia is way behind in the race thats not a race

Do some research on Canada. They have ordered more vaccine than every country in the world and have receives sfa.
It is what it is.
The pandemic has slowed the production of many things, I'm sure millions are frustrated at the silicone chip shortage.

The inability to buy graphics cards or next gen consoles. Just got to wait haha.

This is why the media in this country has a lot to answer for. As soon as there were reports of a miniscule percentage of AC recipients receiving clots it became the soundbite that media focused on. Then the opposition used it as a point score to ram home the point that the rollout has been botched.

What was needed was government, opposition and the media all singing from the same hymn sheet that it was safe to use. Not destroying public confidence.
The queues at many vaccination clinics lay empty up to when Vic got locked down again, now they're full. Shock horror.

The media are campaigners everywhere mate. How the below wasn't highlighted to the public is beyond me.

'Earlier today (April 7), the European Medicines Agency's safety committee has concluded that “unusual blood clots with low blood platelets should be listed as very rare side effects” of the Oxford/AstraZeneca vaccine.

England’s deputy chief medical officer Professor Jonathan Van-Tam said the changes being proposed to the vaccination rollout were a “course correction”.

The EMA finding followed an in-depth review of 86 cases of blood clots - 18 of which were fatal - as of 22 March out of around 25 million people who had received the vaccine.

This means the risk of these rare blood clots is around four in a million.

However, there is actually more chance of women having a blood clot by just taking a contraceptive pill every day than actually having the vaccine.

For example, between three and four cases of VTE (venous thromboembolism - blood clots in the veins) are expected to occur in every 10 000 women each year when they take the combined pill Yasmin.

Other combined pills can vary between five to 12 people per 10,000; women not taking hormonal contraception have a two in 10,000 chance while pregnant women who are 6+ weeks postnatal have a one to two in 10,000 chance.'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back