List Mgmt. Mid Season Draft 2021 Player Watch

Remove this Banner Ad

What was the alternative to video games, back in the day?

I used to occasionally play Atari, that's it!

That's all this generation seems to do in their spare time, is watch screens and play video games!

Hawthorn don't seem to be operating at full capacity at the moment. The whole Newcombe contract thing was bizarre.

You'd have to guess that they tried to get Newcombe at their 2nd pick, realised that other clubs were onto them, and picked at their 1st pick cause he looked likely to be gone by their 2nd pick.

He’s not out of the game, he’s playing SANFL. There’s a lot more to what happened at the Crows than what was released.

Collingwood, Blues and Hawks all spoke to him. Some have even committed to who he will live with as a mentor if they take him. He keeps his nose clean he’ll go as DFA. We should have grabbed him while we could.
And that is the point, it isnt a great sample size. Needs more time, more good footy

How?

They knew we were taking Edwards with pick 1 and they selected Jai immediately after.

Clubs suspected they wanted Moyle and were hoping Newcombe would slip to their second pick but they passed on Moyle in favour of Newcombe.

I don't like the Hawks as much as most of us here but speculators were clearly reading way too much into Jai's nominated terms.

They wanted him at their 2nd is the way I see it and they thought the terms would scare other clubs off.
Clubs like Syd and Saints by doing medical on Jai forced their hand to jump earlier than they hoped.

just my opinion.

Very refreshing to see that we haven’t changed paths, by taking two 19 year old. We have our plan and we are sticking to it.

Trust the... process.

True but I would have preferred a KPP. No biggie but a strong marking forward feels like Callow could have filled a gaping hole.

A little strange but I'll trust the plan too.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

True but I would have preferred a KPP. No biggie but a strong marking forward feels like Callow could have filled a gaping hole.

A little strange but I'll trust the plan too.

Callow was passed on by 17 other clubs... In 3 drafts... I wouldn’t be surprised if he wasn’t even on our talent board.

We have holes across the ground. Picking a KPP we don’t rate doesn’t assist in filling those holes.

Some say with traces of psychotropic substances! Probably explains why rhubarb crumble was my favourite dessert 😮

I dunno about psychotropic, but too many of the leaves can * you up permanently.

1622631928174.png

Callow was passed on by 17 other clubs... In 3 drafts... I wouldn’t be surprised if he wasn’t even on our talent board.

We have holes across the ground. Picking a KPP we don’t rate doesn’t assist in filling those holes.

Agree best available is best and I don't know sfa about callow but I was hooping for a tall. Mostly mids in the next draft too I hear.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back