Strategy 2021 Draft and Hypothetical pick trade proposals

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lol seriously can we just have a ban on posting things ol clickbait Kornes says…

none of it is interesting and it’s all designed to just stir people up.

Hodgey wants a new rule! Hodgey gets a new rule.

No more clickbait s**t from Cornes in here.

Also:
Can we also threadban Rendell quotes. The bloke is senile.
Done ✔️

Carlton is the club we should aim to deal with. They have the better pick.

But Richmond is the club that makes sense. Tom would be perfect for them with an ageing Cotchin and constantly injured Prestia. And they would obviously appeal to Mitchell for a premiership chance and the ability to feed to ball to Dusty

Either way there is no way we make the minimum salary cap without significantly overpaying our crap list. So we should pay a portion of salary in exchange for a better trade return. That’s the key for us

If we could turn whatever pick we get into Cerra that would be excellent. Pick 2 plus Cerra (or just the first rounder if that’s not possible) would be a great injection of young talent into our failed midfield.

Last edited:
While it very well may be true and I'm not against the idea, the article seems to be mostly filled with guesswork and hot air

100% Correct

They asked Tom MORRIS on the couch last night
'who's the driving force behind this, Tom?'

'Oh, no ones driving it....'

Last edited:
If we keep saying the name Cerra enough he will be better than Hodge and Judd combined by the end of the season.
Yeah but if you say his name 3 times into the mirror then you're f***ed... :oops:

Cerra-man...
Cerra-man...
Cerra-.......... nah, I chickened out...:sweatsmile:

Looking at it, Mitchell could net us the following:
#1 - first rounder straight swap
#2 - two first rounders with us losing a second and salary

Using Richmond as an example
If we were to have their first (lets say 18) and trade pick 20 with that to a club, in draft pick terms that us equivalent of pick 5. Now a club won't trade pick 5 for that, but can see a pick 7 for it. Do we do that or do we gamble and say an extra top 20(pick20) is worth it?

No, he's right!
I’ll be honest, I’ve never cared enough to know how that trade played out, I just know it gets you fired up.....so I guess I just wanted to watch the world burn. 😂

Always fun to think up a trade period that won't happen

Trade 1
In: Pick 11 (Rich)
Out: Tom Mitchell

Trade 2
In: Adam Cerra, pick 27 (Fre)
Out: Pick 11 (Rich), pick 21

Trade 3
In: Pick 17 (WB)
Out: Jack Gunston, pick 27 (Fre)

Trade 4
In: Jordan Clark, pick 35 (Gee)
Out: Pick 17 (WB)

Recruit Chol as a UFA

Leaves us with a draft hand of: 2, 22, 35, 56, 66

Players in: Cerra, Clark, Chol
Players out: Mitchell, Gunston

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Trade 1

Trade 2

Trade 3

Trade 4

Recruit Chol as a UFA

Who are Jeka, Callow, Lewis and Kosi going to learn from once Gunners is booted?

Gunston has more value than Pick 17 to us (especially with a pick going back) off the field let alone on the field.

Trade 1

Trade 2

Trade 3

Trade 4

Recruit Chol as a UFA

THOUGHTS???? 🤪

THOUGHTS???? 🤪
Just thinking about what a successful trade period this year could look like for Hawthorn in a world where we won't get a second round pick for O'Brien and Ceglar, or a Chris Judd like package for Tom Mitchell.

All a bit of fun. At least I didn't clog up the very serious list discussion threads 🤷‍♂️

So as we all know, a midfield of Mitchell, O'Meara and Worpel just doesn't work. Worpel has been pushed into a high half forward role in most games this year as a result. Some sight his deficiencies as a reason, whilst stating it's not Mitchell's issue he is limited, and we need to give him better outside runners to have a bigger impact. Well, at 28, that's flawed. He is the wrong one to rebuild around.

We should look for a fair deal in trading Mitchell, but we also need to move him. He can't play any other position, and we need to get Worpel back in there, ideally our first pick this year, perhaps Newcombe and maybe some more of Scrimshaw or Impey. Either way, our rebuild needs to move Tom on.

The interesting question is how this plays out the rest of the year, do we just ride him in his preferred position to get the best trade outcome? or do we start our midfield rebuild with Worpel in the 1A position, and see Newcombe and others get an opportunity?

Just thinking about what a successful trade period this year could look like for Hawthorn in a world where we won't get a second round pick for O'Brien and Ceglar, or a Chris Judd like package for Tom Mitchell.

All a bit of fun. At least I didn't clog up the very serious list discussion threads 🤷‍♂️
No, it's all good..this is the place for it.

I think we need a contest ..the BigFooty Equilibrium, like the Nash Equilibrium

A prize for whoever can come up with a trade involving a)the most teams b) the most players c) the most picks and d) BE SEEN AS FAIR AND EQITABLE TO ALL PARTIES

The competition starts now Strapping Young Lad will be the referee for this game, analysing all prospective trades for fairness and realism, and will give detailed feedback on the merits of each one.

Would we be investigated if we decided to put Mitch in cotton wool for the remainder of the season?

If Richmond are hell bent on keeping CCJ (which I can see happening) then the forgotten man who could be raised is Ivan Soldo. Premiership ruck. Only just turned 25. Could realistically play for another 6-7 years. The Tigers have a stupid amount of young talls that can develop to cover as back ups to CCJ and Nankervis.

Reeves, Soldo and Big Boy as rucks next year and draft in some project rucks to come through from there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back