Strategy 2021 Draft and Hypothetical pick trade proposals

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lol seriously can we just have a ban on posting things ol clickbait Kornes says…

none of it is interesting and it’s all designed to just stir people up.

Hodgey wants a new rule! Hodgey gets a new rule.

No more clickbait s**t from Cornes in here.

Also:
Can we also threadban Rendell quotes. The bloke is senile.
Done ✔️

So with Mitchell coming out and voicing that he’s okay with a change of scenery I think it would be in our best interests to get him to Carlton for the 1st rounder and whatever else (later pick or player etc). We can then offer up that pick to Freo for Cerra and if they decline then walk him to the draft with only North to navigate around. As much as I hate seeing high profile players wanting out from the HFC it is totally obvious from our on field performances that TM doesn’t work with the players we have. If we play this right then I reckon we will come out the other end better off.

If we could turn Mitchell into Cerra and Coleman Jones plus 2 and 20 I would be equally happy. Add Newcombe and Callow. We are starting to build a viable List.

Are we in the mix to get a player like Jade Gresham next year who’s a free agent? We need to find a replacement for Breust.

Noah Anderson for Tom Mitchell.

Win-Win ??

Except Tommy Morris is reporting he will only move to a Victorian club.

Cochrane and Dew are all in on Anderson King and Rowell for the next 6-8 years. No chance they are letting any of them go and they will be paid truck loads to stay.

Two pieces to fix midfield Mabior Chol another upcoming Ruckmen to complement Reeves as an uncontracted free agent and offer more money and better contract and note playing opportunities with Hawthorn. Plus Cerra and just give Fremantle pick 2 and Bang our midfield woes have improved by %30-40% without any wait time regarding rebuild next year!!! 👍👌
No. Its a rebuild not a quick fix. Cerra is solid but not a fyfe/dusty game winner. Who knows what pick 2 might be. Not against Cerra but not with our first

Bombers wanted an inside mid in Dunkley last year, do we offer Mitch up for an Archie Perkins and a 2nd rounder?

I like the relative worth of both, seems pretty fair. Think we would be more into a young mid. Perkins did claim that he could play midfield but I think that was ambitious.

So with Mitchell coming out and voicing that he’s okay with a change of scenery I think it would be in our best interests to get him to Carlton for the 1st rounder and whatever else (later pick or player etc). We can then offer up that pick to Freo for Cerra and if they decline then walk him to the draft with only North to navigate around. As much as I hate seeing high profile players wanting out from the HFC it is totally obvious from our on field performances that TM doesn’t work with the players we have. If we play this right then I reckon we will come out the other end better off.

It is Tom Morris coming out and voicing that Mitchell may be ok with a change of scenery. Tom Mitchell has not done so .

It is Tom Morris coming out and voicing that Mitchell may be ok with a change of scenery. Tom Mitchell has not done so .
Yeah it’s Morris but I believe it. Mitchell is doing everything he needs to in being an extractor but with no one to link up with and is being wasted at the HFC. I reckon he (Mitchell) knows this and has openly put his name on the market and I’m cool with it. We need to cash in on him and this offseason is the perfect time to do it for the right return.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The three potential scenarios I can see for Mitchell are:
Richmond-
Mitchell + pick 22 for their first first round selection plus their second second rounder. No real impact on salary from us
Carlton-
Mitchell + pick 22 for their first (5-8) and we pay no salary for Mitch next year OR Mitchell for their first and we pay a hefty amount over the first couple years (until they can rework the McGovern deal)
Essendon-
Mitchell + pick 22 for their first and we pay a small amount of his salary

I think Ideally for the good of the league we're going after Richmonds first rounder so we can work some magic to get an established u22 mid (ie Cerra) to bring in along with our first. I don't think Mitchell necessarily suits Richmonds playstyle, but that's just me
Carlton's probably interests me the most as were we to get another top 10 pick we could end up getting a beautiful midfield combo in Horne/Sonsie with our first and Callaghan/Chesser with our second which I think would be massive for us.
Essendon's could be a good'n, but dealing with Dodo makes me think we'd get less than we could elsewhere.

Last edited:
If we can get a 1st rounder from the Gold Coast or Carlton which would be a top 10 pick than we do the deal, if reports are of Richmond being interested well they have a couple of first rounders we can secure.

Tom is not the same player since Brownlow & doesn’t hurt the opposition as much as other mids in comp to.

I don’t see Worpel & Mitchell together in the same side. Too similar & we saw the impact Worpel had when Mitchell was injured.

This could be the draft to catapult us back up.

At present:

pick 2
Pick 21
Pick 22

traded to Gold Coast or Carlton adds either pick 5/6

Do the deal in a heartbeat!

The three potential scenarios I can see for Mitchel are:
Richmond-
Mitchel + pick 22 for their first first round selection plus their second second rounder. No real impact on salary from us
Carlton-
Mitchel + pick 22 for their first (5-8) and we pay no salary for Mitch next year OR Mitchel for their first and we pay a hefty amount over the first couple years (until they can rework the McGovern deal)
Essendon-
Mitchel + pick 22 for their first and we pay a small amount of his salary

I think Ideally for the good of the league we're going after Richmonds first rounder so we can work some magic to get an established u22 mid (ie Cerra) to bring in along with our first. I don't think Mitchel necessarily suits Richmonds playstyle, but that's just me
Carlton's probably interests me the most as were we to get another top 10 pick we could end up getting a beautiful midfield combo in Horne/Sonsie with our first and Callaghan/Chesser with our second which I think would be massive for us.
Essendon's could be a good'n, but dealing with Dodo makes me think we'd get less than we could elsewhere.
Is there something wrong with your L button?

Mitchell for the better of Richmond's firsts feels about right. At 28 it'd be ambitious to try to negotiate a player back as well. Maybe you could squeeze guys for opportunities like Eggmollesse-Smith, Rioli, Stack or Martyn.

Chol is an unrestricted free agent so don't worry about trading for him, he's free to walk.

The three potential scenarios I can see for Mitchell are:
Richmond-
Mitchell + pick 22 for their first first round selection plus their second second rounder. No real impact on salary from us
Carlton-
Mitchell + pick 22 for their first (5-8) and we pay no salary for Mitch next year OR Mitchell for their first and we pay a hefty amount over the first couple years (until they can rework the McGovern deal)
Essendon-
Mitchell + pick 22 for their first and we pay a small amount of his salary

I think Ideally for the good of the league we're going after Richmonds first rounder so we can work some magic to get an established u22 mid (ie Cerra) to bring in along with our first. I don't think Mitchell necessarily suits Richmonds playstyle, but that's just me

This would be ideal, but I think Mitchell would want to move to a contender and he really isn't worth Pick 6-8 to a non contender.

If we can get a 1st rounder from the Gold Coast or Carlton which would be a top 10 pick than we do the deal, if reports are of Richmond being interested well they have a couple of first rounders we can secure.

Tom is not the same player since Brownlow & doesn’t hurt the opposition as much as other mids in comp to.

I don’t see Worpel & Mitchell together in the same side. Too similar & we saw the impact Worpel had when Mitchell was injured.

This could be the draft to catapult us back up.

At present:

pick 2
Pick 21
Pick 22

traded to Gold Coast or Carlton adds either pick 5/6

Do the deal in a heartbeat!
We’re not getting a top 10 pick for Tom.

eldorado unleash the kraken!

I just mean it depends who's interested. A Richmond or a Port Adelaide might give up the equivalent of a pick within the top 10, because Mitchell is better for their chances of winning now than a draftee would be. That's why we paid what we did for Burgoyne.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back