List Mgmt. 2021 Trade Targets

Remove this Banner Ad

I think we have enough young players I don’t mean don’t go to draft at all but like it’s been said we have a lot of holes when old players retire but with Burgoyne coming in. I think we need a few players in the 23-26 range so they still have a lot of footy ahead but also experience
I’d never want to trade out 2 1st rounders for a player as it just about never works out in any teams favor
2 young players is better then 1 player

I think Mitch Wallis would be good for 3 years while the young ones develop more and is a good pressure forward when not in midfield. And Barkley would be good has shown promising signs but hasn’t been given a lot of chance in there midfield both players wouldn’t cost to much but both could play in midfield but also dangerous as forwards

Maynards asking price would surely be more than a future 2nd plus change wouldn't it?
Hahaha, carn. If Maynard played for us you'd want a top 10 pick for him as a minimum.

No real interest in Shane Edwards. I think he’s good, but he’s a perfect system player for Richmond. Don’t think he would be as valuable to us as he is to them.
I respect all opinions, but i reckon he would be awesome. You are getting a guy that has come from a successful club, plays as a mid who is super clean and a beautiful kick. Still looks to have plenty in the tank too.

Edwards plays the midfield position we’re most loaded in. We’ve got runners galore imo.

Amon duursma butters bonner Farrell motlop rozee Houston and Burgoyne coming. Not all are exactly similar but running mid isn’t a midfield area we’re short on.

After boak Rocky and gray depart we’re extremely short on elite contested clearance winners imo. Plenty of good contested winners but not the elite.

Really our lot becomes

wines (who’s really transitioned into a inside / outside mid rather than a pure bull)
Butters
Drew
And spp.

There’s some good contested ball winning ability there but how many of them project to be multiple 5-8 clearance a game types that can occasionally rack up the 8-10 clearances to carry a team like boak and gray have done during their career?

Imo dominant clearance mid for life after boak / gray is our big need.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

yep - i know that. 2 years and a coaching role. I would def do it. Rich will have cap pressure.

If they’ve got cap pressure teams will target younger players looking for more money / opportunity like short, baker, ccj or collier-Dawkins or a player just before his 30’s like vlastuin.

I don’t think any of them are great fits for us but another team could and probably is trying to pry one loose.

Edwards plays the midfield position we’re most loaded in. We’ve got runners galore imo.

Amon duursma butters bonner Farrell motlop rozee Houston and Burgoyne coming. Not all are exactly similar but running mid isn’t a midfield area we’re short on.

After boak Rocky and gray depart we’re extremely short on elite contested clearance winners imo. Plenty of good contested winners but not the elite.

Really our lot becomes

wines (who’s really transitioned into a inside / outside mid rather than a pure bull)
Butters
Drew
And spp.

There’s some good contested ball winning ability there but how many of them project to be multiple 5-8 clearance a game types that can occasionally rack up the 8-10 clearances to carry a team like boak and gray have done during their career?

Yep fair shout. Edwards does play a fair bit inside too and wins plenty of his own ball.

Tom Mitchell's name being kicked around as a possible move any interest here?

Really our lot becomes

Butters
Drew
And spp.

That’s why I think Cripps would be a good get. And I think carlton would take a compo pick for him. If we could get him we’d get a lot of clearances and ball to our outside runners. I’d like to have a crack at Coleman jones aswell as another tall to work with georgiades so Marshall can play higher up the ground

Blues have been hoping for a Cripps/Wines combo for years. Would love if it was at port
Atlas'ing Carlton for the past half decade looks to have sucked the life out of Cripps like Hinkley has sucked the expectation of success out of Port Adelaide.

Luke Parker UFA if we miss Merrett worth asking the question although he is a Victorian.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back