Autopsy Garbage vs Hawthorn - Rd 13

Remove this Banner Ad

The umpiring was the second worst I have ever seen. Not just the frees they got but the ones they missed for us. Diabolical.

However the game wasn’t decided by the umps. We were outplayed by a hungrier team. They got numbers to the ball constantly, they ran hard, applied pressure and we didn’t cope. Clarko exploited us down back. I’ve been saying it for a while but mccartin is becoming a liability down there. He is no good one on one. Needs to play that intercepting role.

This is going to sound ridiculous but I would drop heeney for a game. He has all the talent in the world. He has played games where he looked like the best player in the comp. he really should be taking the league by the scruff of the neck . He is too inconsistent for a player of his talent and hype. He needs a rocket. Enough is enough, he isn’t a kid anymore, he should be winning all Australians but he’s not

Amartey looked very good again and Logan didn’t put a foot wrong with his limited opportunities.

Going forward, Reid needs to be down back, amartey playing second ruck and 3rd tall and Logan 2nd tall

I'm happy JPK is going around again but I'll be disappointed if we don't see him getting less time in the middle in favour of Warner and Rowbottom. Parker should also be spending more time forward to make way.

Positives - Amartey - didn’t think he had what it takes to make it. Feel two games have shown he has something to work with going forward. Not a world beater but a decent second ruck/forward option. Pleasantly surprised.

Wicks ill discipline has been at crucial moments. Doing things that really don’t Have any benefit than giving away a free. Needs to be pulled aside to focus channeling that energy into hard ball gets.

Out footy needs to change or personnel where we are no longer a tackling side as ours never get rewarded. Someone who clears out to outside players and outside players making space. Sick of not being rewarded for our tackling it’s almost pointless to engage in tackles where you lose your feet as you are just out of the contest when the ball pops out.

2012 Grand Final what a day, since then a lot of heart break at the wrong time by the Hawks. (Few nice wins of course) Such a resigned to a loss feeling before a game.
Why didn't Ronke play., 7 goals would have made a difference! :D

Hawthorn win tonight no matter what ins we put in.

Effort and workrate people.
Guess what those 3 players bring in spades.

Besides I don't think anyone is suggesting they guarantee us a win, but the point is that it's much harder to do so when you're missing important contributors. In any event, I was responding to the assertion that were we're only missing some "bottom 6" players.

Mooney just declared Swans are gone & wont play finals.

I fear he’s right.

We just got belted by the 17th placed side, on our home deck & will start outsiders in our next 4 games.
I’m waiting for Kane Cornes to write us off. Until then the season is still alive with 9 more games to go...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mooney just declared Swans are gone & wont play finals.

I fear he’s right.

We just got belted by the 17th placed side, on our home deck & will start outsiders in our next 4 games.

I was in nappies the last time West Coast beat us at the SCG. We will be so far away from being outsiders in that game it is ridiculous.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Guess what those 3 players bring in spades.

Besides I don't think anyone is suggesting they guarantee us a win, but the point is that it's much harder to do so when you're missing important contributors. In any event, I was responding to the assertion that were we're only missing some "bottom 6" players.

Regardless its the 17th placed side who had 2 wins lol there is no excuse for a loss tonight.

Our worst performance in a long time. Worst I've seen since the 2018 EF. Just couldn't get anything going, every posession from the 2nd quarter onwards felt laboured whereas Hawthorn were able to move the ball relatively easily. Hard to think of any positives - I guess Amartey played well? Bell I guess was better than expected?

Side really needs a Plan B. Hawks did a very good job in cutting off the corridor and when forced to the boundary the side seems to leak clangers (also did a great job in nullfying Hickey - who really has been carrying our midfield for a number of weeks). Bye came at a crucial, crucial time. Next three games brutal though.

Shades of 2014 GF

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

mcinerney and Florenti did ok.
jpk fought it out.

I don’t think a forward or a defender Won their position either.

in fact I think the forward line was diabolical all night. Outmarked all night out tackled and outran. Thought the forwards were so much worse than the mids

We lost in in the middle. The trio of Mitchell/Worpel/OMeara utterly killed us. Mitchell had 20+ in a half jeez! I’ll give you Florent he was the best of the mids, JMac did well too. The rest, abysmal

Remove this Banner Ad

Back