Analysis Rolling All-Australian team for 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Who would you choose to win a game off their own boot?

I'd personally take NN every day of the week. Gawn's proven he crumbles under the mental pressure of those big situations.

Still, he is a gun player and I can't say I'd be upset if he was AA over NN.
lol

He missed one shot to win a game with 20-30 seconds on the clock 3 years ago in a game that he dominated

That was the year he went on to win the AFLCA award too

Last edited:

I'd personally take NN every day of the week. Gawn's proven he crumbles under the mental pressure of those big situations.

Love to see your list of examples of Gawn crumbling “under the mental pressure of those big situations” and if you could follow that up with some evidence of NN winning games off of his own boot that would be great, thanks in advance.

It's great how any time you put forward an opinion that one player happens to be better than a Demons player, you get shouted down for it.

I take Nic Nat over Gawn so far this year
It’s great how any time there’s an opportunity to pile onto the Dees, Dogs fans will appear out of nowhere. Like clockwork.

Yeah, clearly the world is against you.

Melbourne fans are the new Richmond.
Not the world, just Dogs fans. They’re second on the ladder and could be first tonight, don’t really understand why they’re so obsessed with us.

Love to see your list of examples of Gawn crumbling “under the mental pressure of those big situations” and if you could follow that up with some evidence of NN winning games off of his own boot that would be great, thanks in advance.
i mean Naitanui has literally won games off his boot before, as in kicking the winning goal, at least twice off the top of my head. Gawn is a known choke artist and Naita gives him a bath every time they play.

It's great how any time you put forward an opinion that one player happens to be better than a Demons player, you get shouted down for it.

I take Nic Nat over Gawn so far this year

Why would you do that when Gawn is the better footballer and has been the best ruckman in the AFL this year? Doesn’t make any sense.

Don’t let your dislike of Melbourne supporters cloud your judgment.

i mean Naitanui has literally won games off his boot before, as in kicking the winning goal, at least twice off the top of my head. Gawn is a known choke artist and Naita gives him a bath every time they play.
I look forward to you supplying a detailed run down of the evidence you have compiled to support you’re unsubstantiated claims, thanks in advance.

Gawn losing the game for his team.

Only the 1st qtr but that loss clearly went to his head:

NN wins Vs North

NN wins Vs GWS

NNs wins second game VS Hawks. 3 goals in last 10 minutes to win the game off his own boot in his second ever game.

You're welcome, in advance of course.

Last edited:
There is not a single legitimate argument you can make that NN makes it over Gawn as the starting ruckmen in the current AA squad...

I'm not at all interested in denigrating Gawn, however, there is no way you seriously believe your opinion has any basis in reality.
If anything, the statistics make it almost impossible for Naitanui's claims as starting ruck to be ignored.

Has Nic Nat been great in the big moments lately? Missed a regulation goal late against Richmond and was outpointed by Hooker to lose the Essendon game.

Gawn losing the game for his team.

Only the 1st qtr but that loss clearly went to his head:

NN wins Vs North

NN wins Vs GWS

NNs wins second game VS Hawks. 3 goals in last 10 minutes to win the game off his own boot in his second ever game.

You're welcome, in advance of course.

That’s it is it, this can’t be the best you can do, the two blokes in question have played 350 odd games between them and you can come up with 3 total examples totaling 5 kicks over 13 years to justify your assertion that Gawn is mentally weak and NN can be trusted to win games off his own boot, this is beyond pathetic.

Have another go and while you are at it can you give me a run down on why kicking the game winner correlates to single-handedly winning the game off your own boot, I look forward to your response and thanks in advance

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Has Nic Nat been great in the big moments lately? Missed a regulation goal late against Richmond and was outpointed by Hooker to lose the Essendon game.
We lost fairly convincingly in the Essendon game, was cooked in the last qtr with only 2 left on the bench.

Carried us over the line, along with Yeo, VS Richmond and pretty much the reason we have as many wins as we have since our midfield was decimated.

We lost fairly convincingly in the Essendon game, was cooked in the last qtr with only 2 left on the bench.

Carried us over the line, along with Yeo, VS Richmond and pretty much the reason we have as many wins as we have since our midfield was decimated.

How come you can gloss over individual instances of NicNat failing but not Gawn.

How come you can gloss over individual instances of NicNat failing but not Gawn.
Because we didn't lose those games as a direct result of his inability to be clutch?

Why's this a hard concept to understand?

I mean, I could also point out the fact that Dusty pretty much lost the game for Richmond on the weekend but he's won way more off his own boot than can be held against him.

It's also in response to the numpty Melbourne supporters, who are clearly still haunted by the ghost of Jack Watts, that they can't recognise NN for being the quality ruckman that he is.

Well here's a well-thought out response to this gem you've typed:

Naitanui misses = We lose.

Naitanui didn't miss = Won game off own boot.

Are you all there in the head?
Thanks very much I thought so myself, unfortunately I can’t return the complement as your reply was brain dead at best.

So you are asserting that the bloke who happens to kick the winning goal has therefore won the game off his own boot irrespective of how he played until that point? At best that’s a very subjective opinion, By that bent logic you could be BOG and miss a game winner and the loss is entirely on you, can you see the stupidity of your argument? Probably not. Looking forward to your examples supporting your original point as well, thanks in advance

Thanks very much I thought so myself, unfortunately I can’t return the complement as your reply was brain dead at best.

So you are asserting that the bloke who happens to kick the winning goal has therefore won the game off his own boot irrespective of how he played until that point? At best that’s a very subjective opinion, By that bent logic you could be BOG and miss a game winner and the loss is entirely on you, can you see the stupidity of your argument? Probably not. Looking forward to your examples supporting your original point as well, thanks in advance

Well, he could've lost it off his own boot, a la Gawn, irrespective of how he played in that game to that point.

If you have the last kick of the game, after the siren to win then yes, the loss is on you. Everything that happened in the game got you to that point for you to have the opportunity to be the hero.

Not really a difficult concept to understand is it? Oh wait, apparently it is too brain-melting difficult for you to understand.

He made some claims he can’t support and has been called out and has thrown it into reverse real quick and it’s all the fault of the nasty Melbourne supporters.

Well, he could've lost it off his own boot, a la Gawn, irrespective of how he played in that game to that point.

If you have the last kick of the game, after the siren to win then yes, the loss is on you. Everything that happened in the game got you to that point for you to have the opportunity to be the hero.

Not really a difficult concept to understand is it? Oh wait, apparently it is too brain-melting difficult for you to understand.
You are failing to comprehend your own point, you might be the hero for kicking the game winner but to say that means you won the game off your own boot is entirely subjective, the 2018 GF is as good an example as any.

I’ll continue to wait for you to supply substantive evidence of your original claims, thanks in advance

You are failing to comprehend your own point, you might be the hero for kicking the game winner but to say that means you won the game off your own boot is entirely subjective, the 2018 GF is as good an example as any.

I’ll continue to wait for you to supply substantive evidence of your original claims, thanks in advance
Why bother?

You're clearly trying to sound smart for your own amusement.

I've given you enough examples. I'm not going to waste my time trying to educate someone, who clearly doesn't watch teams other than his own play, on what being 'clutch' is.

I mean, imagine calling Sheed's goal 'subjective' when if he didn't kick that we likely lose the flag.

Would you have called Darling's dropped mark in the goal square single-handedly losing us the game if we lost?

There is nothing to make anything of?. Gawn rightly so has more coaches votes. Because he's been better

There is not a single legitimate argument you can make that NN makes it over Gawn as the starting ruckmen in the current AA squad..

View attachment 1157932
Or it could be argued that Nic Nat has received votes in 9 games against the 7 of Gawn, indicating a greater consistency…

as for no single legitimate argument. What about the AFL player ratings that have Nic Nat a fair way ahead of Gawn on the year? Or is that illegitimate?

Why bother?

You're clearly trying to sound smart for your own amusement.

I've given you enough examples. I'm not going to waste my time trying to educate someone, who clearly doesn't watch teams other than his own play, on what being 'clutch' is.

I mean, imagine calling Sheed's goal 'subjective' when if he didn't kick that we likely lose the flag.

Would you have called Darling's dropped mark in the goal square single-handedly losing us the game if we lost?
Tell me you are being ironic, you must realise you are now arguing against your own point, but just to reiterate, Sheed was the bloke who kicked the game winner therefore making him a “hero” as you put it but he didn’t win the game off his own boot, any more than Darling would have been solely responsible for a loss, you can’t possibly be stupid enough as to have missed that point, but it would appear you have.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back