List Mgmt. 2021 Trade Targets

Remove this Banner Ad

Who's the closest to Matt White we could possibly find out there?

Jack Petruccelli at wet toast. Would be close to fastest player in the league. Sort of half forward to small forward type but originally a midfielder as a junior. Goal kicking is good but disposal can be questionable.

Wouldn’t be a terrible pick up for us.

Narkle was pretty poor last night in a tough contested match. I dont think that is what port needs.

Apparently Kreuger was great in the reserves until he was injured again.

Ccj has bumped his value through the roof. We should have been playing Sam Hayes.

Jack Petruccelli at wet toast. Would be close to fastest player in the league. Sort of half forward to small forward type but originally a midfielder as a junior. Goal kicking is good but disposal can be questionable.

Suits the slingshot gameplan more than our contested forward line game plan.

Was an early fan of Petrucelli , but have gone off him lately as he seems to another of these inconsistent flaky types. Certainly quick but not the type we need in terms of another flaky player.

What would Brayden Fiorini cost?

He is 23, contracted until the end of 2023, and has only played five games over the past two seasons.

If he is able to recapture his 2018 and 2019 form, he would be a very good pickup.

Surely third rounder at best.

Can’t not play a guy for 2 years and expect him to net you a high pick. I would normally be worried about picking up a guy who hasn’t played but the Gold Coast let Lyons go for nothing, gave Atkins a 4 year deal and then haven’t played him, took Powell at pick 19 ish, and haven’t given a run to Flanders or Brodie, despite really needing inside grunt.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Who's the closest to Matt White we could possibly find out there?
You mean fast flanker or underrated fills a need type?
Cause the last thing we need in this team is a fast flanker. We’ve got fast flankers galore. Underrated fills a need? That might be very hard to identify. We got a quick forward pocket and intercepting chb last season as needs type players.
What are we lacking this year? Big clearance winners? I’m not sure we can pick up a boak or gray replacement in that way.
I reckon Clark from Geelong has potential.
Meh. We have hbfs galore. I like aspects of Clark but he’s bouncing in and out of cats side cause his game is lacking. Not a great defender and can get exposed I think. The last thing we need.

Throw the kitchen sink at Bolton from the Tiges. Perfect age bracket for our list, X-factor mid/forward who's good mates with SPP and proven premiership quality.

Gray is irreplaceable but Bolton is about as close as you could get on the current market.
Bolton is quite electric and at times I feel we could use his spread from stoppages but I feel like butters and rozee are going to provide that from 2022 onwards.
yeah Bolton would be an improvement over some guys playing afl for us but who does he replace at stoppages for us? Probably Amon? Is he an upgrade there? For the price Bolton would cost ? I also worry Bolton would cost us an arm and a leg and then kinda be a 2nd rate player for us rather than going on to improve.
What do Richmond ask for him? A first + a 2nd rounder at least? Probably more than I want to risk.

couldn’t think of a worse side for pertracelle to play at. Would be delisted here in a heartbeat. Just wouldn’t make it and at sanfl level would not suit us either. West coast is probably the best suited place for him to play and if he’s struggling there that says something.
Marshall for CCJ.
Make it happen.
No. even if you think ccjs small sample size holds good across his career I question if he’s a good fit at port. Don’t think you can play him dixon and Georgiades together and fit well. We would end up trying to turn Georgiades or Dixon into a wingman Ccj couldn’t play with lycett plus another ruck so you’re definitely trading ladhams then if he comes and risking Hayes leaving next season unless lycett is done.
Ccj could go on to be quite good but for the cost and the questionable fit and on flow effects of that trade it’s a fair risk.
What would Brayden Fiorini cost?

He is 23, contracted until the end of 2023, and has only played five games over the past two seasons.

If he is able to recapture his 2018 and 2019 form, he would be a very good pickup.
fiorini strikes me as an ok cheap punt for a s**t team with lots of open positions who can offer him a clear midfield spot.
What would Touk Miller cost us?
Too much to make it worth it and probably not the best fit.

You mean fast flanker or underrated fills a need type?
Cause the last thing we need in this team is a fast flanker. We’ve got fast flankers galore. Underrated fills a need? That might be very hard to identify. We got a quick forward pocket and intercepting chb last season as needs type players.
What are we lacking this year? Big clearance winners? I’m not sure we can pick up a boak or gray replacement in that way.

Meh. We have hbfs galore. I like aspects of Clark but he’s bouncing in and out of cats side cause his game is lacking. Not a great defender and can get exposed I think. The last thing we need.

Bolton is quite electric and at times I feel we could use his spread from stoppages but I feel like butters and rozee are going to provide that from 2022 onwards.
yeah Bolton would be an improvement over some guys playing afl for us but who does he replace at stoppages for us? Probably Amon? Is he an upgrade there? For the price Bolton would cost ? I also worry Bolton would cost us an arm and a leg and then kinda be a 2nd rate player for us rather than going on to improve.
What do Richmond ask for him? A first + a 2nd rounder at least? Probably more than I want to risk.
couldn’t think of a worse side for pertracelle to play at. Would be delisted here in a heartbeat. Just wouldn’t make it and at sanfl level would not suit us either. West coast is probably the best suited place for him to play and if he’s struggling there that says something.
No. even if you think ccjs small sample size holds good across his career I question if he’s a good fit at port. Don’t think you can play him dixon and Georgiades together and fit well. We would end up trying to turn Georgiades or Dixon into a wingman Ccj couldn’t play with lycett plus another ruck so you’re definitely trading ladhams then if he comes and risking Hayes leaving next season unless lycett is done.
Ccj could go on to be quite good but for the cost and the questionable fit and on flow effects of that trade it’s a fair risk.
fiorini strikes me as an ok cheap punt for a sh*t team with lots of open positions who can offer him a clear midfield spot.

Too much to make it worth it and probably not the best fit.
Would Jacob Hopper be worth a look?

Narkle/Constable/Brodie/Fiorini would be good depth with Rockliff (most likely) retiring this year. We are still very light on mids and will be more so next year. I don't think there are many bonafide blue chip midfielders available now so we may as well hold our picks and go to the draft. Hopper seems a bit of a poor mans Wines clone and not sure if he suits our mix.

Bolton strikes me as a player that looks good in a good system that is made for the way he plays but will turn to s**t when he comes here. Happy to pass on what will be a very high price both in terms of cash and draft capital.

D Stephens has had a very average year but I think would still be worth a punt based on a high ceiling. Not worth as much now as he was at the beginning of the year. Hardest part will probably be selling him on playing first team football, but we are still more attractive then the Crows.

Certainly don't need any defenders and would only look at a forward if they were exceptional.

Would Jacob Hopper be worth a look?

imo yes, tho I don’t watch a tonne of gws so haven’t been watching him this year but he’s got some of what we would need.

but they would want too much for him and don’t reckon we could lure him.

In an ideal world, surprisingly the best target for us for next year considering boak and gray have looked human this year and be another year older in 2022 is jarrad Lyons. Not that we could get him, or that he would be worth what they would want considering his age but would be perfect fit next to our current players and for the gap between youth coming into their prime.

Dylan Stephens is the one I want us to go after. I think he's going to end up a serious player, and I think that he as a bit of a hybrid inside/outside mid would be a great fit for us with Boak nearing the end. And we know the Swans would be interested in someone like Ladhams.

Last edited:
Brodie and fiorini might be solid depth and would be pretty cheap

Fiorini is my preferred option. Wont cost much, high potential and proven ability to accumulate a lot of the ball. Would be a very good player by now if he'd been playing at a good club. Perfect replacement for Rockliff.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back