Preview Rd 15 Preview - Richmond vs St Kilda @ MCG Friday 25th

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did we call ourselves old legs back then too
No, but 2 years older I think they would feel it. Houli jack Cotch so on isn't young anymore people forget that. Can they still play yeah of course but are they as good as 2019 I would say no. Asking players to go on another run like 19 well it's not humanly possible. Crikey we still have players playing now not match fit eg Lambert, Vlas is just now ready Prestia and others to come back in Nank, Lynch. We also have players that helped back then George Daniel whom you must admit aren't setting things on fire. Time will tell if we happen to lose another unlosable game this week will be talking different next week.

wow torrential rain and deeboy in a tigers game

we are farked
she makes her own dystopia as she goes — darthmarr: During Operation:  Knightfall,...

Dunno about the wing but I don't mind Picket in the forward half - tackles and pressures hard and can take a strong grab and does play taller than he is.
Plus is bloody tough - might be the 2021 version of 2017 Towner. :thumbsu:

I reckon it's time. Opposition backlines aren't scared of us like they were. Pickett is the man.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Marshall is returning from foot surgery, hasn't played for a month.
It's a good chance to blood Samson.
Chol was annihilated in the ruck last game, 40 fewer hit outs.

Agree. Chol did some great things around the ground, and was more competitive than he has been some games. But NicNat was his direct opponent, BoG (IMO) and absolutely dominated hit-outs.

Ryder and Marshall are a good combo. Chol needs some help.

Imagine being a defender and knowing Castagna is going to be your direct opponent. Didn’t a second gamer for WCE have 30 odd touches running off him? I can’t wrap my head around this insanity. This guy literally cost us the game against WCE and a crack at top four. He makes Kayne Turner look like Peter Daicos.
Have you forgotten the West Coast game, mate? You could pick out almost every player and say they cost us the game.

What is wrong with our match committee? Why are we playing such a tall side when it's pissing down rain? I reckon the MC have been pretty ordinary this season and this one is baffling.

Fair call. Probably 2 games lost at the MC this year, which is the difference between top 4 or not.

how the F RCD was not bought in for this game is mental for me, especially when considering Ryan is the in. I guess i can see a little bit why they think Ryan is required - perhaps expecting more rucking contest due to more stoppages due to the wet weather - but that being the case, drop Chol. His form has been great, but i cant see him being very effective tonight if its as wet as you guys are saying

Marshall is returning from foot surgery, hasn't played for a month.
It's a good chance to blood Samson.
Chol was annihilated in the ruck last game, 40 fewer hit outs.

Not sure this is accurate

Nic had 31 HO's, Chol had 14.

Oscar Allen had 8, while Pickett & CCJ had 2 each. Not even close to 40 fewer

I think with those HO numbers that was about as good as we could expect. Chol is a back up ruckman. to go " 1 in 3" with the rucking duels with Nic Nat is actually a good result for him, especially since his strength is his work around the ground. I think Chol was worth dropping if Ryan came in, mainly due to conditions

Listen to Dimma’s presser. We want to play an extra tall which we tried before Nank got injured. Next week Lynch will return and Ryan will be dropped

Why wouldn't you just wait a week though considering the wet weather? what is there to gain about trialing it this week with 2 kids under 22 being the "Talls". Not a lot to learn by trialing a system with a first games and another kid under 5 games - seems a weird reason for me

Why wouldn't you just wait a week though considering the wet weather? what is there to gain about trialing it this week with 2 kids under 22 being the "Talls". Not a lot to learn by trialing a system with a first games and another kid under 5 games - seems a weird reason for me

Ask Dimma. I’m just repeating what he said.

In my view it was clear against WC that we needed another tall. St kilda have named a tall side and without Dave our backline is all over the place.
Plus chol alone cannot combat Rydey/marshal
The selections make sense to me and i think Dimma knows best.:)

our midfiled is now full strength - no excuses

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back