Preview Round 9 – Richmond vs Geelong – Friday 12th May @ 7.20 PM @ MCG || Richmond Tigers vs Scott’s Snipers

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've literally never made a comparison between those two players. Rohan won us the close final last year so he did his job.

Believe it or not I've been hoping Dusty does turn it around. It's sad to see champions a shadow of their former selves, especially early. Let's hope last week was the start of him bouncing back.

Bolded statement is foolish.

Dusty sits second in the AFL for offensive 1 on 1 contest win % in 2023. By the end of the season he is likely to be sitting first in that stat. You simply could not do that if you were a shadow of your former self.

You need to open your eyes to what is actually happening Meow.

People have been saying that for 13 years now. Richmond are showing what an actual cliff looks like, making one elimination final and losing it over the last 2 years with 2 wins from the first 8 in 2023. This was meant to be another premiership tilt. Anyway maybe you'll scrape past our VFL side and get the season back on track.
Richmond have actually hit the draft and have young kids playing not pensioners carrying the team
When Hawkins was not playing well your team were a rabble and within 2 years will lose
Hawkins, Dangerfield , Guthrie , Menagola , Duncan , Rohan , Stanley , Ceglar , Tuohy , Smith and 2-3 more
with SFA coming through apart from 4-5 decent players

Maybe try doing a under 28 team for geelol and get back to us

Yes but the discussion there was Dangerfield and the level he is still playing to (hence, is he a big miss or not). You can live in the safety blanket of 2017-2020 if that's what lets you cope, but we're discussing the present. Which I can understand is something you'd rather avoid in light of things.
The level he play to against other teams in previous year has never been against Richmond

He Buckles soon as he see's Dusty

I’m not sure why Mr.Meow gets to write a milion posts in here…But anyhoo, Tiges to win this…Our midfield is far superior, to limit the supply to those two…Surely we can

Should be interesting. We go into this game with the older team & as massive underdog, not often you see that. I think we should be able to hold firm against them, but just cant see us having the systems to beat them, nor the backline to handle Hawkins & Cameron. Cats by 20

Dangerfield out is as big for us as no Lynch for you. He was on a run of 4.5 games being in the best couple of players on the ground. More important than Cameron the past month.

Nank is a big out. Who else would break into this 22? One of Gibcus and Tarrant, both of which are below J.Henry and SDK, then Maurice Rioli Jr who has produced nothing like what Stengle or Close have.

Then throw in our ruckman Stanley and best midfielder of the last couple of seasons Guthrie.

It would be an embarrassing loss for Richmond with their season on the line, there's no getting around that. No better time to get Geelong.

Embarrassing loss for the 14th ranked team who have won 1 x game in 6 x weeks (against the Eagles) to lose to the reigning Premiers who have won 5 in a row.

In case you haven’t been watching we have been playing pretty putrid footy for 6 x weeks - it’s ok …. it’s not 2017-20 … we are pretty crud atm.

Why are you preparing yourself for some weird sort of disappointment if you happen to lose? You’re the Premiers… we are playing crap. You don’t need to manufacture some sort of narrative that it’s somehow 2017-20 and you need to prepare for some form of heart ache…. in 2023 and as of R10 you’re good, we are not.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I’m not sure why Mr.Meow gets to write a milion posts in here…But anyhoo, Tiges to win this…Our midfield is far superior, to limit the supply to those two…Surely we can
Let him stay, match preview threads need spicing up or it's all a bit groundhog Day - umps, no Cumbo, Mansell is sh*t, FARC, etc

Richmond have actually hit the draft and have young kids playing not pensioners carrying the team
When Hawkins was not playing well your team were a rabble and within 2 years will lose
Hawkins, Dangerfield , Guthrie , Menagola , Duncan , Rohan , Stanley , Ceglar , Tuohy , Smith and 2-3 more
with SFA coming through apart from 4-5 decent players

Maybe try doing a under 28 team for geelol and get back to us
Menegola hasn't been relevant in 18 months. O.Henry the Rohan replacement is already here. Anyway we'll have the band together until the end of next season and hopefully doing a bit better than your soon to be retirees. Guthrie is 30, not sure why you think he's as old as the others.

In 2025 it'll be:

FB: O'Connor Ratugolea J.Henry
HB: Z.Guthrie De Koning Stewart
C: Bowes Blicavs Knevitt
HF: Close Cameron Miers
FF: O.Henry Neale Stengle
Fol: Conway C.Guthrie Holmes
IC: Bruhn Clark Dempsey Whyte

We're playing a fair chunk of them tomorrow. And we'll probably do the usual smart acquisitions like Parish, more experienced ruck or someone else who fancies it.

Embarrassing loss for the 14th ranked team who have won 1 x game in 6 x weeks (against the Eagles) to lose to the reigning Premiers who have won 5 in a row.

In case you haven’t been watching we have been playing pretty putrid footy for 6 x weeks - it’s ok …. it’s not 2017-20 … we are pretty crud atm.

Why are you preparing yourself for some weird sort of disappointment if you happen to lose? You’re the Premiers… we are playing crap. You don’t need to manufacture some sort of narrative that it’s somehow 2017-20 and you need to prepare for some form of heart ache…. in 2023 and as of R10 you’re good, we are not.

Richmond have played below expectation. They should be playing finals this year and if they don't, the list was misjudged. Season is well and truly alive if you bank a few wins, as you should. There's no point pretending tomorrow isn't a massive opportunity. Embrace it.

Menegola hasn't been relevant in 18 months. O.Henry the Rohan replacement is already here. Anyway we'll have the band together until the end of next season and hopefully doing a bit better than your soon to be retirees. Guthrie is 30, not sure why you think he's as old as the others.

In 2025 it'll be:

FB: O'Connor Ratugolea J.Henry
HB: Z.Guthrie De Koning Stewart
C: Bowes Blicavs Knevitt
HF: Close Cameron Miers
FF: O.Henry Neale Stengle
Fol: Conway C.Guthrie Holmes
IC: Bruhn Clark Dempsey Whyte

We're playing a fair chunk of them tomorrow. And we'll probably do the usual smart acquisitions like Parish, more experienced ruck or someone else who fancies it.

Hope you do put a not quite good enough team together in time for our next flag tilt. We love feasting on your lot on the way to our flags. :)

Dimma has left more wives than Richmond have won finals over the past two years, but it's kind of irrelevant to the upcoming match. Martin in 2022 finals series = brutally cringeworthy. Rohan in 2022 finals = match winner vs Collingwood.

A Cats supporter hanging around the Tigers board slagging off Dusty . Did you want to make the mental scars of 2017-20 any more obvious? Just accept you’ll probably never get over it, and don’t make your Dusty PTSD so obvious by creeping around the Tigers board after midnight.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Let him stay, match preview threads need spicing up or it's all a bit groundhog Day - umps, no Cumbo, Mansell is sh*t, FARC, etc
I can never tell with a few of them whether it's mouth-frothing infuriation or they're enjoying it. Anyway the other poster was right, I've clogged the thread up enough. Enjoy the game and if I don't hear 60k plus shrieking Boooooert I'll be disappointed.

A Cats supporter hanging around the Tigers board slagging off Dusty . Did you want to make the mental scars of 2017-20 any more obvious? Just accept you’ll probably never get over it, and don’t make your Dusty PTSD so obvious by creeping around the Tigers board after midnight.

Expat mate, live in the UK now. I was checking to see if the famous Tiggie supporter humour was intact but it's all a bit tiggy touchwood after a turbulent season. Not to worry.

Dimma has left more wives than Richmond have won finals over the past two years, but it's kind of irrelevant to the upcoming match. Martin in 2022 finals series = brutally cringeworthy. Rohan in 2022 finals = match winner vs Collingwood.

To be fair, Noidnadroj, I don’t think Mr Meow was denying that Dusty broke their 💙🤍💙 in previous finals

Expat mate, live in the UK now. I was checking to see if the famous Tiggie supporter humour was intact but it's all a bit tiggy touchwood after a turbulent season. Not to worry.
At least we let you post here. One post on the Geelong board from any of us sees us packing due to the Geelong mods being more sensitive than Tom Stewart's knee ligament.

Lol nah I don’t think so, I can guarantee there will be plenty of melting in the game day thread tonight if we put on a s**t show. :D you don’t melt about how crap your team is playing if you’re not invested.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back