Preview Round 9 – Richmond vs Geelong – Friday 12th May @ 7.20 PM @ MCG || Richmond Tigers vs Scott’s Snipers

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Do the Dew

Club Legend
Feb 14, 2019
Stuart Dew's Gut
AFL Club
Richmond
Intro

I ******* hate Geelong.

1683461924668.png

Now that may come off as a strong start but it’s all justified, so hear me out. Below is a recent list of incidents that have occurred when these two clubs have played each other, just in case you’ve forgotten:
  • 2022 – “Nice guy” Stewart taking out Prestia off the ball
  • 2022 – Jeremy Cameron trying to rake Pickett’s eyes while they’re wrestling
  • 2020 – Dangerfield knocking out Vlastuin with a raised forearm
  • 2020 – Selwood raking Baker’s face deep in the last quarter of the GF when they’re both on the ground
  • 2020 – Hawkin’s destroying Soldo’s knee with a typical shove in the back
The closest a Richmond player has come to any of these acts was when Houli lightly brushed Gryan Miers in the 2019 PF. Miers was obviously a visionary because he emulated his future captain in flopping to the ground in the vain hope of drawing a free, which thankfully wasn’t rewarded unlike the one paid to Dangerflop at the end of the 2nd.

Fast forward to 2022 and what a horrible year it turned out to be. After luring the chief architect of Richmond’s demise; Steve Hocking, back to Catland, it also conveniently ended with a Geelong premiership.

1683461942944.png
^Do the Dew talking to his kids about September 2022 and the tragedy that was all of Dangerfield, Stewart, and Cameron receiving premiership medals.

And on Steve Hocking, I feel like we may be playing into his hands, though at least his role is diminished now that he’s no longer Emperor of the AFL.

1683461957876.png
^My assumption of Steve Hocking sitting in his dungeon (possibly Groupie’s) reading the Bigfooty Richmond board.

2023 rolled around and there was mixed news. The positive was that Richmond successfully won the bidding war over Geelong for Jacob Hopper, to which Cats fans instantly turned around and said that he’s overrated and that they didn’t really want him in the first place. Surrrrre you didn’t.

The negative was that Geelong went and gave the captaincy to perhaps the floggiest flog who ever flogged in Paddy “look at me” Dangerfield. And who is his VC? Tom ******* Stewart.

But it’s not all bad. A slippery piece of turf in Round 1 gave a lot of us a schadenfreude moment regarding a certain aforementioned player.

1683462111859.png
^Meatball sitting at home watching the Cats vs Pies match.
^^Wrote this before Stewy came back from a 4 week injury 3 weeks earlier than expected. Must have also learnt this from his captain’s “how to fake injuries” handbook.

And now we come to Round 9 at the MCG, could the undermanned Tigers cause a boil over?

Last Time They Met

Injustice. In a see-sawing game, the undermanned Tigers dragged back a 6 goal deficit only for Geelong to snatch the lead again at the death. Famously, Tom “Sniper” Stewart took out our most important player in Prestia in the first quarter off the ball, play wasn’t stopped for the better part of 2 minutes and Geelong kicked a goal while Prestia was incapacitated on the field. Free kicks that day were 26 – 13 Geelong’s way, so pretty standard.

Season so Far

Richmond – Good then s**t, then shitter, but finally got a hopefully confidence building win against West Coast. We’ve had arguably the toughest draw to start the season, compounded with injuries and a typical close loss thrown in for good measure. Starting to get players back and if we can roughly square the ledger at the bye we have every chance of making a run in the back half of the year.

Geelong – Really s**t then good. Started off with 3 losses in a row, including one to Gold Coast. I mean, who would ever drop a game to Gold Coast…? They then got a few soft kills in a row and are on a bit of a tear. They’ve also been aided by some incredibly fortunate (some would say suspicious) MRO rulings including Rohan only getting penalized a week for a sling tackle, and Duncan avoiding a tribunal visit for knocking out a bloke. As Leslie Nielsen would say, nothing to see here.

Prediction

Before I give my thoughts, it’s not just Richmond vs Geelong and the Umps. It’s also Richmond vs the media, led by the malevolent GW and ably backed by Karen Cornes.

MAIN-SKEKSIL_2000x.jpg

^No wonder Robbo is always drunk if he has to spend an hour next to this thing every night. Proper nightmare fuel that.

1683462170077.png
^This guy makes a living criticizing players and writing s**t clickbait articles. This ******* guy…

Stats that Matter

Free kick differential thus far: Richmond -5. Geelong -11. A bit disappointing. Usually we’re raising the negative half century bat at this stage.

50m penalties given away: Richmond 11. Geelong 8. That’s what I’m talking about. Nothing like giving the oppo at least 1x 50m penalty per game. Although the one paid against Cumberland on the weekend was a disgrace. Even blockhead Jono Brown said it was a bit rough, and that prick hates us.

Teams

Captain courageous Dangerfield subbed out of the Adelaide game with a hammy. Knowing his injury history, Clangers will be right to go against us.

Do the Dew’s Prediction

I rubbed the magic ball (Stewie Dew’s gut) and had a craving for burgers, but also detected hints of a Tiger win by under a goal. Have at it folks.

Intro

I ******* hate Geelong.

View attachment 1681431

Now that may come off as a strong start but it’s all justified, so hear me out. Below is a recent list of incidents that have occurred when these two clubs have played each other, just in case you’ve forgotten:
  • 2022 – “Nice guy” Stewart taking out Prestia off the ball
  • 2022 – Jeremy Cameron trying to rake Pickett’s eyes while they’re wrestling
  • 2020 – Dangerfield knocking out Vlastuin with a raised forearm
  • 2020 – Selwood raking Baker’s face deep in the last quarter of the GF when they’re both on the ground
  • 2020 – Hawkin’s destroying Soldo’s knee with a typical shove in the back
The closest a Richmond player has come to any of these acts was when Houli lightly brushed Gryan Miers in the 2019 PF. Miers was obviously a visionary because he emulated his future captain in flopping to the ground in the vain hope of drawing a free, which thankfully wasn’t rewarded unlike the one paid to Dangerflop at the end of the 2nd.

Fast forward to 2022 and what a horrible year it turned out to be. After luring the chief architect of Richmond’s demise; Steve Hocking, back to Catland, it also conveniently ended with a Geelong premiership.

View attachment 1681434
^Do the Dew talking to his kids about September 2022 and the tragedy that was all of Dangerfield, Stewart, and Cameron receiving premiership medals.

And on Steve Hocking, I feel like we may be playing into his hands, though at least his role is diminished now that he’s no longer Emperor of the AFL.

View attachment 1681435
^My assumption of Steve Hocking sitting in his dungeon (possibly Groupie’s) reading the Bigfooty Richmond board.

2023 rolled around and there was mixed news. The positive was that Richmond successfully won the bidding war over Geelong for Jacob Hopper, to which Cats fans instantly turned around and said that he’s overrated and that they didn’t really want him in the first place. Surrrrre you didn’t.

The negative was that Geelong went and gave the captaincy to perhaps the floggiest flog who ever flogged in Paddy “look at me” Dangerfield. And who is his VC? Tom ******* Stewart.

But it’s not all bad. A slippery piece of turf in Round 1 gave a lot of us a schadenfreude moment regarding a certain aforementioned player.

View attachment 1681439
^Meatball sitting at home watching the Cats vs Pies match.
^^Wrote this before Stewy came back from a 4 week injury 3 weeks earlier than expected. Must have also learnt this from his captain’s “how to fake injuries” handbook.

And now we come to Round 9 at the MCG, could the undermanned Tigers cause a boil over?

Last Time They Met

Injustice. In a see-sawing game, the undermanned Tigers dragged back a 6 goal deficit only for Geelong to snatch the lead again at the death. Famously, Tom “Sniper” Stewart took out our most important player in Prestia in the first quarter off the ball, play wasn’t stopped for the better part of 2 minutes and Geelong kicked a goal while Prestia was incapacitated on the field. Free kicks that day were 26 – 13 Geelong’s way, so pretty standard.

Season so Far

Richmond – Good then s**t, then shitter, but finally got a hopefully confidence building win against West Coast. We’ve had arguably the toughest draw to start the season, compounded with injuries and a typical close loss thrown in for good measure. Starting to get players back and if we can roughly square the ledger at the bye we have every chance of making a run in the back half of the year.

Geelong – Really s**t then good. Started off with 3 losses in a row, including one to Gold Coast. I mean, who would ever drop a game to Gold Coast…? They then got a few soft kills in a row and are on a bit of a tear. They’ve also been aided by some incredibly fortunate (some would say suspicious) MRO rulings including Rohan only getting penalized a week for a sling tackle, and Duncan avoiding a tribunal visit for knocking out a bloke. As Leslie Nielsen would say, nothing to see here.

Prediction

Before I give my thoughts, it’s not just Richmond vs Geelong and the Umps. It’s also Richmond vs the media, led by the malevolent GW and ably backed by Karen Cornes.

MAIN-SKEKSIL_2000x.jpg

^No wonder Robbo is always drunk if he has to spend an hour next to this thing every night. Proper nightmare fuel that.

View attachment 1681441
^This guy makes a living criticizing players and writing s*t clickbait articles. This ****** guy…

Stats that Matter

Free kick differential thus far: Richmond -5. Geelong -11. A bit disappointing. Usually we’re raising the negative half century bat at this stage.

50m penalties given away: Richmond 11. Geelong 8. That’s what I’m talking about. Nothing like giving the oppo at least 1x 50m penalty per game. Although the one paid against Cumberland on the weekend was a disgrace. Even blockhead Jono Brown said it was a bit rough, and that prick hates us.

Teams

Captain courageous Dangerfield subbed out of the Adelaide game with a hammy. Knowing his injury history, Clangers will be right to go against us.

Do the Dew’s Prediction

I rubbed the magic ball (Stewie Dew’s gut) and had a craving for burgers, but also detected hints of a Tiger win by under a goal. Have at it folks.
Thanks for stepping up and getting the preview done! Appreciated. Looks like you went to a fair amount of effort.

Oh! I too ******* hate Geelong.

Man I hope we can somehow engineer a win on Friday night, until then I’m going to spend the next four nights having nightmares about Jeremy ******* Cameron kicking 10 on us. :sob:

Not going to stop me though from joining the chorus at the ‘G’ on Friday night where Dog Stewart is concerned.

Could the cocoa drinkin’ darksiders turn up this time?
Carna Tigers!

#letsgo
I think we will be mentally up for the challenge.

Hawkins is the bargarse of footballers,as wide as two then they have Cameron in ripping form.

Just limit the opportunity they get by winning it in the midfield.

And fight for everything.

Fight and fight and win!

Geelong have already pocketed 4 flags in recent times but no rules changes to keep them “back in the pack”

Funny that!
#boysclub

Come on Tiger Army!

80k plus!!!

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Knock him out inside the first few seconds. Lol
make sure a spud does it so we dont loose a good player

benny miller comes to mind but dont think he has it in him

I want to see two things from this game:
1) a jubilant Dion Prestia kick the winning goal in the last 5 seconds of the game, and
2) a glum Tom Stewart sitting on the bench nursing a broken elbow from a collision earlier in the day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back