Review Good/Bad vs West Coast - Rd 18

Remove this Banner Ad

Focussing on good as I’ve had my piece in list management section

Shoenberg- will be a great mid for us , one to lock in with confidence . Good stoppage game and can get from inside to outside and carry the ball ( we don’t have much of this if any )

Butts - almost the biggest positive of the year , we’ve been able to replace talia pretty much straight away with a rookie pick

Murray - looking more and more confident at the level , courageous , tough and has a superb vertical leap to compete in the air .A great find

McPherson - best game of the year , been poor but hoping it’s 2nd yr blues . Showed some real skill by foot today which we lack

Last edited:
I think one of the biggest problems Adelaide have currently is confusing "Breaking even" with "Slowly atrophying goals until the opposition have eeked out an insurmountable lead and then they can pile on another 5 goals for fun."

Rowe was embarrassing

Had a bad day.....

Saying that before today he has got 14 goals and 11 behinds from 16 games. Not the worst 21 year old running around.
Our delivery into our forward line was embarrassing
Same issues freo have got. If you dont have a good midfield to feed our forwards, you dont have many chances kicking goals.

Freo kicked 3.13.31 on thursday.

Not AFL standard.

Need McAdam to find his mojo.
I think Rowe is AFL standard. I saw him play in the SANFL in 2020. I knew he was going to get picked up by the crows.

Saying that, I am a south Adelaide fan in the SANFL. I saw him tear souths up in the 2nd half of that prelim final in 2020.

I agree McAdam needs to find his form back. I saw him play in the SANFL in 2018 when he was at sturt. Saw him play at Adelaide oval when sturt made finals.

Was more of a Half forward flanker or 3rd winger. Didnt kick many goals in that finals series, kicked a lot of 30-40 metre kicks to players.

Classic Crows dropping Pedlar and leaving in Rowe... :mad:
Good to see Luke Pedlar get a game.

Hoping Brayden Cook get a debut game this season. Again, I dont mind talented South Adelaide Panther players going to AFL clubs.

Schoenberg - big plus.
Keays good ...
Ugly: Our forward line delivery
I agree with most of what you said.
Schoenberg our best, Keays very good (2 goals AND even a right-foot mongrel pass to another Crows player! :D ).
Jones looking much better.

I thought the movement out of the D50 was pretty good tonight, slick handball foot-passing and run, but as soon as the ball got past the forward edge of the centre square it was
BOMBS AWAAAAAAY !!!
Again.
And again.
And again.

Yossarian had a better bombing pattern than this mob.

I reckon I’ve held out the longest on Himmelberg out of anyone on this board. I’ve always loved his ability to pick up the ground ball cleanly.

but his concrete hands are a fatal flaw. We need to just put a line through him and see if we can get a pick below 70 for him during trade period. Atleast that will give us some points for Dudley.

I don’t want to see frampton up forward at AFL level ever again. I don’t want to see him in defence until next year when he has done a preseason there and earned the spot.

Can’t blame nicks for this list. He needs three drafts and a few years on top off that when we get a good chunk of players at 70-100 games. This is a complete rebuild and nicks has been the man chosen to lead it. Give him the time to do it.

Three drafts? We went hard at:

We’ve had the standard 3 drafts. Problem is we got our picks wrong

I saw something tonight from Tex that I don't think I've ever seen before and hope I never see again.

I know that he must be frustrated from the poor delivery that he's getting from the mids and the wingmen but at one point in the third quarter after some slick ball movement to the left forward flank just outside 50, Murphy shanked the kick into the forward line and Tex gave him a nasty, prolonged spray. Not just that, he put his right hand out in a half-hearted attempt at blocking the Eagles player who ran the ball out.
Anyone else notice that?

I remember Matthew Richardson doing that quite a lot, getting angry with his teammates when he didn't get the ball that he wanted. It's a sign of misplaced ego and poor team spirit.
Someone else posted that Kelly gave Sloane a spray and I thought there was a fair bit of poor body language and dropped heads in the third and fourth quarters.
My impression is that Nicksland is not a happy place.

I saw something tonight from Tex that I don't think I've ever seen before and hope I never see again.

I know that he must be frustrated from the poor delivery that he's getting from the mids and the wingmen but at one point in the third quarter after some slick ball movement to the left forward flank just outside 50, Murphy shanked the kick into the forward line and Tex gave him a nasty, prolonged spray. Not just that, he put his right hand out in a half-hearted attempt at blocking the Eagles player who ran the ball out.
Anyone else notice that?

I remember Matthew Richardson doing that quite a lot, getting angry with his teammates when he didn't get the ball that he wanted. It's a sign of misplaced ego and poor team spirit.
Someone else posted that Kelly gave Sloane a spray and I thought there was a fair bit of poor body language and dropped heads in the third and fourth quarters.

I thought Sloane deserved that Kelly spray. He just stood back and "corralled", letting Darling just do as he needed to score a goal at a very critical stage.

Good:
Schoenberg

Bad
Roo

Ugly
Roo
The club being at its lowest ebb since its inception. Saddening.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anyone else notice that?

Sloane’s effort to chorale Darling was pathetic. No surprise Kelly gave him a spray. I reckon the janitor is well within his rights to give Sloane a spray for that effort: “why the * should I break my back keeping these toilets clean if that is the s**t effort you’re going to put on the park?”

I thought Sloane deserved that Kelly spray. He just stood back and "corralled", letting Darling just do as he needed to score a goal at a very critical stage.
Yeah, I remember that too --- it looked weak, almost half-hearted, but they all make mistakes.
Kelly as well.
I thought that was Sloane's worst game. Multiple mistakes, unlike him. With no shot at the Eight, why doesn't he have surgery and come back fitter and stronger for 2022?

Sloane’s effort to chorale Darling was pathetic. No surprise Kelly gave him a spray. I reckon the janitor is well within his rights to give Sloane a spray for that effort: “why the fu** should I break my back keeping these toilets clean if that is the sh*t effort you’re going to put on the park?”
I just replied to BRL121 on this.

My point was that there seems to be more angry niggle within the group, and that Tex should know better.

Sloane’s effort to chorale Darling was pathetic. No surprise Kelly gave him a spray. I reckon the janitor is well within his rights to give Sloane a spray for that effort: “why the fu** should I break my back keeping these toilets clean if that is the sh*t effort you’re going to put on the park?”
I really disliked that from Sloaney and no way he doesn’t put more defensive pressure in if he’s playing at his peak. I was shocked to see him do that, he’s built a career on 2 way running and defensive pressure around the midfield. Needs to call curtains on this season and try to get himself in the best shape for next year.

I really disliked that from Sloaney and no way he doesn’t put more defensive pressure in if he’s playing at his peak. I was shocked to see him do that, he’s built a career on 2 way running. Needs to call curtains on this season and try to get himself in the best shape for next year.

He looked puzzled. As if he had no idea he was supposed to defend

Three drafts? We went hard at:

We’ve had the standard 3 drafts. Problem is we got our picks wrong
Well, Pyke hardly played the players from the 2018/19 draft because he was still trying to get into the 8 with that playing group until the massive list turnover decision had to happen after the review indicated there was a very bad relationship between the players and coach group, hence a clean out was required and fresh started needed for both. Then COVID-19 happened which meant the players in the 2018 draft are 4, 2019 draft are 3 and 2020 draft are 2 years behind development so you can't say we got our picks wrong.

Good God! I didn't think Sloane was serenading him as well. ;) Well, that certainly didn't work. Perhaps tackling him might work better next time.

Nicks said in the presser that it makes no difference if Sloane goes in for surgery now or later. He said it has a 5 week recovery time.

Given he was playing poorly before he got injured, I think Sloane should be held accountable for his poor form. He can no longer be relied on for consistent performances and should have the captaincy stripped from him for 2022. Give it to Doedee. He's the obvious choice since he's the current vice captain.

Did you see that at the game or on TV?

Just watching the replay now it wasn't obvious whether Walker was yelling at the umpire or the kicker

He'd been collected high in a couple of "spoils" during the game and was down for a while with one. No frees. I thought it might have been that

Yeah that was poor by Sloane, as was Kelly dawdling along after Darling and letting him easily take possession in the first place. Sloane realised too slowly that Kelly had been hopelessly outpointed and he'd need to cover his man for him

Kelly was very good defensively apart from this moment

Remove this Banner Ad

Back