Mega Thread Port Forum 'General AFL Talk' Thread Part 20

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eddie on his Soapbox.

He's like a guy who takes a dump in the corner before leaving and then comes back a few weeks later to tell everyone else how they can get rid of the smell.

Surely even Collingwood fans are tired of his loud-mouthing and self-centred hypocrisy?

Lol that $125 fine is bullshit.

I’ve been screaming all year that sanfl players have been running around trying to injure our players

I called the Rockliff injury weeks before it happened when I watched a team trying to murder him all game long while the ump did nothing. Then in the same game I said he was going to end up injured with the illegal attention he was getting and Lo and behold.

I was nervous as hell watching us send butters out there. Heroes galore just wanting to end a port players career.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Meanwhile Frampton, as a Port player, was given weeks for a bump in an sanfl showdown and Moore got weeks for a non threatening brush on an umpire.

There are headhunters in the sanfl. Seen them often target a star coming back via the sanfl or a former player of theirs that we've drafted.

Not the first time a player hasn't copped a suspension for clobbering our player. It just goes unnoticed

Last edited:
Meanwhile Frampton, as a Port player, was given weeks for a bump in an sanfl showdown and Moore got weeks for a non threatening brush on an umpire.

There are headhunters in the sanfl. Seen them often target a star coming back via the sanfl or a former player of theirs that we've drafted.

Not the first time a player hasn't copped a suspension for clobbering our player. It just goes unnoticed
Yep its why we shouldnt be playing our afl players in a bush league comp and should be playing against legitimate reserves sides. Sanfl is a feeder comp, nothing more.

Self indulgent rant by McGuire who cant come to grips with the fact that he is not the main man anymore. Much like an ex PM who finds themselves irrelevant once voted out. Weds are becoming the Pies show when he is on.

Yes I saw that…we don’t exist in their minds, or maybe the fix is in.
I think its from the Brownlow predictor only, so they put in pure votes rather than percentage each week then come up with a score.

So all it probably means is the people that have looked at our games for 2-3 have overlooked Wines. Possibly a bloke like Boak is taking votes off him if they are looking at stats only and seeing some high possie games?

To expand a little, what I mean is that say for a certain game, they can't say well realistically the votes might be Wines getting 3 votes 40% of the time, Boak getting 3 votes 40%, someone else 20%, which is what a more advanced market like Sportsbet would take in to account - the range of possibilities. All the AFL can do is for the game say that we guess Boak will get 3 votes, with no accounting for any sort of luck/variance.

So I can’t figure this out. Wines is currently second favourite for the Brownlow by the bookies.

But the AFL media “Brownlow predictor” don’t even have him in the top six. 🤔
It's simple really.

Bookies odds are driven by where punters are putting their money so it is effectively a weighted poll (weighted by wager amount) of people who gamble on the Brownlow.

The AFL media predictor is a much smaller sample size of AFL media peoples' opinion of who will win the Brownlow.

Neither has any affect whatsoever on who actually wins the Brownlow which is voted on by AFL umpires who continue to demonstrate that they have little feel for the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back