Autopsy 40 point win over Dockers - Round 19, 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Not only that how about his "Gulden seems to get get high contact frees" x4 comments throughout the whole game. I reckon he has been paid to undermine the Swans finals campaign.
There was no "seems". His exact words were “Errol Gulden’s third head high tackle we see” (or possibly “received”) and AFAIK, he didn't mention it anywhere else in the game.

Still think he's a turd.

I said it yesterday & I still reckon there's nothing in that... The commentators where calling how "angry" Bud was early... just waiting for anything to happen then going with the "whoa, big bad bud, that'll come under review"... They were calling for his suspension from the first 5mins. It was cringeworthy to listen to.

The problem being then Bud did actually do something reportable (elbow) which then allowed the idiots to keep going over & over & talk about "4 weeks here" & other nonsense. They were trying to add drama & entertainment.
Feel you're making these comments through your red & white eyes.
The late bump on Wilson was totally unnecessary and although not worth a suspension could very well have have cost him some money.
The fact is that he has been playing ANGRY the past few weeks and the umpires are partly to blame. They can't get their whistle in their mouth quick enough to pay free kicks against Bud which would be play on if it were most other players. Conversely, they refuse to pay free kicks to him that the likes of Hawkins, Riewoldt and Kennedy get with the slightest bit of holding. As a result he is getting very frustrated and playing accordingly.
It worries me that he is playing in a similar vein to Barry Hall in his last couple of years with us.
The elbow that he threw was just stupid and deserves a week. Then again, he's probably due for a rest anyway.

10-15 Freo's way. AFL App has it
Thanks #Milky95.
I'm amazed we were that close. In watching the game, I would have thought it would be more like 6-19. Combined with the 3-15 count against the Dogs, we do have a major issue to address.
That gives all the stats for this particular game. Is there a site that will give these stats over the season rather than just one game. I suppose it's only available via champion data.

The late bump on Wilson was totally unnecessary and although not worth a suspension could very well have have cost him some money.
The fact is that he has been playing ANGRY the past few weeks and the umpires are partly to blame. They can't get their whistle in their mouth quick enough to pay free kicks against Bud which would be play on if it were most other players. Conversely, they refuse to pay free kicks to him that the likes of Hawkins, Riewoldt and Kennedy get with the slightest bit of holding. As a result he is getting very frustrated and playing accordingly.
It worries me that he is playing in a similar vein to Barry Hall in his last couple of years with us.
The elbow that he threw was just stupid and deserves a week. Then again, he's probably due for a rest anyway.

spot-on about the comparison to hawkins ... he seems to have his own whistle

Maybe the hub and not seeing his family is getting to him , especially when they are in a hotel close by and he can't see them . We are all different how we handle things in these times . Also he might be getting the shits being held every time he's going for the ball

Thanks #Milky95.
I'm amazed we were that close. In watching the game, I would have thought it would be more like 6-19. Combined with the 3-15 count against the Dogs, we do have a major issue to address.
That gives all the stats for this particular game. Is there a site that will give these stats over the season rather than just one game. I suppose it's only available via champion data.
https://www.afl.com.au/stats/team-rankings?CompSeason=34&GameWeeks=-1 might have what you are after. Heads up though, the site is s**t

FWIW we are 9th for total Centre Clearances in the season. Against the teams coming up for the rest of the season: Ess - 5th, Saints - 17th, North - 4th and Suns - 18th

Maybe the hub and not seeing his family is getting to him , especially when they are in a hotel close by and he can't see them . We are all different how we handle things in these times . Also he might be getting the shits being held every time he's going for the ball

I'm sure there's something in this. Given I've nearly punched a hole in the armrest on the couch.......

No, fair call. Swans supporters are classier than that. I only wanted to acknowledge our visitors the Dockers, who had travelled far, and made many sacrifices to be there at Metricon

Can't quite tell if you're being sarcastic mate, but if you aren't, then I'd say turn it up if you think the Dockers players are sacrificing more currently than the Swans. If you are being sarcastic then it's a bit lost on me because no one is painting them in that way.

What a stupid conspiracy theory. He mentioned once that Gulden had his third high free for the game and that was it.

Even King who everyone is convinced against us has been a champion on First Crack each week talking up how we should make Top 4 and he hopes we do. Swans fans go loopy when games start and the commentators start talking. Everyone needs to find something else to moan about or just smile and enjoy the season we're having FFS.
I've got plenty to moan about - heck, I live in the country that invented moaning (England) - but I too was thinking "Why are these porked out old hacks trying to get Bud done ? Why can't they just STFU ?". Sadly, (I moan) I have no choice but to listen to FFF (Fox F-ing Footy). King and Brereton were droning on and on, both judging Bud and setting his penalty. They even tried to drag Lynch into their campaign. "Hey Lynchy, would you have got at least 6 weeks for that back in <insert year/decade>".

When Brereton says something like "Buddy would have gotten xxx weeks out in my day". What he's really trying to say is "Hey, remember back when I was somebody, back in the 80's. I was somebody you know, somebody....Hey, did I tell you I was once somebody....hey, who cut my mike ?"

As for the attacks on Gulden for what ? Being short by AFl standards ? The guy is short, anyone can see he's short, and given how hard Gulden goes, head down hard at the ball, he's bound to cop head high contact. That's why we have rules to protect the head.

One hand you've got a bunch of porked out has beens like King and Dermie going on about protecting the head, then the next thing they're bitching about Gulden getting a free for high contact (ie, getting hit on the head).

Brereton "The head is sacrosanct, so sancrosanct, so very sancrosanct"
King "But not the head of a small guys, right ?"
Brereton " Oh no, the heads of small guys are NOT sacrosanct"
King "What about when you played back in err...in 1883 Derm, did small guys have heads back then"
Brereton "Did I tell you how I was a hero back then. We pulled the heads off small guys, peeled them and ate them at half time"
King "Did you want to add how you were once a hero Dermie ?"
Brereton "Was I ? Oh Yeah, I was somebody....somebody..." His mike is cut again.

Dermie nods off, a string of drool hanging from the corner of his mouth.

The woman who looks and sounds like a bloke fills the silence.

"For more about the 6 weeks we reckon Buddy deserves, we join Ralphy at the news desk"
"G'day Ralphy"
"No you're Ralphy. What did ya think of Buddy's big angry hit"
"Was he angry ?", "Soz, I mean, oh wow, was he ever angry ! "
"I think we already said he was, so that defo means he was angry"
"Was that where he hits the other guy with his elbow as the guy is hanging on to him despite the out of bounds whistle had been blown, where Buddy swings his arm blindly and hits him accidentally but deliberately in the guy's face, which is miraculously unharmed ?"
"Yeah that one, the one we've already judged him for and decided he should get 6 weeks"
"I must say, I haven't seen it yet, but 6 weeks seems fair"
"Take a guess at how long he'll get"
"Judging from the footage I haven't seen ?
"Sure"
"OK, judging from all the judging I've heard, hmmm, I don't like to prejudge but I''d have to say 6 weeks is exactly the right number"
"Spot on. And what do you think Horse was saying to him on the bench"
"Probably just talking about the game"
"Are you sure ?"
"Oh yeah, err...something about a 6 week penalty ?"
"Go on"
"Something like, you're gonna get 6 weeks as a minimum as you were playing angry and you wanted to hurt someone's head, (but just not a smaller player's head 'cause they don't count)"
"You said it, and what a coincidence that's exactly what we all thought too"
"Not that any tribunal appearance should be prejudged"
"No never, but it's defo 6 weeks out"
"6 weeks ? Sounds about right"
"Gotta go, Dermie's waking up. Poor baby, He likes tittie after a nap"

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I've got plenty to moan about - heck, I live in the country that invented moaning (England) - but I too was thinking "Why are these porked out old hacks trying to get Bud done ? Why can't they just STFU ?". Sadly, (I moan) I have no choice but to listen to FFF (Fox F-ing Footy). King and Brereton were droning on and on, both judging Bud and setting his penalty. They even tried to drag Lynch into their campaign. "Hey Lynchy, would you have got at least 6 weeks for that back in <insert year/decade>".

When Brereton says something like "Buddy would have gotten xxx weeks out in my day". What he's really trying to say is "Hey, remember back when I was somebody, back in the 80's. I was somebody you know, somebody....Hey, did I tell you I was once somebody....hey, who cut my mike ?"

As for the attacks on Gulden for what ? Being short by AFl standards ? The guy is short, anyone can see he's short, and given how hard Gulden goes, head down hard at the ball, he's bound to cop head high contact. That's why we have rules to protect the head.

One hand you've got a bunch of porked out has beens like King and Dermie going on about protecting the head, then the next thing they're bitching about Gulden getting a free for high contact (ie, getting hit on the head).

Brereton "The head is sacrosanct, so sancrosanct, so very sancrosanct"
King "But not the head of a small guys, right ?"
Brereton " Oh no, the heads of small guys are NOT sacrosanct"
King "What about when you played back in err...in 1883 Derm, did small guys have heads back then"
Brereton "Did I tell you how I was a hero back then. We pulled the heads off small guys, peeled them and ate them at half time"
King "Did you want to add how you were once a hero Dermie ?"
Brereton "Was I ? Oh Yeah, I was somebody....somebody..." His mike is cut again.

Dermie nods off, a string of drool hanging from the corner of his mouth.

The woman who looks and sounds like a bloke fills the silence.

"For more about the 6 weeks we reckon Buddy deserves, we join Ralphy at the news desk"
"G'day Ralphy"
"No you're Ralphy. What did ya think of Buddy's big angry hit"
"Was he angry ?", "Soz, I mean, oh wow, was he ever angry ! "
"I think we already said he was, so that defo means he was angry"
"Was that where he hits the other guy with his elbow as the guy is hanging on to him despite the out of bounds whistle had been blown, where Buddy swings his arm blindly and hits him accidentally but deliberately in the guy's face, which is miraculously unharmed ?"
"Yeah that one, the one we've already judged him for and decided he should get 6 weeks"
"I must say, I haven't seen it yet, but 6 weeks seems fair"
"Take a guess at how long he'll get"
"Judging from the footage I haven't seen ?
"Sure"
"OK, judging from all the judging I've heard, hmmm, I don't like to prejudge but I''d have to say 6 weeks is exactly the right number"
"Spot on. And what do you think Horse was saying to him on the bench"
"Probably just talking about the game"
"Are you sure ?"
"Oh yeah, err...something about a 6 week penalty ?"
"Go on"
"Something like, you're gonna get 6 weeks as a minimum as you were playing angry and you wanted to hurt someone's head, (but just not a smaller player's head 'cause they don't count)"
"You said it, and what a coincidence that's exactly what we all thought too"
"Not that any tribunal appearance should be prejudged"
"No never, but it's defo 6 weeks out"
"6 weeks ? Sounds about right"
"Gotta go, Dermie's waking up. Poor baby, He likes tittie after a nap"

What a bizarre post.

Ever heard of creative prose?

Fiction?

Satire?

Tongue in cheek?

A whole other world awaits you.

Oh I got that element, but the misquoting and bizarro fantasy world that post came from was quite bizarre, thus my response.

Looking at our ranking of how many centre clearances won is irrelevant. The figure we need to know is centre clearance won COMPARED to opponent.
Yeah I think you'd have to dig through each round to find that

Might be a project after dinner :)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back