Autopsy The King influences Umpires a win over North by 3 points... #jessiewhitesque

Remove this Banner Ad

s**t way to win, but at the end of the day it was a deserved free kick and we needed some luck to finally go our way somewhere.

Some of our mids had okay games but absolutely smashed in the clearances again today. I have no idea what the answer to that is, but clearly neither do our coaching staff.

Anyway, we got the W and it seemed to mean a lot to the players. Lets hope it's enough of a spark to get some semblence of momentum into our season.

Pardon my ignorance, but why was Hayden McLean nominated to take the 50m freebie? He was nowhere near that last passage of play immediately before the ump held up play to take the message about the interchange infringement.
I would assume it's because play had stopped. Play would resume with the ruck contest. Therefore ruckman gets the free. Akin to the way the ruckman gets the free at centre bounce for a 6-6-6 infringement.

Pardon my ignorance, but why was Hayden McLean nominated to take the 50m freebie? He was nowhere near that last passage of play immediately before the ump held up play to take the message about the interchange infringement.
I believe, and could be wrong, he was the nominated ruck for the next throw up, so he was the logical choice

They tried to award it to Josh Daicos, but he was nowhere to be found.

I would assume it's because play had stopped. Play would resume with the ruck contest. Therefore ruckman gets the free. Akin to the way the ruckman gets the free at centre bounce for a 6-6-6 infringement.

Thought it was ip dip dog s**t you are not it

I thought the same thing. I think it's because he tackled the NM player when the original stoppage happened; he had walked back into position for the ball-up when the interchange infringement was being called, so he was deemed the 'closest'.

It would be irresponsible to play him with stiches around his eye like that. Not to mention pointless in a season going nowhere.
It'll open up for sure.
Throw Sheldrick in and see if he swims. Give Heeney time in the middle too. Or if Sheather is back give him a run if they think it's too early for Sheldrick.

Just my opinion.
Ok but I don't think the season is going nowhere! We're a game and % out of the 8.

It would have been a ball-up - so as the guy contesting the stoppage that was converted to a free....is my guess.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Stuck in bed with a virus, watching the final quarter again. Sheeez just snapped it through to put them up 89 - 73 and everyone has gotten around him, celebrating like they've won

Little do they know ... mwuahahaha

That play with 8 minutes left, Parker contested mark, handball to Franklin breaks a tackle pinpoints Heeney who grabs a good one, handballs to Warner who Nails Heywood.... ... who misses. Sums up our year.

Last edited:
The wrap by Nathan Buckley says it all. Where are we? Injuries aside, we were smashed in the mids -20, less inside 50's, smashed in the HO, smashed in centre clearances (we only got 8 that is piss poor), beaten in tackles so they had more pressure on the player with ball, they had 10% more time in possession.

We were beaten in most pressure areas except contested possession, which we won by 5 which is neither here or there it is so close.

As to blaming inaccuracy for nearly losing. Will we continue to do that if we keep losing? Last year if we were inaccurate we would have so many shots it straightened up. We still may have scored as many points as goals but we kicked a winning score. OK we had a full contention of players. But even thrn we are incapable of kicking a difinitivewinning score. There seems to be a lack of desire or confidence in the group.

I am going to say this again. Losing becomes a habit. Psychologically, even a win like this is a loss because of the way we won. We are sitting right where we deserve to be. Will much improve with players coming back? Time will tell. Amartey will straighten us up a bit. But Buddy was on yesterday and we only managed 23 scoring shots.

14.9. One person says our inaccuracy hurt us early. OK. But to what do you put the rest of the match down to, especially the last quarter? Certainly not inaccuracy as we kicked 14.9. We have to stop finding excuses. Excuses are the purvey of weak minds. Find solutions not excuses. We are down on personnel find a way of using the personnel we have to scratch out a win. We play Blues next week. If thry flog is then we really are in a mess. The Blues are the most overrated team in the AFL. They have been extremely poor. Thry have even less room for excuse making than us. But we need to find a way. We need our players, like the lion in The Wizard of Oz, to find a heart. To dig deep. The coaches need to find the best way to go about winning with the personnel on hand. No more excuses Horse, solutions please.

Sent from my JAT-L29 using Tapatalk

On JAT-L29 using BigFooty.com mobile app

The wrap by Nathan Buckley says it all. Where are we? Injuries aside, we were smashed in the mids -20, less inside 50's, smashed in the HO, smashed in centre clearances (we only got 8 that is piss poor), beaten in tackles so they had more pressure on the player with ball, they had 10% more time in possession.

We were beaten in most pressure areas except contested possession, which we won by 5 which is neither here or there it is so close.

As to blaming inaccuracy for nearly losing. Will we continue to do that if we keep losing? Last year if we were inaccurate we would have so many shots it straightened up. We still may have scored as many points as goals but we kicked a winning score. OK we had a full contention of players. But even thrn we are incapable of kicking a difinitivewinning score. There seems to be a lack of desire or confidence in the group.

I am going to say this again. Losing becomes a habit. Psychologically, even a win like this is a loss because of the way we won. We are sitting right where we deserve to be. Will much improve with players coming back? Time will tell. Amartey will straighten us up a bit. But Buddy was on yesterday and we only managed 23 scoring shots.

14.9. One person says our inaccuracy hurt us early. OK. But to what do you put the rest of the match down to, especially the last quarter? Certainly not inaccuracy as we kicked 14.9. We have to stop finding excuses. Excuses are the purvey of weak minds. Find solutions not excuses. We are down on personnel find a way of using the personnel we have to scratch out a win. We play Blues next week. If thry flog is then we really are in a mess. The Blues are the most overrated team in the AFL. They have been extremely poor. Thry have even less room for excuse making than us. But we need to find a way. We need our players, like the lion in The Wizard of Oz, to find a heart. To dig deep. The coaches need to find the best way to go about winning with the personnel on hand. No more excuses Horse, solutions please.

Sent from my JAT-L29 using Tapatalk

On JAT-L29 using BigFooty.com mobile app
Our midfield is bottom 4 , we just don’t have the calibre of players otters have.

Our midfield is bottom 4 , we just don’t have the calibre of players otters have.
Bottom four is being generous.

I'd say bottom two.

I reckon only West Coast's have looked worse this year. Sides like Hawthorn and North are actually decent at getting it out from the mids, it's everything after that where they fall apart.

We've got too many of one type of mid. We need a big body who can lay 10 tackles while also getting the ball up out of a scrum into the flashy guys hands. A JPK / Hewett type.

Rowwy is doing his best and may get there with time but he's not there yet

Remove this Banner Ad

Back