Autopsy Done by the Demons by 50 points

Remove this Banner Ad

Dirty day and bloody annoying. Stacks to break down for the coaches and better now than later.

First quarter Melbourne rebounded out the fat side at will with pace and were happy to concede clearance. Hit up the right targets and refused to kick long. 5 goals up in a flash. Way too big a lead to give to a top side. We were emptying the tank just to get back in it. Why were we so behind the 8 ball out the gate. Well played Dees they were inspired and executed their instructions

Getting into it there were moments we looked better. But dirty bounces, fumbles, I'll discipline, crazy calls all the good things happened when things go seriously wrong for us.

Once it got too hard we rolled over and that's on the midfield. Felt like when there was too much to do we gave up. Some medicine to take and questions

Set shots were s**t
Fumbles galore collectively
Too cute got smashed in contested
ROLLED OVER

Started in the midfield

Not alarm bells but ******* cranky that we lack the hard yakka

Forward line looked good really, Papley is unreal, found one in Amartey, Franklin looks not too bad, McDonald coming on

Backs got cut up

Mids took the day off

Time to get to work boys

Not panic stations yet. We are a good side who had a bad day and unfortunately came up against a good side who were on fire today.

On a side note I sometimes wonder why I follow footy, a loss is always so deflating haha.

Fell over when we needed to stand
Kicked behinds when we needed goals
Didn't turn up until quarter time
Got out worked by a bigger midfield

Pre-season I would have had this in as a loss and been 2-1 so it isn't all bad but how we lost is what kinda hurts the most

Very frustrating day.

Oliver intercepting that handball - leading to a goal - when we had all the momentum, and then Parker trying the same thing and getting done for 50m kind of summed up the day.

Melbourne seemed to disproportionately take their chances. Every time we had a tiny skill error, they made us pay.

The game should have been close to even at 3QT.

Little worrying that if we are to be a top side you probably should’ve be getting touch ups on the big stage. We are spooked I reckon and could be some mental scars.

They had no Gawn and Pickett also . Pretty embarrassing

Even though he is our best tall forward we will not win a flag with Franklin unfortunately, we just simple still look to him far to often and ignore better options. We won’t change until the big guy is gone.

Imo we can’t play 3 Talls , heeney and Hayward. Heeney is a marking target and struggles to rove the high ball. It simple isn’t enough separation.

The interceptions that the dees got was just embarrassing ball use by us

Mids didn’t show up

Blakey just *ijg defend at times mate , getting found out.

Campbell what the bed

Really pour performance on the big stage again

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Even if buddy averages 2 goals a game, does it cost us more.

He's probably my favourite ever swan, but understandably he doesn't win enough contests anymore yet we kick to him at the same rate. When he's not there, the forward line has more space and looks more dynamic

We need to use him in a similar way to how Clarkson did in his last season with the Hawks (i.e., not always the main target). We have enough forward options that we can do it now. He's not the same player that he used to be, but he's still very dangerous. His competitiveness alone makes him an asset, and his ability to find a target inside 50 with his field kicking is under-utilised IMO.

Can’t find a winner amongst them really.

Papley had a spark and usually his heroics get us going but just not quite.

It seemed obvious we needed Reid or a Reid type that can contest in the air between the arcs. Our overhead capability isn’t too flash.

Ladham’s I have been trying to come around to and he has been ok as our only option. But he just seems a really dumb footballer with poor decision making beyond his capability.
Not a complete pile on, on him as he worked hard to get to position just not sure he is the best link up option.

Watching Parker push Warner after giving away 50 for umpire abuse summed up the day where we didn’t stick to the discipline required which we brought in the final against them last year.

Fox for Campbell in defence ASAP

Even if buddy averages 2 goals a game, does it cost us more.

He's probably my favourite ever swan, but understandably he doesn't win enough contests anymore yet we kick to him at the same rate. When he's not there, the forward line has more space and looks more dynamic

Players just need to learn not to get so Buddy centric, we've managed it better last couple of years but it crept back in at times today

We need to use him in a similar way to how Clarkson did in his last season with the Hawks (i.e., not always the main target). We have enough forward options that we can do it now. He's not the same player that he used to be, but he's still very dangerous. His competitiveness alone makes him an asset, and his ability to find a target inside 50 with his field kicking is under-utilised IMO.
The problem is either the rest of the team don't have the maturity to not use him or he commands the ball too much. I'm not convinced we can use him as a decoy forward

Odd game, didn't feel like a 50 point battering but here we are.

Bad kicking is bad footy, had a few nice surges throughout the game. Clearances were good in the first half but we were not clean enough in the air and at ground level for a full 4 quarters. Not enough output from our other midfielders.

The contested game continues to be a problem. It'll never win us a flag if we get battered in the count by 30 just pathetic. We showed resilience to put the game back onto our terms, but it was just an onslaught of getting battered around ball in the end. Not enough accountability from our midfielders getting back either, too many easy inside 50 entries for the Dees to convert. Defended way too well too.

Gulden seemed like the only mid that tried, Mills got stuck in as the game went on. Heeney was just awful, ever since he broke up with her GF its all be downhill. Paddy still has a long way to go to get his defensive craft to an elite level

Could've maybe been a different story if we could kick straight. Within 6 points during the 3rd term and losing by 50 in the end are problems we have faced too many times. Just periods of conceding goal after goal. Dees simply just too good.

Its a long year however, we learn, bank the loss and move on. Need more from our marquee players.

Can’t find a winner amongst them really.

Papley had a spark and usually his heroics get us going but just not quite.

It seemed obvious we needed Reid or a Reid type that can contest in the air between the arcs. Our overhead capability isn’t too flash.

Ladham’s I have been trying to come around to and he has been ok as our only option. But he just seems a really dumb footballer with poor decision making beyond his capability.
Not a complete pile on, on him as he worked hard to get to position just not sure he is the best link up option.

Watching Parker push Warner after giving away 50 for umpire abuse summed up the day where we didn’t stick to the discipline required which we brought in the final against them last year.

Fox for Campbell in defence ASAP
Spot on ladhams. Not sure who he thinks he is at times, but rarely does he use the first option. He loves to fake a handball or sell some candy.

Just get rid of it mate, or give it to someone who can use it

One of those days when not much went right for us. Melbourne just couldn't miss. Beaten in the clearances and they used the ball well on the outside. Foward line didn't function that well. Too many intercept marks. Still confident we can beat Port Adelaide.

Melbourne mids were back to their premiership best imo. Read the plays to perfection all day long. Makes you tear your hair out but they would have given any midfield in the comp a touchup today. Not a good day to be well down on your best and that was us today, can't remember the last time I saw us fumble the footy so frequently.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back