Autopsy The King influences Umpires a win over North by 3 points... #jessiewhitesque

Remove this Banner Ad

s**t way to win, but at the end of the day it was a deserved free kick and we needed some luck to finally go our way somewhere.

Some of our mids had okay games but absolutely smashed in the clearances again today. I have no idea what the answer to that is, but clearly neither do our coaching staff.

Anyway, we got the W and it seemed to mean a lot to the players. Lets hope it's enough of a spark to get some semblence of momentum into our season.

We've got too many of one type of mid. We need a big body who can lay 10 tackles while also getting the ball up out of a scrum into the flashy guys hands. A JPK / Hewett type.

Rowwy is doing his best and may get there with time but he's not there yet

Jpk hewett type? one is a star the other is hewett

we do have a lot the same though

As a recent premiership played told me , it was non insistent in the GF and is gone
Maybe this group need to find their own way, start their own culture based on their personalities etc rather than trying to adhere to an idea that was formed before some of them were even born.

Or maybe they just need to harden the F up lol

Maybe this group need to find their own way, start their own culture based on their personalities etc rather than trying to adhere to an idea that was formed before some of them were even born.

sounding like me

perhaps it is hard when the same coach has been in assistant or senior roles for multiple decades don't you think 🤔

bottom 4 talent wise ? interesting

rebuild then i guess?
Well we gotta replace Parker who has been our best mid and is 31

Rowbottom is what he is imo

Mills is a grade I guess

Gulden first year mid

We’re is the talent coming from?

Stephens?
Gus?
Paply and heeney are forwards

Well we gotta replace Parker who has been our best mid and is 31

Rowbottom is what he is imo

Mills is a grade I guess

Gulden first year mid

We’re is the talent coming from?

Stephens?
Gus?
Paply and heeney are forwards

Mills warner gulden will all be worse case solid b grade well Mills is already all australian mid

what can we get from rowbottom jmac stephens etc ? that's the problem i guess

perhaps it is hard when the same coach has been in assistant or senior roles for multiple decades don't you think 🤔
I still don't think that checks out because most of our players haven't had Horse for a decade, and the ones that have - Parker, Buddy - still play like the Bloods of old, even if their ability isn't always there.

I'm just not sure this particular group identify with the whole Bloods ethos thing. They talk about it in interviews and stuff but how much can they really understand and relate to the Bloods of old? End of the day they are still just twenty-somethings who play Fortnite and love TikTok. They probably require a new and different sort of culture to galvanize them.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

OIP.Z1jAWEB-aDJXcldL2akOjgHaOG

A couple of copies on their way to Arden Street. Handy that its even in the correct colours.

I still don't think that checks out because most of our players haven't had Horse for a decade, and the ones that have - Parker, Buddy - still play like the Bloods of old, even if their ability isn't always there.

I'm just not sure this particular group identify with the whole Bloods ethos thing. They talk about it in interviews and stuff but how much can they really understand and relate to the Bloods of old? End of the day they are still just twenty-somethings who play Fortnite and love TikTok. They probably require a new and different sort of culture to galvanize them.

Will end up off topic, but Parker joined what ? 2010 ish? Franklins been playing since 2005 and came from a successful culture. Franklin is also an all time great of the game.

But Parker came in with guys like Kennedy , Goodes, Shaw, Richards, Lrt , Okeefe , Hanners, Jack , maybe some crossover with Kirk Magic , the guys who were that all bloods team. He learnt directly from them , won a flag with a lot of them.

So he was already a part of it, that's if we said he was like that, I'd say he is actually a little bit un bloods like, taunts others , does the tough guy rubbish at times , over the top celebrations . Not even a criticism , he goes in effort wise, but I'd say he has more of a layer of arrogance than a Kirk Bolton type ever did .

So I actually don't think anyone has that bloods of old? yet it's still talked about. I think they need a new identity perhaps and all of that to me, maybe I am wrong, comes back to a clean out and fresh voice

You know what while he still has value maybe you do something people will s**t on me for suggesting and get Parker out and really start fresh

Can't imagine a bloke like Ratten, who is presumably desperate to make it as a senior coach, saying "righto, lets tank this one".

Nice conspiracy theory though.

Nah I think Ratten is done with full time coaching. He said in an interview last week that he’d only agreed to go coach with Clarkson at North if it was a part-time role.

Now the poor bastard is in charge of 50-odd people again under the national spotlight, after his boss and friend had a nervous breakdown, and losing his first game via a never-before-invoked technicality.

It’d almost be funny if the human toll it’s taking on him wasn’t so physically obvious.

Agree he wouldn’t have tanked it, though.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back