Autopsy Done by the Demons by 50 points

Remove this Banner Ad

5. We kept handballing to our opponents. How hard is it to handball? Answer, not that hard, even under pressure we used to be able to rely on handball
6. We didn't bring any pressure or any dare. Did we just think Melbourne would roll over?
7. Our tall forwards missed so many easy shots. The goal posts are big so it's easy to tell them apart from the point posts. Practice FFS, you're professionals
8. Our forwards were just standing together like bowling pins, cannon fodder for May, Lever et al.
9. We couldn't execute the most basic skills of footy, eg, a Melbourne late goal came when McInerney ran around the footy instead of picking it up
10. We kept kicking long to a contest, where the ball would spill to Petracca
13. Our leaders were giving away clumsy 50m penalties - setting an example
15, We had Ladhams dragging us down
16. Our defence was rubbish - where's Fox?
17. Have we not heard of front and centre? Petracca just stood by himself front and centre at every marking contest collecting every ball
18. Blakey thinks he's too talented to stick to the basics, so he keeps fluffing the simplest kicks
20. If our opposition had been as good as Geelong were on GF day, we'd have been beaten by 200+ points
21. We played a brand of football that our reserves wouldn't have dared to serve up
22. Melbourne turned up to play, we didn't expect that.
25. There was a lack of onfield leadership and I have no idea what Horse was telling them on the bench but it didn't sink in
26. Horse needs to ask how does a team take such a huge step backwards?
28. We missed Reid's contested marking badly. Only 7 for the entire game.

I could go on. I really feel like a good rant. I had to watch this game one quarter at a time, leaving a few hours to cool off each quarter. It took me another whole day before I could watch the last quarter. I hoped we might fight for some pride but somehow I knew we'd wheel out even worse rubbish just to ice the game for Melbourne. I don't want to watch a game like that again but we play at least one cringeworthy game every year.

In the GF we were at least trying to have a crack but Geelong were just genuinely superb. In this game we looked like amateurs, beaten easily by any half decent team. Hawthorn would have beaten us easily with that performance. That was a wooden-spoon-worthy effort.
Other than that we were good, yeah?

It's in the rules that you can't promote other sites etc and really no need
I think it is allowed. It's a podcast on Spotify, which is the public domain. It's no different to sharing Youtube videos or Twitter posts. I posted a Spotify link to another Swans podcast a few weeks ago and there was no action from the mods.

And I think there's a need and demand for it. Can't speak for others but since my boycott of the AFL media, I've become reliant on content from Swans fans, who know and love our club.

I think it is allowed. It's a podcast on Spotify, which is the public domain. It's no different to sharing Youtube videos or Twitter posts. I posted a Spotify link to another Swans podcast a few weeks ago and there was no action from the mods.

And I think there's a need and demand for it. Can't speak for others but since my boycott of the AFL media, I've become reliant on content from Swans fans, who know and love our club.
I mentioned red and white online here ang got a ban by robbieando , maybe he can enlighten us

I mentioned red and white online here ang got a ban by robbieando , maybe he can enlighten us
I wouldn't know bedders. If I had to hazard a guess, I'd say there might be some validity to the idea of not posting about other Swans discussion forums on this Swans discussion forum. It's not quite the same as sharing a podcast, which is a separate type of media.

I reckon a good idea if Zanerednwhite wants to share his podcasts on here (I hope he does as I enjoy them FWIW) would be to post them in the media thread. Ticky & co could include it in the mass post featuring all the links related to each game.

Just my suggestion :)

I wouldn't know bedders. If I had to hazard a guess, I'd say there might be some validity to the idea of not posting about other Swans discussion forums on this Swans discussion forum. It's not quite the same as sharing a podcast, which is a separate type of media.

I reckon a good idea if Zanerednwhite wants to share his podcasts on here (I hope he does as I enjoy them FWIW) would be to post them in the media thread. Ticky & co could include it in the mass post featuring all the links related to each game.

Just my suggestion :)
There are a few doing this , 1 is selling his own merchandise , which is a wank

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Irony:

* deck Brent Staker and break his jaw: free kick*.

* question an umpires decision: 100m + free kick.

* yes, yes I know - he subsequently got suspended. But that’s after the game. If it happened in a GF, dissent incurs a heavier penalty than breaking a blokes jaw.

More irony - if he belted Hunter instead of Staker he probably gets 3 Brownlow votes

There is a lot to be said, but a simple change. Campbell forward, a natural mid/fwd who can kick goals and spend 2 years learning to defend.

Cunningham can go back or on the wing.

We would be way better with Campbell kicking into forward 50 or kicking for goal and fast enough to create pressure on the defence.

Sent from my SM-G990E using Tapatalk

Not sure I like the guesswork as to a player's personal situation.

Fair dinkum he does my head in with his decision-making but it doesn't have to be anything more than that.
Yes, I might be guessing, but it's an educated guess. He was clearly distressed at the end of the previous game, clearly almost in tears. It could have been physical but appeared to be emotional as well.This was followed by a clear case of the angry pills and really bad decision making early in the game, but also later. It could be something else like frustration with how the ball was being delivered to the forward line, but he would be clearly over reacting in that scenario.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

That's an incredible graph, they hold their width and trust the insiders.

Also I really rated Lachie Hunter at the dogs, bonkers that they got both Hunter and Langdon from other clubs.
Yeah they were astute trades. Not surprising they trust their inside mids when those inside mids are Oliver & Petracca... who were drafted in back-to-back years.

It goes to show that footy really is just about making as many good decisions as a club as possible.

Heeney in the finals last year was pretty ordinary

Struggles a little with the main stage

I mean he single handedly got us within a point of GWS in 2021.

I agree his form at present is disappointing and I also don't think he's quite delivered to his contract, but I don't think it's at all fair to suggest he doesn't stand up in big games. He's stood up in plenty of big games. He's also gone missing in plenty. Because he's a somewhat inconsistent player playing an extremely inconsistent role.

Some people are too quick to remember the bad games while forgetting the good. Again, I'm absolutely in the "Heeney should be doing more" camp, but I don't think whether a game is "big" or not has anything to do with it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back