List Mgmt. 2021 List Management: Draft, Trade, Free Agency and Academy

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
What would you prefer him to say if indeed Lobb is trying to leave? "Yes, Rory wants to leave, he's not really good and won't be best 22 for us next year, please give your best offers"
I believe it’s more the point that he’s actually talking about Lobb and why.

You don’t talk like that if there’s no smoke.

I don't think you get it. Richard Tambling was gonna be a star too right?
Even top draft picks are a gamble, even the ones that look certainties. A guy who has nearly100 games in for seasons is as close to a side thing as you're gonna get.
I get it. But at the end of the day, you’re trading for pick/s or a player.

Yes, Cerra has runs on the board, but no one is trading pick 1 or two top 10 picks for him.

And if he wants to go, it’s about finding a trade Fremantle will settle for.

Neil Erasmus & Amiss & JVR for me
On my rankings, Erasmus (and Goater) would gone before pick 8.

Only way Erasmus gets to pick 8, on my board, is if Adelaide and Carlton prioritise local kids over best available talent, and either GWS or GC prioritise Gibcus ahead of a mid.

A lot has been said about WA boys to chase to return home, but very little, if any has been said about Wil Power.A former Claremont boy who has played 50 + games at the Suns.
He I believe is out of contract at seasons end.
Tough quick and unafraid plays as a back.Good skills.
Any thoughts?

A lot has been said about WA boys to chase to return home, but very little, if any has been said about Wil Power.A former Claremont boy who has played 50 + games at the Suns.
Any thoughts?

Will Powell?

Any thoughts?
Contracted until 2025.

Any thoughts?
He signed a 4 year deal this year didn't he?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Young defender Wil Powell has committed his future to the Gold Coast SUNS by signing a four-year contract extension. The extension will see Powell remain at the SUNS until the end of the 2025 AFL season. “I love this club and couldn’t be happier to extend my time here,” Powell said. “Gold Coast is home now. “I’m looking forward to chasing success with the group of players and staff we’ve got here at the club.”

... my point was Bell did say what I suggested.

Even if Bell said "we won't entertain a trade" it would be seen as posturing.
The only response to discredit it would be to laugh it off and say they have no idea where this is coming from but Lobb's loving his footy with Freo and we look forward to him playing the rest of his career with us

Erasmus has been getting so much media heat lately, especially following his performance in the recent WA u19s squad. The GWS list manager talked him up on the Road to the Draft podcast yesterday. (GWS has Collingwood's first round pick this year) He is on everyones radar now. Likely to go before our pick at this rate, but would be great if we could snag him.

Last edited:
Rory Lobb gotta be the most ungrateful Sunna of a bitch to sniff at the dollars he is on & his performance this year..

... my point was Bell did say what I suggested.

Even if Bell said "we won't entertain a trade" it would be seen as posturing.

havent posted on big footy for a while, nice to be back!

am I the only one that would not mind Lobb leaving, I think tabernar is well ahead of him and would like to get games in Treacy. I think on $700k he is well overpaid and I see him more as a depth player in the future - I’d definitely be looking at potential offers.

I get it. But at the end of the day, you’re trading for pick/s or a player.

Yes, Cerra has runs on the board, but no one is trading pick 1 or two top 10 picks for him.

And if he wants to go, it’s about finding a trade Fremantle will settle for.

Id love us to trade Lobb for a mid-late first if someone offers. Important for structure, but i think Meek/Darcy can hold the fort for a while. I reckon adding a JVR, Amiss or Williams would be very nice along with a mid with earlier pick

Id love us to trade Lobb for a mid-late first if someone offers. Important for structure, but i think Meek/Darcy can hold the fort for a while. I reckon adding a JVR, Amiss or Williams would be very nice along with a mid with earlier pick

agree 100% if we could flip Lobb for Amyss or JVR I’d be very happy with that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back