List Mgmt. 2021 List Management: Draft, Trade, Free Agency and Academy

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would rather draft a good KPF early, and Tyler Kytel late as a stop gap (or another short term/cheap solution).

I don't see a lot of the WAFL/SANFL/VFL but there must be some 197-200cm 23-25 year olds who work hard and give a contest but will never be a superstar. If we can trade Lobb and his $700,000 salary for a top 6 pick and bring in a Kepler Bradley clone we're ahead.

I don't see a lot of the WAFL/SANFL/VFL but there must be some 197-200cm 23-25 year olds who work hard and give a contest but will never be a superstar. If we can trade Lobb and his $700,000 salary for a top 6 pick and bring in a Kepler Bradley clone we're ahead.
We aint getting a top 6 pick for Lobb. Not a chance

No he's the opposite of that as he's outstanding at winning his own ball. Bolton averages more clearances including more centre clearances than Cerra and wins 8.5 contested possessions a game. He is so damaging with ball in hand that he is getting tagged when midfield. Today he only went forward after Colyer did a great job on him for most of the first half. He's also is a great tackler which we need desperately in our forward fifty. You underrate opposition players constantly
Except he isn't. When Richmond are beaten in the ruck and the middle Bolton is missing. When Richmond dominate in both he is dynamite.

See the Rich St Kilda games.

It's usually at the Champs that the later round guys pop up. I'd like us to bring in a midfield bull, Angus Sheldrick has been decent this year but I'd rather spend a little more and go for the size of Kade Dittmar. Corey Warner would be another likely on our radar, someone James Tunstill could be a shot with a strong Champs performance. Luke Polson would be probably the most likely of the WA talls to rotate through the ruck, just a matter of where else he fits in. That's just WA.
Like your work

Im still convinced that we need to do the following.

Jordan Clark - Bring him in to play on the wing
Shai Bolton - Get him at the right price. Not worth 1 mill a season though.
Adam Cerra - Re Sign this guy at all costs!!!

Darcy Cameron is Lobb goes?
Narkle? - cheaper then bolton

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Taylor is right. Bolton goes completely missing in some games. He'll definitely cost a first+ but I am not sure we are in the right place to take that on.

That said, our midfield is way better than Richmond's these days so he'd probably have more on days here (assuming he doesn't just coast).

Bringing in Bolton now would be stupid. We need another 2 years into our midfield group before we start trading for players to fill out the roster.

The club should stick to the draft and more importantly draft some forwards for once.

Bringing in Bolton now would be stupid. We need another 2 years into our midfield group before we start trading for players to fill out the roster.

The club should stick to the draft and more importantly draft some forwards for once.

I totally agree. I've said already I think we should take at least 3 forwards this year (different sizes).

He would definitely help our forwardline though. Dude knows how to crumb.

Is Bolton or Billings the better player?
Bolton.

Billings probably more consistent (he's older) but seems to have lost his ceiling lately. Did have a 30+6 a few years ago I think. Bolton's best is pretty impressive.

I totally agree. I've said already I think we should take at least 3 forwards this year (different sizes).

He would definitely help our forwardline though. Dude knows how to crumb.

Bolton.

Billings probably more consistent (he's older) but seems to have lost his ceiling lately. Did have a 30+6 a few years ago I think. Bolton's best is pretty impressive.
Billing’s been carrying a foot injury most of the season. Shoyhave been sent for surgery

I'd rather the slightly worse free agent in Billings than Bolton for a first round pick and scraps at this stage tbh.

Slightly worse is probably kind on Billings but whatever.
I'd definitely rather Billings for free over whatever Bolton would cost. Hard to see Billings wanting to come west though.

Billings is a good player. I also get the feeling he might be one of those late bloomer high draft picks that has 3-4 years as a genuine star in their late 20s (Goddard maybe?).

Oh God...
I can see this getting a real workout this trade period. 🤦‍♂️
1627866777883.png

This from the Bolton thread.
1627866833874.png
Hey Mods, can we get the highlight panel as a quick reply or something? custom emoji? I don't know. just for when we don't waste energy actually replying to something inane.

Attachments

• 1627866665841.jpeg
    1627866665841.jpeg
    57 KB · Views: 67
Oh God...
I can see this getting a real workout this trade period. 🤦‍♂️
View attachment 1193948

This from the Bolton thread.
View attachment 1193949
Hey Mods, can we get the highlight panel as a quick reply or something? custom emoji? I don't know. just for when we don't waste energy actually replying to something inane.
I'm fighting the good fight in those threads but * me it's hard, the undervaluing of Cerra is just ridiculous. Campaigners act like he's 30 or something with no growth left in his game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back