MVP 2021 Best & Fairest - Congratz Ollie Wines (AFL) and Sam Hayes (SANFL)

Remove this Banner Ad

Full acknowledgement that we are not a great club yet

This is where I get annoyed.

We are already a great club.

We've just got idiots on the board and losers in the coaches box at this moment in our history.

Ken led with the right thing, recognition they f’ed up prelim final night. Gotta be better than that, but even if you judge the year on the body of work the reality is we were never beating Melbourne.

Congrats to Ollie Trav and Aliir great seasons. Now everyone get back to improving cuse we aren't good enough to win a flag.

The Port Adelaide I grew up worshiping believed they could beat anyone anywhere anytime. It was instilled into us by great men who believed it themselves and lived and breathed it. Thinking we were never going to win is the thing that separates us from our past. Doubt loses Preliminaries, belief wins them

'Dont judge us on one game '

That's literally our clubs motto you bunch of ball bags. campaigners cant even make that game

I hate the naivety of this s**t.

Yes we have some good kids. However there's been little to suggest they can actually lead us to success just yet.

Additionally, things change. Keep finishing at the top and we wont get the next group of superstars into the club and we'll watch our club slowly get over taken by the next group of clubs that have built super midfields and jump us.

It's not as simple as having some good kids and staying at the top. It never has been in this era of list management. You need to continue to improve as the next batch of kids will undoubtedly overtake us if we dont improve significantly.

As crazy as it sounds, our club would be better off prioritising the youth for a few years, bottoming out a bit with the talent we have and scoring some high draft picks, and then charging back up the ladder. Otherwise we'll be stuck in that good but not good enough space where we finish high regularly but dont get the chance to get the cattle in through the draft that we need to compete with the best. Which is where I feel we are right now.

I really feel sorry for these players, the body is still trying to swim but the head is rotten.

The next two years are going to hurt as we realise we have peaked.
We are exactly where our cross-border overlords want us to be, no cups, longest premiership drought, no decent draft picks, stuck in the middle toggling between 3rd and 12th.

I wish we were still the club that got us into the AFL, but looking at the body language last night its clear that the 150th premiership dinner was the aberration.
I hate how we have just become just another franchise.

The people that remember the real Port Adelaide need to reclaim this club before this generational change is complete.
Is that even possible now or is it too late?

View attachment 1250197
summed up my concern precisely.

Last edited:
Drew probably a bit stiff.
Don't forget for the first half of the year Drew was only being played because we wanted games into him and at times our backup mids were injured. His form deserved dropping. He was always unlikely to poll well early. His last half of the year reaped the rewards of us sticking with him.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well done to all the winners of the awards, Garner runner up was terrific, delisting you was your reward, sorry mate you never had an opportunity to show what you can do.
Sorry to be negative in this thread but after watching that rubbish from Koch, Richo and Hinkley last night left me very angry.

Sorry to Jack Cahill & Russell Ebert for the state of our club with it's on field failures and embarrassing the PAFC that you both were a massive part of.

I feel an apology is needed but it won't come from the pirates that have stolen our club so I will say it hear.

I know how us die hard core group are feeling so I know how you both must be feeling, I know this because you guy's taught us how to be the best.

Last edited:
Congratulations to Jeremy Clayton on his life membership he was awarded last night, absolute champion player in a bang average era.

Ken led with the right thing, recognition they f’ed up prelim final night. Gotta be better than that, but even if you judge the year on the body of work the reality is we were never beating Melbourne.

Congrats to Ollie Trav and Aliir great seasons. Now everyone get back to improving cuse we aren't good enough to win a flag.
Didn't watch, couldn't watch. So he actually admitted they fked up?

Ken actually checks his watch right near the end while he's standing next to Jack, with all the other actual winners surrounding him on stage.
I know it was old mate's birthday but sheesh he doesn't read the room sometimes. When he flung the tea over his shoulder in Shanghai

I stared open mouthed thinking wtf have I just seen. For a guy who's steered the PAFC ship for 9yrs he seemed very ill at ease last night.

Like he knows his "act" is up. He had the chance to man up over the PF debacle yet all we got was a self serving throw away line.

Don't judge us on one game. As for Koch I missed his blah blah-a-thon last night... did I miss anything that would pump my tyres up for 2022?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back