25. Dean Kent - Link
39. Darragh Joyce - Link
41. Paul Hunter - Link

To see the full list (it gets updated regularly) visit this thread;

Restricted and Unrestricted Free Agency Window
Friday October 1 – Friday October 8

Trade Period
Players: Monday October 4 – Wednesday October 13
Picks: Monday October 4 – tbc (approx. Friday November 19)

List Lodgement 1
tbc (approx. Thursday October 28)

Delisted Free Agency Window 1
tbc (approx. Friday October 29 - Monday November 8)

List Lodgement 2 (Final date for primary list delistings)
tbc (approx. Tuesday November 9)

Delisted Free Agency Window 2
tbc (approx. Wednesday November 10 - Friday November 19)

Last edited by a moderator:
From gary Lyon on SEN 1 year ago

Garry Lyon read out the latest trade news from his ‘8:30am’ insider on SEN Breakfast this morning.

The report suggested St Kilda and Adelaide struck an agreement as part of Brad Crouch’s decision to join the Saints in free agency.

That deal will see the Crows take on a pair of Saints players to give salary cap relief and allow St Kilda to pay Crouch enough to grant Adelaide top-bracket compensation.

“St Kilda and the Crows got together for a deal RE: Brad Crouch to ensure Adelaide gets compensation pick number two,” Lyon read on SEN Breakfast.

The thought is the money was not high enough to give him the compensation.

“Initially the Crouch money fell under the compensation to make it happen, so the Saints bumped up his wage to get the average over $700,000, originally $550,000, which wasn’t enough.

“In turn, the Crows will take both Jimmy Webster and Luke Dunstan in exchange for a set of steak knife, late draft choices.

“The Crows are taking them off St Kilda’s salary cap, hence the upgrade for Crouch and pick two.”

Webster, 27, did not play a game for the Saints in 2020, while Dunstan played one before a season-ending pectoral injury.
Was never considered except for on here and silly season rumours.
Gallagher said trading Webster was never happening.
So I ask again, where did the club say it was trading Webster?

I'll save you your aggro response. Never is the answer.

Spot on Diehard. This time last year I was hoping that Jimmy would get a clean run with injuries because I felt he still had plenty to offer - even with Paton fit and available.

Jimmy has always been a wonderfully committed defender who just never gets beaten easily, but I agree that many had seem to have forgotten because he’d been out of sight. His biggest problem has been that his body let's him down, and he misses long stretches through injury.

If Paton gets back to his best we may yet end up with two of the best small defenders going around.

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

I would’ve thought they were always going to keep him, especially after delisting Savage. I’ve never heard a word about him being on the chopping block, although his injuries have certainly prevented him from playing a lot before coming back fit again this season.

It doesn’t work like that. Long & Battle are contracted & we’re content for both of them to stay, we are not forcing them out. So, if a teams want them, we will work a deal that favours us. It’s a sellers market

If a team wants Battle, I’d say they’re looking for a hit-up type forward to push up to the wings etc or as a 3rd tall defender. We have a surplus of those so his value to us is less than what his value is to another team that needs that type of player.

Any deal for those 2 will be in our favour
Which team would that be Rors?

I see where you're coming from but there's no way I can see us turning those players into a first rounder. We'd be lucky to turn them into a second rounder.

Richmond seem to have a lot of picks in the 30’s that they won’t use given they only have 3 list spots available.

Long is effectively free for them if they throw us 2-3 of those which allows us to secure the NGA guys and 1-2 other sliders of interest ?.

Had an interesting exchange of messages from a mate who is well known with a leaning to the red white and black.
Asked him about a few things.
He said the talk of B King talking to Bombers is absolute BS.
He said " if/when he comes home he is only playing for one club and it's in Moorabbin.
If framing a market he is a $1.04 chance of happening. From someone very close to family.
Ben has said to club he is happy to play down back but the saints want them both up forward.
Also my mate said about the 2 academy they are both guns and Windhagers coach at Hailbury he has comparisons to Petracca.
The coach said he is a rippa. On the cusp of top 20 in the draft but doing his knee and covid happening with lack of exposure could help us.
Club is looking at 2 younger KPD as back up.
Saints were in to a very very good younger mid from up north early in the season but has gone a bit quiet.

Richmond seem to have a lot of picks in the 30’s that they won’t use given they only have 3 list spots available.

Long is effectively free for them if they throw us 2-3 of those which allows us to secure the NGA guys and 1-2 other sliders of interest ?.
While I agree with the idea you're saying... every chance they try to move up the draft order by bundling picks together and shipping them off the Dogs or Pies for their bids on Darcy/Daicos. Dogs have pick 17, so could get some value trading that for some picks in the 30s.

Had an interesting exchange of messages from a mate who is well known with a leaning to the red white and black.
Asked him about a few things.
He said the talk of B King talking to Bombers is absolute BS.
He said " if/when he comes home he is only playing for one club and it's in Moorabbin.
If framing a market he is a $1.04 chance of happening. From someone very close to family.
Ben has said to club he is happy to play down back but the saints want them both up forward.
Also my mate said about the 2 academy they are both guns and Windhagers coach at Hailbury he has comparisons to Petracca.
The coach said he is a rippa. On the cusp of top 20 in the draft but doing his knee and covid happening with lack of exposure could help us.
Club is looking at 2 younger KPD as back up.
Saints were in to a very very good younger mid from up north early in the season but has gone a bit quiet.

This all sounds perfect, let's hope there is some truth to it

This all sounds perfect, let's hope there is some truth to it
Whether it's true or not, it definitely adds some fun to discussions :D

Not sure why people are keen to put down things they deem to be unrealistic, tenuous #Whispers are what the silly season is all about!

Winner of the SANFL granny gets Luke Dunstan

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using BigFooty.com mobile app

Winner of the SANFL granny gets Luke Dunstan

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using BigFooty.com mobile app
Loser gets two Luke Dunstan's

(Log in to remove this ad.)

While I agree with the idea you're saying... every chance they try to move up the draft order by bundling picks together and shipping them off the Dogs or Pies for their bids on Darcy/Daicos. Dogs have pick 17, so could get some value trading that for some picks in the 30s.

Yep quite possibly.

Where does it stipulate that OOTF is necessarily a shot at goal? OOTF could be anywhere around the ground. I don't think you can simply count those 11 OOTF as shots at goal.....

They said 11 shots that missed everything so I assumed they were shots that went OOTF.

As has been posted ad nauseam and past the point of extreme boredom, Paddy wasn't a stretch. He was going in the top 3 no matter what & was in the convo for #1 for most of the season.

By going off script do you mean that he didn't go with what the Phantom Draft's suggested? None of our selections were crazy long shots from nowhere. As I said, they were probably too conservative at times.

The one that I do remember Trout raving about was Ollie Wines... and I think the feeling was mutual from memory.

He was taken over a pretty much unanimous best player in the draft though, if that isn't unsafe selecting I don't know what is.

Correct, we had Riewoldt in the twilight of his career and Tom Lee the key forward. Trading in forwards cost an arm an a leg, so we drafted the best rated one of the draft. Hindsight is a wonderful thing.

We're talking him playing it safe....he overlooked the player everyone thought was the best player in the draft. That isn't safe.

If we fix our mental fragility, we’ll be an excellent side, but that’s far easier said than done
The best way for this in another 22 games into Ming, Coops, Clark, Coff, Bytel, Byrnes, Highmore and establish an actual midfield dynamic. Although we went a long way towards this in the 2nd half of the season

Correct, we had Riewoldt in the twilight of his career and Tom Lee the key forward. Trading in forwards cost an arm an a leg, so we drafted the best rated one of the draft. Hindsight is a wonderful thing.

We need to stop blaming hindsight.

it was a dumbass decision from day 1.

Trout is gone and rightly so. No need to pretend it was a mistake looking back.

Was an interesting game watching it at the ground. Halfway through the 2nd quarter we were well on top and looked like we would win by 10 goals. I felt like we then started to play like millionaires and Kozzie Pickett made us pay in a 5 minute burst to bring them back close. They then had a bazillion shots and should have won by 70 odd points.

Perhaps the Doggies should have watched the tape of that game as it was exceedingly familiar 😉

My memory isn't that good, I remember getting smashed and that's about it. I was at the game too but just don't remember how it went play by play.

It goes against all the media around about him.

It actually goes against what Luke said in an interview on AW the other week. Pretty sure he clearly said if he was even offered a contract he wouldn’t accept it anyway.
Now if he’s been offered one in the last couple of weeks then that’s a different story.

We will end up with nothing for Luke and Long and Battle are barely best 22 with a full list , Long 3 round and battle second round picks are not going to get you a first round pick .
You just cant put 3 average players in a bag and expect to get a first rounder back
A 2nd and 3rd round pick could indeed net you a first if clubs are looking for draft points for father sons.

We see it happen quite often these days.

I showed a scenario the other day that had us getting 26, 50 and 55 for Battle and Long. Believe it or not that is valued at pick 12, which is a bit of a joke but good if you want to trade up.

Only issue is, there'll be ten other clubs chasing the Dogs pick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back