Not open for further replies.
May 20, 2009
coburg
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Richmond board is hilarious.

My favourite is:

it says everything about why the are and will continue to be a minnow club

in response to the news of North offering a future third and wanting a future fourth in return. So not rolling over to Richmond makes you a minnow club...shouldn't it be the opposite :$
Careful over there.
I just got my first infraction for liking to many posts.
I've never posted a word there.
I would recommend not posting at all.
Short fuse at the moment.

Oct 12, 2008
The North of Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Think CCJ is coming over because he wants to Ruck

If he's getting great delivery from Jy, LDU, Cunners and Tarryn, he's going to want to play forward and kick bags. Either way, I think X has a lot of potential and at the very least we need tall depth. Shouldn't part with him for less than a late second rounder.

Heaps of fun

Goatered on the sticks
Sep 13, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne
If he's getting great delivery from Jy, LDU, Cunners and Tarryn, he's going to want to play forward and kick bags. Either way, I think X has a lot of potential and at the very least we need tall depth. Shouldn't part with him for less than a late second rounder.
Agree there. I don't see any need to let him go unless he doesn't want to play for us anymore. BFNAAK so I think that's unlikely. He's back in the pecking order with CCJ coming across though.

Oct 12, 2008
The North of Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Agree there. I don't see any need to let him go unless he doesn't want to play for us anymore. BFNAAK so I think that's unlikely. He's back in the pecking order with CCJ coming across though.

I think once you've actually been inside a club, BFNAAK doesn't mean as much. It's a career.

Apr 17, 2007
melb home of the kangas
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
hellas,liverpool,storm,au

X has concrete hands - can’t mark

Aug 8, 2021
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Looks about right 💪🏼

C4004EF5-27E8-4817-882E-0A2FF54D4052.jpeg

Smoocher

Premiership Player
Feb 9, 2013
Sporting capital of the world
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Magpies
I think we keep Xerri another season.

He needs to work on his marking inside 50. Gets to the contest but isn’t clunking them.

The club has given him feedback as they do to all players.

He accepted the feedback and acknowledged the flaw in his game.

Is a bit disheartened knowing the club is bringing in CCJ.

He will get better as he is young and determined. Worst case scenario he leaves at end of next year and his value will not have changed.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Shinboner1

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 13, 2020
AFL Club
North Melbourne
He's already been told he'll be best 22 taking over goldy in 2-3 years.
Will play majority ruck from what I'm gathering with goldy playing ruck/forward.
Noble likes a 2 ruck system and it works better in the modern game with less interchanges.

Shinboner1

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 13, 2020
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I think we keep Xerri another season.

He needs to work on his marking inside 50. Gets to the contest but isn’t clunking them.

The club has given him feedback as they do to all players.

He accepted the feedback and acknowledged the flaw in his game.

Is a bit disheartened knowing the club is bringing in CCJ.

He will get better as he is young and determined. Worst case scenario he leaves at end of next year and his value will not have changed.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Except he can leave for less and we cant control where he goes?
might not want to be relegated to the VFL

Jun 4, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I hope we don't lose X. Still very much a required player next year, Goldy can't do it alone and we'll want to have CCJ playing mostly forward.

It's a hard one. Seeing some of the things Xerri did in the VFL was quite astonishing, but then when he was brought up a level and mostly played outside of the ruck he was quite lacking. All the same his actual ruck craft was often reasonably good. I don't particularly want to lose him either but I have two thoughts at the back of my mind. Firstly I can't begrudge him wanting to leave after the recruiting of Edwards and CCJ, and secondly.... What are his suitors offering?

There are only so many ways to earn draft capital, and if someone desperate for a ruck comes knocking and pays overs due to him being both contracted and one of the last rucks potentially on the market... then we have to consider it. We've arguably held onto other players too long in the last decade, including when we were offered damn good compensation to trade them. More often than not it seems to end up a bust for us.

Shinboner1

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 13, 2020
AFL Club
North Melbourne
X has concrete hands - can’t mark
He's taken plenty of good marks at VFL level. Also won a shitload of contested footy and been dominant in the ruck. He deserves an extended crack at it.
Just hasnt shown it at AFL in the times he's had chances.
Similar to TC where they both drop crucial marks or simply punch it out when they should grab it with both hands.
Will be interesting to see where the list managers go but we'll 100% give Xerri a chance if he wants opportunities.

Oct 12, 2008
The North of Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I'd much rather have him on the list than Tom Campbell. As much as I love soups he's shown as much as he's ever going to show, and X has already passed him.

May 20, 2009
coburg
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Just hasnt shown it at AFL in the times he's had chances.
Similar to TC where they both drop crucial marks or simply punch it out when they should grab it with both hands.
Will be interesting to see where the list managers go but we'll 100% give Xerri a chance if he wants opportunities.
Usually I can guess at a trade value and get close.
I have no idea what X is worth.
Fringe in a bottom four club does not say much towards value.
But his VFL form has been really good.
No Idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back