List Mgmt. Adelaide Crows 2021 List Management thread

Will the Crows pick up any of these players in the off-season?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

If we pick someone up I would take Leinert over Davis just for his versatility. I saw him against the Eagles earlier this year in a side that was well beaten. One of the better players.

I would also be happy for us to take Lienert. McAsey, Worrell and Murray are still unproven and will take time. Lienert would both give us depth and also flexibility as we prepare others to give support to Butts down back. Will be interesting to see if we trade draft picks in order to make a play to get Leek Aleer.

I would also be happy for us to take Lienert. McAsey, Worrell and Murray are still unproven and will take time. Lienert would both give us depth and also flexibility as we prepare others to give support to Butts down back. Will be interesting to see if we trade draft picks in order to make a play to get Leek Aleer.

Will he not take more time than the others still?

I wouldn’t really put Lienert in the same conversation as McAsey and Murray, player type-wise

Yeah wouldn't mind him as depth but it probably doesn't say much for our young defenders.

Strong overhead and a great kick, would be our 3rd tall defender in R1.

Might as well have kept Lynch on for 2 years as a half back backup. Saw him play behind the ball once and he was pretty good. Lienert would be a total waste of a list spot. Davis is already no worse and might turn out good if given a decent chance. Lienert would be the archetypical example of building a list to compete for the bottom part of the 8 and further evidence that our version of a rebuild is complete.

Talk of Lienert is crazy IMO. He will be 28 next year!

If we wanted to get experice in, we should have taken 26 yo Dumont who's a better player.

Even that is a bad idea, play the kids, that's what we've been screaming out for for the last 2 years.

If we wanted to get experice in, we should have taken 26 yo Dumont who's a better player.

Even that is a bad idea, play the kids, that's what we've been screaming out for for the last 2 years.
I don't hate the idea of another mature body or two coming in. We need to be giving kids opportunities, but we also have list spots to fill and they shouldn't all be under 20 - even if it's just for balance and a strong reserves side.

Yep.. its crazy to take a 28 year old bloke whos gonna do nothing but clog the list up and make it harder for our youth to get games..

the old “oh, he’ll just be depth, break glass, sanfl leadership only” lines are BS… a 32 year old D Mackay showed us thats all horseshit.. if Lienert is on the list then the temptation will be to play him and the excuse will once again be “we need the experienced guys” and the end result is the young players once again dont get a chance.

NO MORE ******* REJECTS AND DELISTS FROM OTHER CLUBS!.

I don't hate the idea of another mature body or two coming in. We need to be giving kids opportunities, but we also have list spots to fill and they shouldn't all be under 20 - even if it's just for balance and a strong reserves side.

We don't have that many list spots and surely you don't think there's enough talent on the list to genuinely contend. We can't clog our list now, we've got enough experience in the best 22 as it is. We need more talent.

We don't have that many list spots and surely you don't think there's enough talent on the list to genuinely contend. We can't clog our list now, we've got enough experience in the best 22 as it is. We need more talent.

We currently have a lot of young players on our list that need developing. In the past 12 months we have brought 11 players under 22 onto our list, having brought in 5 the year before.

We’re about to bring in another 5 players through the draft.

We’re going to have a lot of young players to develop, many of whom require exposure at the elite level to properly assess their talent, fighting for limited spots in the 22.

As a pure hypothetical, if the club decided they wanted to bring Lienert in to fill the last spot on the Rookie list as an extra playing development coach, I’d have no issue with that.

It would depend on how we rate that talent at that pick, but it may be argued that we’d be better off strengthening our development team and the strength of our reserves side, rather than adding another resource intensive development prospect.

But, if he’s suddenly in our best ~28 fighting for a spot in the 22, without a significant injury list, that’s an issue.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is Lienert good enough to play well in meaningless internal trial/preseason games?

Probably.

As soon as he does that he plays round 1.

Nicks presser prior to round 1....

"Yeah, we really like what Jarrod brings to the group, he showed us his weapon over the preseason and was our best performed back there. We'll keep our powder dry on a few others but can tell you he is playing this week"

Sure, but he would be on a 2 or 3 year deal so you can basically say bye to Worrell getting games.

There's enough experience now with Smith, Brown, Doedee and possibly Milera back there.

Is Lienert good enough to play well in meaningless internal trial/preseason games?

Probably.

"Yeah, we really like what Jarrod brings to the group, he showed us his weapon over the preseason and was our best performed back there. We'll keep our powder dry on a few others but can tell you he is playing this week"

We do love locking C graders into spots. Potentially better players then just need to wait until they leave or retire.

Lienert is not a KPD, even though he has the height, he's a running back/3rd tall with a booming kick. Hinge if he stays fitis another option we'll have for the running back role though I wouldn't mind seeing him get some midfield/wing opportunities, another with a booming kick.

Probably.

100%…

then he’ll play 6 or 7 average games in a row before they finally dump him back to the sanfl and give a youngster a go.

Might as well have kept Lynch on for 2 years as a half back backup. Saw him play behind the ball once and he was pretty good. Lienert would be a total waste of a list spot. Davis is already no worse and might turn out good if given a decent chance. Lienert would be the archetypical example of building a list to compete for the bottom part of the 8 and further evidence that our version of a rebuild is complete.
Lienert is a MUCH better player than Davis, and a totally different one at that.

Too good not to be on an AFL list, just doesn't fit with ours.

Lienert is a MUCH better player than Davis, and a totally different one at that.

Too good not to be on an AFL list, just doesn't fit with ours.
Only thing Davis hasin his favour when compared to Lienert is age, in every other way Lienert has proven to be the better player.

The typical Crows supporter paranoia is palpable here.

Lynch, Talia, McKay have all made an exit, even losing players like Davis will lower our age profile dramatically. Unlikely Tex goes on another year and we’re looking very thin in terms of experienced players around the club.

These experienced players push younger players and drive expectations. Some people on this board just don’t get the bigger picture that it’s all a balance act as we go forward. Some would have us field an entire team of under 22’s every week ‘just to get the gaaaaames into ‘em!’

Moronic.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

The typical Crows supporter paranoia is palpable here.

Lynch, Talia, McKay have all made an exit, even losing players like Davis will lower our age profile dramatically. Unlikely Tex goes on another year and we’re looking very thin in terms of experienced players around the club.

These experienced players push younger players and drive expectations. Some people on this board just don’t get the bigger picture that it’s all a balance act as we go forward. Some would have us field an entire team of under 22’s every week ‘just to get the gaaaaames into ‘em!’

Moronic.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Laird, Crouch, sloane, doedee, brown, smith, seedsman, ROB, keays, dawson and milera are all best 22.

There's plenty of experience there, especially in the mids and defence.

Back