The off topic thread 5.0

Remove this Banner Ad

Oh I stand corrected apparently they’re all Liberal members …oh dear
There is no arguing with the uneducated like Gero - they stick to the Liberal Party lines without actually knowing what they are talking about. I mean he has been using Chairman Dan (a Liberal Party given nickname) for a while and doesn't realise that the Governor can still toss out a government in specific circumstances. And there has to be an election every 4 years. It's a democratic process. If you don't like them - get your arse into gear and get people to not vote for them.

Last edited:

There is no arguing with the uneducated like Gero - they stick to the Liberal Party lines without actually knowing what they are talking about. I mean he has been using Chairman Dan (a Liberal Party given nickname) for a while and doesn't realise that the Governor can still toss out a government in specific circumstances. And there has to be an election every 4 years. It's a democratic process. If you don't like them - get your arse into gear and get people to not vote for them.
Yeah just cop s**t legislation without debate in the meantime whilst waiting for an election to roll around. ******* stupid thing to say but your call about the governor removing a state premier is worse. Why the * would the monarchy which barely has the support of Australia as it is, get involved? They wouldn't. The governor is also nominated by the Premier so the chances of them throwing out the Premier is sfa.

Yeah just cop sh*t legislation without debate in the meantime whilst waiting for an election to roll around. ******* stupid thing to say but your call about the governor removing a state premier is worse. Why the fu** would the monarchy which barely has the support of Australia as it is, get involved? They wouldn't. The governor is also nominated by the Premier so the chances of them throwing out the Premier is sfa.
I mean that's just politics in general right? We had to cop s**t legislation when Abbott was in charge. What is different now? It's democracy in action.

Also if you understood the 1986 Australia Act, you'd realise that the Governor's/Governor General are no longer representatives of the Queen, they serve at the pleasure of the Queen and that's it. They don't act on advice from the Queen as per 1975.

They don't act on advice from the Queen as per 1975
That didn’t happen in 1975. Kerr famously kept the palace out of the loop because both he and Whitlam were in a ‘race to the palace’ to sack the other.
Yeah just cop sh*t legislation without debate in the meantime whilst waiting for an election to roll around. ******* stupid thing to say but your call about the governor removing a state premier is worse. Why the fu** would the monarchy which barely has the support of Australia as it is, get involved? They wouldn't. The governor is also nominated by the Premier so the chances of them throwing out the Premier is sfa.
No we should just sit by and wait for an election while they bring in laws allowing a minister and a committee to detain and even imprison citizens.

The loony left.

No we should just sit by and wait for an election while they bring in laws allowing a minister and a committee to detain and even imprison citizens.
Most ..I would say all public health orders carry a jail sentence if not obeyed. No different in other states. You are being hysterical and don’t even understand the legislation. Peta Credlin certainly doesn’t so if you’re using Sky or Murdoch cheer squad press you’re being completely misled. It’s laughable

I mean that's just politics in general right? We had to cop sh*t legislation when Abbott was in charge. What is different now? It's democracy in action.

Also if you understood the 1986 Australia Act, you'd realise that the Governor's/Governor General are no longer representatives of the Queen, they serve at the pleasure of the Queen and that's it. They don't act on advice from the Queen as per 1975.

Actually you don't just 'cop it' you protest, work against it, and get either amendments put into the legislation or get it thrown out. That's literally the point of having an opposition, or do you think Labor sit around picking their noses until the next election?

I mean that's just politics in general right? We had to cop sh*t legislation when Abbott was in charge. What is different now? It's democracy in action.

The labor party were given the opportunity to debate said legislation. It's not a matter of just waiting until the next election. The party out of power has a responsibility to keep the party in power accountable and not let them bring in bullshit unnecessary laws without debate or discussion with Joe Public.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's remarkable that despite all of the turmoil surrounding Andrews and critique of his government's response to COVID, the opposition still find a way to be the bigger dumpster fire. Weren't they debating their position on electrocuting homosexuals the other week?

It's exactly why He and Labor will be re-elected next year in Victoria.

I am not the biggest fan of how Dan handled this whole COVID crisis but Matthew Guy and the LNP are incompetent muppets who couldn't run a chook raffle

Remove this Banner Ad

Back