Paul Hunter

Traded;
Luke Dunstan

Retired;
Jake Carlisle
Dylan Roberton
Shaun McKernan
James Frawley

To see the full playing list list (it gets updated regularly) visit this thread;

Restricted and Unrestricted Free Agency Window
Friday October 1 – Friday October 8

Trade Period
Players: Monday October 4 – Wednesday October 13
Picks: Monday October 4 – Monday November 15

List Lodgement 1
Friday October 29

Delisted Free Agency Window 1
Wednesday November 3 - Tuesday November 9

List Lodgement 2 (Final date for primary list delistings)
Wednesday November 10

Delisted Free Agency Window 2
Thursday November 11 - Monday November 15

AFL Pre-Season Commences (First to fourth year players)
Monday November 22

National Draft
Round 1: Wednesday November 24 (7pm)
Round 2 – completion: Thursday November 25 (7pm - late)

Preseason and Rookie Drafts
Friday November 26 (3.20pm)

Final List Lodgement
Monday November 29

Pre-Season Commences (All other players)
Monday 6 December

Pre-Season Supplemental Selection Period (SSP)
December - March (tbc)

Pre-Season Christmas Break
Sunday 19 December - Sunday 9 January

Last edited by a moderator:
Jan 14, 2012
The River Murray
AFL Club
St Kilda
I've heard Ben King is happy to be delisted and re drafted if it helps the club out...

I’d laugh my ass off if North decide they don’t need Polec now. Polec to Greenwood would be the most ruthless move ever in AFL draft history wouldn’t it?

Ailurus

Senior List
Aug 26, 2021
AFL Club
St Kilda
That plastic bunch of oxygen thieves have done it again, Greenwood to norf is just so gold coast. I‘m not looking forward to next off seasons we want your next 3 years first rounders.
They just lost one of their best players for nothing for absolutely no reason. That's gotta be a sign for Ben he needs to get out, I can't see them holding out for 3 firsts.

Watching the Gold Coast shooting themselves in the foot with Lyons and Greenwood would make any potential AFL-meddling of a Bing trade pitch all the more inexcusable; that club does enough damage to themselves to deserve what comes their way.

Premium

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 8, 2016
AFL Club
St Kilda
Watching the Gold Coast shooting themselves in the foot with Lyons and Greenwood would make any potential AFL-meddling of a Bing trade pitch all the more inexcusable; that club does enough damage to themselves to deserve what comes their way.
Being one of there best players the last couple of years and a leader for the young kids they have in the team for him to be delisted and told he would be picked up as a rookie would not be good on anyone's resume but just the respect for the guy would of been a major factor for him to leave.
I'ts hard enough to get anyone good to go up there now and they pull a stunt like delisting him because they can't manage there list.
I would be looking at moving on the list manager.

The quicker Ben King get's out of there the better.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This Gold Coast team is a funny lot aren't they. Nice list management

They have employed an AFL legend as List Manager; seen here with his 2 talent scouts.

7aVrTlp.jpg

Yawkey way

Norm Smith Medallist
May 8, 2017
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Red sox
They just lost one of their best players for nothing for absolutely no reason. That's gotta be a sign for Ben he needs to get out, I can't see them holding out for 3 firsts.
I can’t stand them, it’s the sheer stupidity that makes them hard to deal with. They pay overs for guys like weller, ditch players like Lyons and can dig their heals in and turn nasty on a whim. They really seem to have a problem with us over bing so don’t expect any trade if it happens to be easy.

Premium

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 8, 2016
AFL Club
St Kilda
And some people were melting Dunstan might bite us in the ass. This definitely hurts the suns
We had to make the call on Dunstan - we rated high in clearances but were rated worst in center clearance efficiency and the only way to change it is to move people into new roles - Steele and Crouch are noted ball winners and consistently get close to 30 possessions a game if we can get Clark , Bytel or the likes distributing the ball cleanly out of the middle it should help and cleanup the turn overs.

Good call.

TBF North spending the war chest on a 3 year godfatheresque deal for Greenwood has the potential to cause complications down the track.

I could see him getting moved to the rookie list one more time in 2025.

Premium

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 8, 2016
AFL Club
St Kilda
Yep. The other players there must be wondering what is going on.
He was disrespected at the Crow's just going by management saying he wouldn't be missed then he goes to the Gold Coast and shows he is one of the best clearance players in the league and then gets de listed and told he would be picked backup.
I really feel for this bloke , he is striving to be the best he can be to get the most out of his career as well as coin and for a team to throw him on the rookie list is not great for his value as a player - it's the great he left.

All there highly prized recruits would be looking how he was treated and they would be ready to pull the pin when there contract is up.
I can't see Rankine , Luko and King being there next year and if they all go I would expect they will be called Tazzie Devils the following year.

Premium

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 8, 2016
AFL Club
St Kilda
TBF North spending the war chest on a 3 year godfatheresque deal for Greenwood has the potential to cause complications down the track.

I could see him getting moved to the rookie list one more time in 2025.
He wouldn't be to worried now , he will finish his career off at North - he is nearly 30 now.

Ephemeral Hope

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 24, 2021
AFL Club
St Kilda
Wish they delisted touk miller. Imagine him next to Jack Steele 😍 and for free

Back