Toast North Melbourne Debt free

Remove this Banner Ad

We’re holding a 1000 seat presser tomorrow to tell the world we’re debt free for the first time in 30 odd years and the *******s from Newscorp decide to cut our grass the night before by running a story on it..

We might as well have Benny B declare that Elton John likes his condoms with extra tread because they go well in the mud..

PS: Top effort to everyone in the club and the members for achieving this - magnificent news!

Amazing news, from what we’ve all endured as north supporters all these years. I’m sure I’ll still see the “just send them to tassie, send norf to tassie” posts all the time. People just won’t ever let that go. Well done to all north supporters, I’m ecstatic.
- Got our lovely puma home Guernsey
- Sign Greenwood out of nowhere for nothing
- Club reveals they’re debt free
- JHF to be a shinboner soon…

it’s been a good couple of weeks hasn’t it?
96F187FE-CD87-4131-8AA4-40E95FE563DE.jpeg

Who sells more papers north or collingwood…. Who sells more gets no.1

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Fait accompli.

Will be interesting to see how the sad sack sh*t element spin this one.

I know exactly how it will go with some *ers.

IF

North Melbourne have paid off their $9,000,000 debt

THEN

Maybe they should concentrate on the football side of things and get results where it really matters.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

But where are the White Knights?

Seriously, just an awesome effort from everyone involved. A great day for the club 👍👍👍👍👍

"Cath thrapped Kangarooth" can now be consigned to the bin of history.

I was thinking that will still be the wicked witch’s narrative as she will have nothing ‘where are the white nights’

I won $40 million powerball last night. Was gunna give the club 1/2.

Ah well. Ces't la vie.

( Snake, buy a m'ship ) 😉
DID YOU ACTUALLY

From the AFL website: https://www.afl.com.au/news/688198/hooroo-debt-north-makes-history-after-years-of-financial-pain

HooRoo debt: North makes history after years of financial pain
North Melbourne becomes debt-free for the first time in decades... NORTH Melbourne is celebrating after wiping its debt for the first time since 1987.

NORTH Melbourne is an AFL pauper no more, with the Kangaroos debt free for the first time in almost 35 years.

Often the talk of merger and relocation speculation, North heading into the black is a significant achievement for the once-cash strapped battlers.

The Kangaroos rejected a lucrative deal to relocate to the Gold Coast in 2007. Turning down the record package from the AFL split opinions of many, but the bold decision has paid off.

It is the first time the club has been debt free since 1987. Despite COVID interruptions, a bottom-placed finish, and, for the main, crowdless stadiums in 2021, the club has just recorded its 13th profit from the past 14 seasons.

North Melbourne chairman Ben Buckley and chief executive Ben Amarfio will join with past and present coaches to make the announcement official on Friday.

Last edited:
Great outcome for the club. So many people have played a part in this. As a long term NMFC member thank you to everyone who has contributed in some way. I still remember WANM's fight, the meetings with the club, the threats, the lies and above all the joy when I knew we had won the fight against Vlad the Relocator. We have an exceptional club. I just love being part of the club. Now, lets get about winning games.

Thank you everyone who is part of this day.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back