List Mgmt. National & Rookie Draft 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just don't see it. Good yes, gun no way.

I love the way he plays, looks like he thinks he's a gun. Attitude is half the battle. I rated Poulter last year for the same reason. Goater has it too, they exude FIGJAM.

This is where I have an issue. Holes aren't known until players develop. It looks good so far but we thought we were a few patched holes of challenging under Richo at times.
Yeh this is fair. I’m speculating on how the players develop and probably doing it with rose colored glasses.

Pie nights? Weird. Down at Caulfield we got soft drink and meat pie/sausage roll vouchers for BOG.

My kid got a $5 voucher for the Bears club kiosk thing but then they got sponsored by Grill'd and got a decent voucher.

JPB was a deadset gun. Played from 1986-1988. Three seasons, 45 games.
Recruited from Beverley Hills where he stood on everyones heads taking screamers every week as a junior. He was a freak junior.
He played Teal Cup also while attached to us.

Quite honestly if he was around in the system of today he would have been a top five draft pick. Absolutely gifted footballer but was played in the seniors when he was no where near ready. His listed playing weight was 70kgs or so at six feet tall. Good luck with that in the eightees.

If you go to the 1min, 50 second mark here of the Winmar reel...3 mins, 14 secs also.

That is pretty much it for JPB.

Gee whiz, nice bit of footage thanks for passing that on, I’ll have to show him when I catch up with him next week.

Yeh this is fair. I’m speculating on how the players develop and probably doing it with rose colored glasses.

Surely this time we get our moment in the sun.

I've a good feeling that Mitchi san and Windy will prove to be very valuable players. Neither have had much footy for 2 years though so will need some time to catch up. It's gonna be excellent VFL watching this season..

Yeah, we haven't had so many new kids to follow for a while. I'm looking forward to seeing Sandy next season.

Yeah, we haven't had so many new kids to follow for a while. I'm looking forward to seeing Sandy next season.
Yeah will be going to a few Sandy games

My kid got a $5 voucher for the Bears club kiosk thing but then they got sponsored by Grill'd and got a decent voucher.
I bought a beanie from there the other week just for nostalgia mainly. Being an alpha male with lofty goals I didn't get too excited about getting the vouchers. Sometimes out of pity the coach would give it to the fat kid at full forward who got sat on all game and unsurprisingly he would go mental. Love that club.

Will Owens be the first player of Japanese heritage to play in the AFL if he debuts? I know there's been a few around the league but not sure if they ever played in the AFL
Rick Neiwoldt

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Would love it if the unpluggered guys got him on...

I really dont know why, but as a kid through the 80's, he still stands out from that era.
Same with me
He had something special

Recruited from Beverley Hills where he stood on everyones heads taking screamers every week as a junior. He was a freak junior.

Quite honestly if he was around in the system of today he would have been a top five draft pick. Absolutely gifted footballer but was played in the seniors when he was no where near ready. His listed playing weight was 70kgs or so at six feet tall. Good luck with that in the eightees.

If you go to the 1min, 50 second mark here of the Winmar reel...3 mins, 14 secs also.

Nicky was a gem.

Would love it if the unpluggered guys got him on...

I really dont know why, but as a kid through the 80's, he still stands out from that era.

That would be awesome. I’m fairly certain he worked as a groundsmen as well on Moorabbin back in the day but I could be wrong about that. I’m sure he would have a few good stories for everyone

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Clicked on the video not realising it was that long. A glorious 55 minutes later…

Sorry to harp on JPB but he comes on at around the 19 minute mark of this vid and has impact on the next two goals..

Interesting game this one.

Tim Pekin playing for Fitzroy with Ken Hinkley, Ross Lyon and Matt Rendell.
One of Nathan Burkes first games if not his first. Rod Owen spraying them everywhere. Prime Lockett. Poddy Calf Stewart Loewe.

Last edited:
I kind of feel that more likely than not, it will be the 10 other teams before us that could have had Nasiah WANGANEEN-MILERA but Don't!!
smokey for the rising star? JHF obviously the favourite but our man is actually a different player to the others, not just the same inside mid. If he's lighting up the wing and racking up goals and goal assists he'll stand out

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back