Training 2022 Training - pics, reports etc

Remove this Banner Ad

Doch stepping aside as captain.

Good move, needs to focus on himself, it'll be good for him.
Good move, i agree with this as much as it is for him to focus on himself and getting ready for the season. Also because i don't like co-captains, it takes away from the prestige of it if you have a co-captain i reckon

Good move, i agree with this as much as it is for him to focus on himself and getting ready for the season. Also because i don't like co-captains, it takes away from the prestige of it if you have a co-captain i reckon

I feel like Voss would be a fan of the sole captain model. First thing he did as Brisbane coach was dump co-captains and appoint Brown sole captain.

I suspect Cripps will be captain with Walsh and Weitering joint vice-captains.

The ROI would pretty good you'd think.

If accuracy improved by 5% thats and extra goal a game (when averaging 20 ahots at goal) roughly.

Think about how many games we lost by less than a goal a couple of years ago. That could easily translate to 2 extra wins in the season.

How much do you reckon his services would cost? $50-80k for a 5-10hr commitment per week? $150k?

I reckon it would be well worth it.

Soft Cap implications you’d assume but like you said, net results could be a substantial benefit to W/L column and flow on effect to absorb the fee/s.

If not Sav, someone that can drill the players correctly.

Soft Cap implications you’d assume but like you said, net results could be a substantial benefit to W/L column and flow on effect to absorb the fee/s.

If not Sav, someone that can drill the players correctly.
I just assumed that Sav had moved up to the gold coast to continue the never ending project - fix Levi's kicking;)

We have one of the game midfield greats in Diesel at our disposal, bloody oath use him. I suspect he's taking a couple of our more junior midfielders (cough Dow cough) under his wing, to mentor not only on skills but the mental side of things, help some players develop a harder edge. I recall when Neil Craig was around how he took a couple under his wing to try push and motivate during training.

What are you guys planning on doing with Hewitt? Obviously defensive roles for us, hoping he’s released into a more attacking role.

Starting Mid.

Not sure stepping aside is the terminology id use
it's pretty much what every meeja outlet is going with
Carlton: "Docherty to step aside as co-captain"
AFL: "Docherty steps back from captaincy..."
Fox sports: "Blues start steps aside as co-captain..."
Herald Sun: "Blues star steps down as co-captain"
West Australian: "AFL: Sam Docherty steps down as Carlton captain..."
News.com.au: "Star gives up captaincy..."

(Log in to remove this ad.)

what's his best? have we seen it or is he still getting there?
First half of 2018 he was going at nearly 20 touches and a goal a game for a while. That's the kind of player I'd like to see him be.
Forward who can push up a wing.

quick question... who's #41 now?
Wasn't sure who that was. As far as I'm aware, Akuei has been given #41, but it's obviously not him.

EDIT: seems to have a decent head of hair, so somebody who wasn't around when they guys all shaved their heads?
1641966057753.png

DOUBLE EDIT: think this is him? Doesn't help me though.
1641966236411.png

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back