Training 2022 Training - pics, reports etc

Remove this Banner Ad

Hey guys, does anyone have any idea if there's upcoming open training sessions?

Supposed to be one on the 21st. Would be pretty easy to still run. Masks mandatory and no signings/pictures.

It's also outside in a large stadium. I've generally been a supporter of the various restrictions etc but if we're going to get on with life, this is the last type of event that should be canned. Up to individuals to manage their own risk, with some minor caveats like mandatory masks.

(This is of course predicated on there being no interaction with players )

Williams unlike our other directors is full-time and paid in his role as footy director. If the intent was just for him to fulfill his governance responsibilities he wouldn't need to be. I suspect there is an agreement that he supports part time as a skills coach in addition to his board role. It allows him to be closer to the football program and gives the club an extra coach paid outside the soft cap.
He's on the football department payroll, so yes he does come under the soft cap.

Cripps looks to be moving real well in the latest training video.

EDIT: link to video

Appreciate you linking that, but that's some very rusty, very unathletic football by most.

Long ways to go, but at least we're trying to train for faster handballs in close.

He's on the football department payroll, so yes he does come under the soft cap.

Appreciate you linking that, but that's some very rusty, very unathletic football by most.

Long ways to go, but at least we're trying to train for faster handballs in close.
Obvoiusly there's other things that can be garnered from it, but I posted mainly to show how freely Cripps seems to be moving.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

For me looked like the tackle pressure was better, No one was getting side stepped, some handballs were abit off but expected... Other then that looked ok

It's also outside in a large stadium. I've generally been a supporter of the various restrictions etc but if we're going to get on with life, this is the last type of event that should be canned. Up to individuals to manage their own risk, with some minor caveats like mandatory masks.

(This is of course predicated on there being no interaction with players )
The sponsor event on 11th of February has been cancelled/postponed already. Might struggle to get permission from afl for open training.

On SM-F926B using BigFooty.com mobile app

My info was that he was on admin payroll.

On SM-F926B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Were you near or far sighted Gilbert? Hope you kept your bette childs carlton name place, too.

Quite possibly the funniest breakfast I have had. Was it Jed Lamb on our table? And my name plate on the table was Betty ******* Child’s!

Internally that may be true but t there's nothing to be gained by the club 'sacking' him in public
Semantics. Whether he steps down, steps aside, makes himself unavailable, the result is the same.
The man needs to focus on his health/fitness and possibly getting back to playing good football. Being a captain would be a needless burden and distraction to both him and the group.
He would have had a discussion with the club and in the best interests of all, he (insert appropriate verbiage here) will not be captain.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back