Training 2022 Training - pics, reports etc

Remove this Banner Ad

Matched up on the younger Cripps in defence…really nothing to talk about from either…did well in a marking contest drill against fogerty (major height difference), not as well against Martin who really man handled him.
To be expected at his age I reckon. Core strength won't be there yet.

Honestly wouldn’t be shocked if we had 5 guys in the all Australian team next year after today.

We clearly have 17 players that need to lift. Typical Carlton...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

To be expected at his age I reckon. Core strength won't be there yet.
There was a lot of man handling going on in contests. Players aggressively punching the hands of opponents who were grabbing (kemp on Charlie), players pushing and shoving to gain position etc. no half hearted efforts..great to see.

Thanks to all those who provided updates from the session yesterday for those of us who couldn’t make it. Very much appreciated.

Sounds overwhelmingly positive. Really excited to hear Charlie is looking good. Round 1 can’t come quick enough.
I also very much appreciate the reports but I didn’t get an overwhelming positive vibe
Saad thigh strapped skills a bit of
scrappy match
A few like Philp looking of it
I’m looking forward to some matches against opposition to see where we are
Our top 6 players aren’t going to lift us from mid table
I don’t want to be a negative Nelly but the reports didn’t fill we me with confidence

I also very much appreciate the reports but I didn’t get an overwhelming positive vibe
scrappy match
I don’t want to be a negative Nelly but the reports didn’t fill we me with confidence

Do you count Charlie in top 6? Because he has not been for the last 2 years

scrappy match
No-one did a season ending injury. So to me, it was resoundingly positive.

From my understanding regarding our players putting on size - Russell doesn't care for it so long as they are efficient in their output/ putting on size the right way. He doesn't believe in adding size for size sakes which may go some way to why Dow hasn't put on a lot of upper body size and others. His focus from what I've listened to and from other high performance guys is more lower body / power output.
He concentrates on core and leg strength. It's why Cripps can stand in tackles.

scrappy match
l don't believe you read much into any pre season games at all to be any real indicator.

List is in pretty good shape, so would expect a much more rounder game plan and making top 8 should be the geninue expectation.

This.
And he doesn't have to create this momentum 25 times a game (like some statistic researchers believe), to be very valuable.
If he starts a chain 10 times per game that leads to goals, then he has done his job well. If he provides a link another 10 times and they lead to a few goals. Then he has had an awesome game.

Not every mid needs to touch the ball 30-40 times per game. It's the quality of possession that counts.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back